Sponsored

Gun Related Pictures and Chat

TJC

Well-Known Member
First Name
Tony
Joined
Aug 28, 2020
Threads
47
Messages
4,150
Reaction score
10,623
Location
North Carolina
Vehicle(s)
93 Miata, 05 Ranger 4x4, 20 Ranger 4x4, 23 CX-5
Not a gun but still plenty dangerous.

IMG_4582.webp


Want to guess what it is?

It's a High powered blue laser.

I have a green laser pointer and I thought this might be a little stronger.

It's not.

It's a LOT stronger. Too strong actually.

I bought it to reach those Joro spiders that are way up in the corners of the roof.

This will reach them, but this thing is so dangerous I'm returning it.

IMG_4578.webp


The beam will burn through paper pretty much instantly and will burn wood.

See the block of wood in the pic below, the top Z is about 1 second of passing the beam across it.

The lower Z I let it linger slightly and that took about 4 seconds.

Just to the right of the lower Z is a hole where I let it stay in one spot for about 1 second. It started digging a hole through. Wood starts smoking instantly when the beam hits it.

IMG_4583.webp


If this beam accidentally swept across your skin I think it would blister instantly.

Of course it would instantly blind anyone if it hit their eyes.

It came with safety glasses in case of reflection, but that doesn't protect anybody else.

Very neat, like my own lightsaber, but just a bit too dangerous for me.
Food for thought.... Maybe now we know why nothing blue burned in the fires in Hawaii....

Metal melted next to wood piles that were untouched. Highway guard rails melted while trees just feet away were untouched. Houses with blue roofs were untouched as were blue cars, blue umbrellas and blue trash cans. A car in the middle of concrete parking lot melted but no fire around the parking lot. A lot of unexplained strange things happening these days...

Lots of very bright people out there... Gotta wonder what's in orbit around this planet. The ultimate high ground.

I'm not paranoid, just used to thinking outside the box.

Consider another example - The only 3 steel infrastructure buildings to collapse due to fire (and I went back to 1930 checking) were WTC Bdgs 1, 2, and 7. And a lot of major fires have consumed entire skyscraper complexes, and in every case the steel superstructure remained standing. Even in the atomic blasts in Japan and the WWII fire storm bombings in Dresden and other major German cities the steel infrastructure stood. The roads caught fire, stones turned to powder, ancient rock/stone cathedrals collapsed days after the fires went out, but the steel remained.

Physics tells the story. Not Tel-A-Vision.

Consider theses Seismic readings from Columbia University comparing the WTC1 (top black graph) collapse with the controlled demolition of the Seattle Kingdome (bottom blue graph). The seismic finger prints timelines are identical. The patterns closely match the controlled Kongdome demolition.
WTC 1 Seismic .webp


Again, food for thought.... We live in interesting times.
Sponsored

 

Dr. Zaius

Well-Known Member
First Name
Dennis
Joined
Dec 20, 2019
Threads
82
Messages
7,114
Reaction score
43,520
Location
Living The Dream
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4
Can we get one in green?
The green ones will just be a laser pointer.

Far less powerful.

A typical laser pointer is around 5mW.

This one is rated at 50000mW.

Chinese quality control and all, it may be more than that.

Point it at wood or paper and it starts smoking instantly.

I pointed it at a piece of black plastic and it boiled it away like it was nothing.
 

Rinn69

Well-Known Member
First Name
Mike
Joined
Nov 25, 2018
Threads
53
Messages
1,424
Reaction score
3,651
Location
N. Central Iowa
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ranger traded for 24 F-150 XL RCSB 4x4 5.0 :-P
Occupation
Retired USAF MSgt
Vehicle Showcase
1
Not a gun but still plenty dangerous.

IMG_4582.webp


Want to guess what it is?

It's a High powered blue laser.

I have a green laser pointer and I thought this might be a little stronger.

It's not.

It's a LOT stronger. Too strong actually.

I bought it to reach those Joro spiders that are way up in the corners of the roof.

This will reach them, but this thing is so dangerous I'm returning it.

IMG_4578.webp


The beam will burn through paper pretty much instantly and will burn wood.

See the block of wood in the pic below, the top Z is about 1 second of passing the beam across it.

The lower Z I let it linger slightly and that took about 4 seconds.

