First Name
Owen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger STX 4x4
Occupation
Retired
Hello All. To begin with, yes I have used the search function on this forum and I've gone through the owner's manual. Still can't find the answer so I'm sure someone on this site knows.

When I start up my Ranger, there's a row of red lights on the dashboard immediately in front of the steering wheel that briefly light up and then go out. What are these for? Picture enclosed. Curiosity is driving me crazy. Thanks in advance.

Dashboard Lights 052720.jpg
Sponsored

P. A. Schilke

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat 4x4, 2020 Lincoln Nautilus, 2005 Alfa Motorhome
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Hello All. To begin with, yes I have used the search function on this forum and I've gone through the owner's manual. Still can't find the answer so I'm sure someone on this site knows.

When I start up my Ranger, there's a row of red lights on the dashboard immediately in front of the steering wheel that briefly light up and then go out. What are these for? Picture enclosed. Curiosity is driving me crazy. Thanks in advance.

Dashboard Lights 052720.jpg
This display is to tell you of an imminent accident. Likely in conjunction with AEB.

Best,
Phil Schilke
Ranger Vehicle Engineering
Ford Motor Co. Retired

OP
OP

TheFixer253

First Name
Owen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger STX 4x4
Occupation
Retired
Thanks Phil. I suspected it was some sort of warning system. So I took your answer and went through the owner's manual again. Still can't find any mention, diagram or picture of these lights. If anyone finds a reference to it in the manual please let me know. At least now I know what they're for.

rang19ca

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT 4X4 2024 Escape ST-Line
Occupation
Retired Diesel Mechanic
I believe that there is a thread that talks about this somewhere on the forum.

OP
OP

TheFixer253

First Name
Owen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger STX 4x4
Occupation
Retired
Yes, I found the thread entitled "PRE COLLISION ASSIST." The dashboard lights in question are mentioned several times.
Sponsored