First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat 4X4, 2016 Corvette Stingray
Occupation
REALTOR
I just ordered the tri fold hard one from ford. Should be about a week for delivery and install. I will post pics and review when i get it.
Did you post any pics of your Ford cover installed? I ordered mine through them as well.
thanks!
Sponsored

Tim H.

First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
REALTOR
I just had mine installed at the dealer a week or so ago.

0E4FCBAE-CF15-433F-9F42-90E7E24CAFA3.jpeg

83216E1F-D588-466B-9588-A58F051EF3D9.jpeg
Very nice! I think they told me if I order it with the truck it’ll be installed at the factory. I could be wrong. Do you know who makes this cover?
Thanks!

bigtim1919

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat Supercrew
Very nice! I think they told me if I order it with the truck it’ll be installed at the factory. I could be wrong. Do you know who makes this cover?
Thanks!
I thought I had read somewhere that BAK makes them for Ford, but I could be mistaken.

wikolipr

First Name
Vic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19' Ranger FX4
Somewhat of a win here. Just installed a BAKFlip G2 off a Colorado. The guy had it installed at the dealer but within the first week he took it off and threw it in storage because he needed a bed toolbox. Bought it from him for $200. With some minor adjustments, including trimming the rails a bit, I got it to fit perfectly. I still need to seal the famous gaps on the front and tailgate.

NOTE: The cover is not completely shut/closed in the picture. When closed, it seals with the tailgate.

IMG_1855 2.jpg

Tim H.

First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
REALTOR
Somewhat of a win here. Just installed a BAKFlip G2 off a Colorado. The guy had it installed at the dealer but within the first week he took it off and threw it in storage because he needed a bed toolbox. Bought it from him for $200. With some minor adjustments, including trimming the rails a bit, I got it to fit perfectly. I still need to seal the famous gaps on the front and tailgate.

NOTE: The cover is not completely shut/closed in the picture. When closed, it seals with the tailgate.

IMG_1855 2.jpg
Big win...congrats!

Alpinist

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Sport
Just installed an Extang Solid Fold 2.0 on my Ranger this morning. I had one in my F-150, and it fit like a glove- the Ranger, not so much. The tailgate seals are too far back, so when it’s properly aligned, it doesn’t seal the gate- it’s got to be installed farther back which makes it look slightly janky.

I like the concept of the sit on top tonneau from a weatherproofing standpoint, but the overall fitment leaves a lot to be desired. The header rail near the cab also fits only OK; seems likely to move over time and compromise the weatherproofing. Overall I’m less than impressed; which is a shame since I absolutely loved the one I had on my F-150.

69CB3E01-012A-41A3-9492-A93B1CD9A0B7.jpeg

Clump

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Explorer ST former 2021 Ranger Lariat Tremor
Got my $100 rebate from Truck Hero today.

I'm still very satisfied with my Extang Xceed cover, although it should have come with something to fill those holes at the front rail. My home grown solution is still going strong.

Rp930

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘19 Ford Ranger Lariat,MB GLK250,’21 Shelby GT500
Occupation
Retired
I’ve had my MX4 for almost a year and I’m very happy with it. Great versatility. Still looks new.

DHare

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat - Saber; 2020 Ford Edge - Rapid Red
Occupation
Retired
Has anyone purchased a cover from tonneaucovered.com?
I wonder if anyone has had an issue with tonneaucovered.com or Undercover. I ordered an Undercover Ultra Flex on 5/28 and it still hasn't been shipped. They say they've checked with Undercover and will let me know when it ships and ascribe the delay on Covid. Undercover hasn't bothered to reply to my inquiry other than a canned response to a Contact form.

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 1973 Mercury Capri
Vehicle Showcase
I wonder if anyone has had an issue with tonneaucovered.com or Undercover. I ordered an Undercover Ultra Flex on 5/28 and it still hasn't been shipped. They say they've checked with Undercover and will let me know when it ships and ascribe the delay on Covid. Undercover hasn't bothered to reply to my inquiry other than a canned response to a Contact form.
I'm not sure I'd expect anything near "normal" service these days - with shipping delays and so much work from home activity, there are quite a few things to throw a wrench into the mix.

And example - My wife ordered some fabric on Etsy, which she didn't realize was coming from China. In non covid times, the normal ship times were about 2 weeks. She is at just over 4 weeks now - apparently the "new normal" is 4-6 weeks in covid times. I don't believe it has anything to do with the seller, and EVERYTHING to do with covid.

DHare

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat - Saber; 2020 Ford Edge - Rapid Red
Occupation
Retired
I had
Here is mine installed at the factory. I’ll get better pics once I take delivery Monday.

2916FA92-35F4-42A1-A972-6CE09EBABE37.jpeg

887BD4F4-EB39-4E05-86BB-97B21D04A812.jpeg

BB8ABAA9-D79E-4327-A029-AFC5D1C255B2.jpeg
a Fo
Here is mine installed at the factory. I’ll get better pics once I take delivery Monday.

2916FA92-35F4-42A1-A972-6CE09EBABE37.jpeg

887BD4F4-EB39-4E05-86BB-97B21D04A812.jpeg

BB8ABAA9-D79E-4327-A029-AFC5D1C255B2.jpeg
I had this cover on my Saber Ranger until an accident befell it. I was happy with it until then.

WARNING - if you ever have your truck towed backwards, either tie down the cover or fold it up towards the cab. The little latches will not hold. I had to have my Ranger loaded backwards onto a flat bed because it would not recognize the key fobs (was a connector that came loose under the center console - probably never fully latched at the factory). Couldn't even start it with the fob in the passive start position in the console. Because of where it was parked, it had to be dragged onto the flatbed backwards. On the way to the dealer, riding backwards on the tow truck, the wind caught the back section and flipped the whole cover over the roof of my truck. The antenna poked a hole in the cover, the top brake light severely dented the cover, the mounting brackets were bent, the antenna was partially pulled out of the roof, and the roof had ripples put in it. The tow company's insurance took care of repairs - $1700 for the roof/antenna, plus $950 for a new cover (Undercover Ultra Flex). Not a fun experience when the tow guy calls and says "we had a little problem"!

Z_Dawgz

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat 4X4
Occupation
IT Manager
I just had mine installed at the dealer a week or so ago.

0E4FCBAE-CF15-433F-9F42-90E7E24CAFA3.jpeg
Do you have a link to where you got the black lettering? I've been looking for something like that for a while.

bigtim1919

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat Supercrew
Do you have a link to where you got the black lettering? I've been looking for something like that for a while.
Got them off Amazon, I believe the brand was Eyecatcher. Very happy with the look and very easy to apply.
Sponsored