lawrench

First Name
Harry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat SCrew FX4 Lightning Blue
Vehicle Showcase
I will not recommend that you purchase one, but I will recommend you do not purchase BAK Revolver x4. I have only had it one week and it came with a manufacturer defect, and it will still take 7-10 days for BAK to let me know if they will warranty it or not.
Sponsored

SemperVee

First Name
Dar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 F150 LARIAT. 2019 Ranger XLT Traded in.
Vehicle Showcase
Here is mine - Gator EFX Hard Fold for $599 fron RealTruck.com. Delivered in a few days. No issues at all.

Rnger cvr copy.png

lawrench

First Name
Harry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I will not recommend that you purchase one, but I will recommend you do not purchase BAK Revolver x4. I have only had it one week and it came with a manufacturer defect, and it will still take 7-10 days for BAK to let me know if they will warranty it or not.
They (BAK Industries) decided they will warranty my cover. So I have to field destroy the bad one, send in photos proving that it was rendered unusable. Then I have to wait up to 30 days before they will send a replacement cover to me. It seems like an awful long time for warranty replacement. I will not look at anything from BAK Industries in the future because of this.

P. A. Schilke

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat 4x4, 2020 Lincoln Nautilus, 2005 Alfa Motorhome
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
They (BAK Industries) decided they will warranty my cover. So I have to field destroy the bad one, send in photos proving that it was rendered unusable. Then I have to wait up to 30 days before they will send a replacement cover to me. It seems like an awful long time for warranty replacement. I will not look at anything from BAK Industries in the future because of this.
Hi Larry,

Sad you are having difficulties with BAK. I found them to be quite responsive to my questions and offer to overnight end caps for my Revolver x4. My only complaint is

Best,
Phil Schilke
Ranger Vehicle Engineering
Ford Motor Co. Retired

KJRR

First Name
KJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ford Ranger, '14 Ford Edge, '74 VW Type 181
Occupation
Professional Curmudgeon
I tried a piece of the Extang MaxSeal in those corners. with my Extang Solid Fold 2.0 I jammed it in there and got it to stick and no daylight any longer. I do still have water coming in on one side though. Need to get back in there to investigate where its coming from. Waiting for warmer weather when I can spend time taking off the cover and rails and seal it up right. I do like this idea, keep us updated on how it works out.
I found the leak is coming from the seams where it folds. The rain tends to puddle up on the cover and drips through the seam. Leaks only one side since the truck isn't level. Thinking if I can find v-fold weather stripping thin enough, I can put it in the gap to channel the water off the sides. Maybe something like this. Time for a Home Depot trip. When I don't have to wait in line of course.:rolleyes:

Glocker

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4, 2014 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
I'm excited; I ordered an aluminum bed cover that retracts into a cartridge between the bed rails on the cab side of the bed. It's kind of like a rolling garage door laid on it's back. $730 shipped from Amazon! I'll post up a review and such once it's in an on the truck.

RangersLeadTheWay

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat 4x4
I have a RetraxONE Mx on mine, and I absolutely love it. I haven’t had any issues with leaks, but I haven’t experienced any heavy rain in a while... Seems to hold up just fine though, and I love that it’s low profile, locks in any position, and retractable.

lawrench

First Name
Harry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
UPDATE on BAK Industries Warranty issues:

I received the official response from BAK Industries this morning:

1590761029293.png

To me, this is unacceptable. A person should not pay $1000.00 for something that cannot be used for almost 3 months. I purchased this product in April and the replacement is going to be shipped in July. I understand some people have had a good experience with their BAK Industries tonneau covers, but this shows that they could care less about their customers. I would advise to stay away from that company at all costs.

Alpinist

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Sport
Seems like poor service is the norm as of late. I tried to buy an Extang Solid Fold 2.0 from Tonneau Factory Outlet, and they were quite efficient about taking my money- shipping me the product is another story. I've since canceled my order. Pretty disappointed about the quality of service I got from them- which is somewhat of a surprise after reading through some of the threads on here.

JaysOnTheEDGE

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Sport 4x4, 2021 Escape SEL AWD
Still loving my Leer HF350M, its heavy though so if you remove it often its not the one for you. Once its installed and you take a little bit of time to seal it up and adjust the latches its pretty rock solid.

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 1973 Mercury Capri
Vehicle Showcase
Seems like poor service is the norm as of late. I tried to buy an Extang Solid Fold 2.0 from Tonneau Factory Outlet, and they were quite efficient about taking my money- shipping me the product is another story. I've since canceled my order. Pretty disappointed about the quality of service I got from them- which is somewhat of a surprise after reading through some of the threads on here.
I had great service from them. I wonder if all the covid and work from home stuff has messed up their ability to fulfill orders?

Sorry to hear about your poor experience.

Alpinist

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Sport
I had great service from them. I wonder if all the covid and work from home stuff has messed up their ability to fulfill orders?

Sorry to hear about your poor experience.
Yeah it's a real bummer- I specifically bought from them due to all the positive feedback they've got on here. Hope my experience is just an exception and not the rule.

LightingBlue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fx4 off-road Larit Supercab (2019)
UPDATE on BAK Industries Warranty issues:

I received the official response from BAK Industries this morning:

1590761029293.png

To me, this is unacceptable. A person should not pay $1000.00 for something that cannot be used for almost 3 months. I purchased this product in April and the replacement is going to be shipped in July. I understand some people have had a good experience with their BAK Industries tonneau covers, but this shows that they could care less about their customers. I would advise to stay away from that company at all costs.
This may be a matter of perspective, but I do not see an issue with this. They stood behind their product and are sending out a no-cost replacement. All they required was proof of the failure and that the product wasn't usable (so there is reduced chance of fraud).

That the entire planet is having issues with parts supply and meeting pre-existing volume commitments is a unique situation. A July ship date isn't unreasonable as it's unlikely that they have ol' Jimmy in the back, whipping out one-off construction for warranty applications (you wouldn't want that in the long run anyway!). That time frame seems entirely reasonable given global situations and inventory methodology utilized in America. They will be waiting on a shipment of somewhere north of 50 units in one container coming from our friends across the ocean. You've been allocated one of those units.

Notes:

- How much something cost is mostly irrelevant. All the units are $1,000 and cost is most likely over $750 per unit that they outlaid hoping to sell some or take a loss.

- IMHO, seeing the situation as something that required a 2-week? 3-week? complete resolution is seeing through "Amazon eyes", where containers of everything are just waiting for you and will be delivered to satisfy our quickly blossoming addiction to instant gratification.

- Having worked with manufacturers (both in the automotive and software industries), their effort and resolution jives with expectations and capabilities.

Sandman Ranger

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT Crew Cab 4x4 Saber
Occupation
Lead Process Engineer
BAKFLIP.
Sorry for anyone having issues but I purchased mine from them direct with no issue. Love mine. Works great.

932D139B-EA21-4803-8A3C-64E55AB7C488.jpeg
Sponsored