Just to the right of the lower Z is a hole where I let it stay in one spot for about 1 second. It started digging a hole through. Wood starts smoking instantly when the beam hits it.

IMG_4583.webp


If this beam accidentally swept across your skin I think it would blister instantly.

Of course it would instantly blind anyone if it hit their eyes.

It came with safety glasses in case of reflection, but that doesn't protect anybody else.

Very neat, like my own lightsaber, but just a bit too dangerous for me.
And why isn't this posted in the Flock camera thread ??!!?? 😏 😛
 


Dr. Zaius

Well-Known Member
First Name
Dennis
Joined
Dec 20, 2019
Threads
82
Messages
7,114
Reaction score
43,520
Location
Living The Dream
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4
Cuz it's blue not green. Need green to melt cameras.
Not so sure it has to be green.

From someone with experience...

Be very careful with this thing within 1,000 feet of your digital camera gear. Apparently it will instantly destroy a CCD if the beam strikes the lens. Even at longer distances, the beam can harm the sensor.

You've been warned.
 

Superspirit

Well-Known Member
First Name
Joe
Joined
Jun 18, 2022
Threads
12
Messages
968
Reaction score
2,005
Location
earth
Vehicle(s)
22 ranger
While I really enjoy the thought of destroying the big brother spy trash. I have very few years left and no desire to spend them in prison. BUT IF THE THOUGHT HELPS OTHERS!
 

Burnt Money

Well-Known Member
First Name
Andy
Joined
Jan 11, 2022
Threads
9
Messages
561
Reaction score
3,450
Location
Charleston SC
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT FX4
Occupation
Engineer
Need advice on a setup for hunting near a residential area. My biggest concern is anchoring the deer in place. I don’t want it running into someone’s yard in a neighborhood. Distance we’ll be under 50yds from a stand. Whatever I go with will be suppressed. I’m leaning towards subsonic 44 magnum with the Steinel 275gr copper load. Also looking at 458 Bushmaster and 400 legend. But afraid they might be too load even suppressed. Don’t want to disturb anyone living close. What are yalls thoughts?
 
  • Like
Reactions: Doc

DocE3Gun

Well-Known Member
First Name
Dillen
Joined
May 20, 2020
Threads
9
Messages
365
Reaction score
1,093
Location
Missouri
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat Fx4
Occupation
self employed
Need advice on a setup for hunting near a residential area. My biggest concern is anchoring the deer in place. I don’t want it running into someone’s yard in a neighborhood. Distance we’ll be under 50yds from a stand. Whatever I go with will be suppressed. I’m leaning towards subsonic 44 magnum with the Steinel 275gr copper load. Also looking at 458 Bushmaster and 400 legend. But afraid they might be too load even suppressed. Don’t want to disturb anyone living close. What are yalls thoughts?
At that distance, any soft point rifle bullet will perform well enough. Energy is bullet weight x velocity…..so you can go with a lighter bullet at high velocity, a heavier bullet at lower velocity, or something in the middle. Do some math on the options you have on hand and see what the math tells you.
In MY safe, if looking at energy and bullet construction for a deer at 50 yards that I don’t want leaving the property if at all possible, I’m gonna lean towards my 45-70 lever gun with Hornady 325gr FTX at 1837fps (according to my chronograph)…giving me 2055ft-pb of energy at 50 yards.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Doc

Rinn69

Well-Known Member
First Name
Mike
Joined
Nov 25, 2018
Threads
53
Messages
1,424
Reaction score
3,651
Location
N. Central Iowa
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ranger traded for 24 F-150 XL RCSB 4x4 5.0 :-P
Occupation
Retired USAF MSgt
Vehicle Showcase
1
Whatever you decide to go with, I'd definitely shoot for the high shoulder for a quick put-down. Make sure your bullet choice is specifically designed for low velocity expansion as some copper bullets don't perform as well as lead.
 

Buckbull

Well-Known Member
First Name
John
Joined
Nov 9, 2023
Threads
8
Messages
358
Reaction score
1,457
Location
Illinois
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
Software Architect
Can you use a crossbow instead of rifle?

The guys around me use body bags of all things to recover deer in urban settings.

I've switched all my rifles to copper bullets so have some experience. If you go subsonic I'd make sure that bullet expands.
Sponsored

 
 








Top