MARC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FORD RANGER LARIAT 2019
Occupation
TEACH
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks for posting this. It is informative but of course intended to promote the tire. I wonder if any members have direct experience with the new one yet? The current OEM Hankook tires that many of us have on our Rangers are adequate ("don't love them, don't hate them," as one member wrote), but if Hankook really did make all of the stated improvements, then the new version would be something to seriously consider when it comes time to replace or upgrade.

Indy650

First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat
Here is a great article on the differences. To me it looks like the AT2 will be a better on-road tire with the tread wear rating going up to 660 from 560 and the new stepped block edge technology for quieter road noise.

https://www.tirebuyer.com/education/hankook-dynapro-at2

I'm not an expert on tires but I have had a lot of experience with many different tires and the AT2 looks better traction wise on a dirt surface as it has the center blocks broke up into smaller sections whereas the ATM had big blocks in the center. It's debatable to me whether the AT2 will be better in snow/slush than the AT-M. Also when it comes to ice the AT2 has a higher tread life so does it have a harder rubber compound? If it does it's not going to be as good on ice and I think the AT-M will still be better in slush and mud.

tugger50

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT RANGER SUPERCREW, 2002 F-350 7.3 POWERSTROKE DIESEL
Hi everyone,

Long time lurker, first time poster. Anyways as my post states I just found that the tires that come from the factory on the Rangers are no longer available.

I'm a service writer at the local Ford dealership. We had a customer come in who happened to blow a tire on their Ranger. Went ahead and got in contact with our local Hankook dealer since we don't stock tires. Turns out Hankook has discontinued the Dynapro ATM.

Being a Ranger owner myself I decided to do a little digging. Reached out to multiple suppliers only to get the same answer. Attempted to reach out to Hankook personally and couldn't get a straight answer.

Anybody have an idea as to what's going on? I'm concerned because it could easily be me in need of one tire and my OCD will not accept a mismatch.
My 2019 RANGER came with Bridgestone Dueler A/T's. I see that the majority came with Hankook

HenryMac

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 SuperCab XL - FX4 - Magnetic - Rocksliders
Occupation
Mech. Engineer - Retired
My 2019 RANGER came with Bridgestone Dueler A/T's. I see that the majority came with Hankook
What's the build date of your Ranger? Is it a 4x4 FX4?

HenryMac

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Mech. Engineer - Retired
No, it's a XLT without trail control. Where do I find the build date? Thanks.
Drivers Side Door Jamb Sticker... not the yellow tire pressure sticker, the white sticker... see below: "DATE: 7/19".

Window sticker also has it at the bottom.

Door Jamb Sticker No Vin.jpg

tugger50

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Drivers Side Door Jamb Sticker... not the yellow tire pressure sticker, the white sticker... see below: "DATE: 7/19".

Window sticker also has it at the bottom.

Door Jamb Sticker No Vin.jpg
Thanks. Build date 10/19

HenryMac

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Mech. Engineer - Retired
Thanks. Build date 10/19
Could simply be because you don't have the "FX4" package.

The info for the FX4 states "off-road tires with aggressive tread".

Opinion vary in regard to what is aggressive. :facepalm: I wouldn't say the Dynapro ATM's are aggressive.

Last edited:

tugger50

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Could simply be because you don't have the "FX4" package. The info for the FX4 states "off-road tires with aggressive tread".
The Bridgestone 's defiantly are not aggressive looking. They are quiet on the Hwy. I like that.

HenryMac

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Mech. Engineer - Retired
The Bridgestone 's defiantly are not aggressive looking. They are quiet on the Hwy. I like that.
Dynapro ATM's are also quiet.

Hounddog409

First Name
Tod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Vehicle Showcase
What's the build date of your Ranger? Is it a 4x4 FX4?
Build day does not matter. Certain levels came with hankook. Others with duellers.

Fx4 came with hankook. My stx 4x4 came with the duellers.

I will be replacing the duellers. Good on pavement. Good in rain. Were surprisingly good off road.

Not good in snow. At all.

HenryMac

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Mech. Engineer - Retired
Build day does not matter. Certain levels came with hankook. Others with duellers.

Fx4 came with hankook. My stx 4x4 came with the duellers.

I will be replacing the duellers. Good on pavement. Good in rain. Were surprisingly good off road.

Not good in snow. At all.
Doesn't matter? Well, sure, maybe until they stopped making Dynapro's ATM's... which is the subject of this thread. That's why i asked for the build date.
Sponsored