First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
I heard something about white house and gun control something signed... anyone know what it was so i dont have to suffer through the media shenanigans ?
Doesn't look like anything major was taken away from us. Some stuff was long overdue to be added back like the funding for mental health issues and while I hate giving anything up I do agree with the expansion of background checks into buyers under 21 years of age. What I don't like are these Red Flag Laws as they can become a slippery slope when en ex is mad at you and then it's a "He said She said" argument while you're guns are taken away.

It's kind of long to post it all but it's all laid out here.

https://news.yahoo.com/whats-in-the-senates-new-gun-control-bill-184238529.html?fr=sycsrp_catchall

9zero1790

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 super crew fx4 sport
Occupation
air breather
Doesn't look like anything major was taken away from us. Some stuff was long overdue to be added back like the funding for mental health issues and while I hate giving anything up I do agree with the expansion of background checks into buyers under 21 years of age. What I don't like are these Red Flag Laws as they can become a slippery slope when en ex is mad at you and then it's a "He said She said" argument while you're guns are taken away.

It's kind of long to post it all but it's all laid out here.

https://news.yahoo.com/whats-in-the-senates-new-gun-control-bill-184238529.html?fr=sycsrp_catchall
thank you !

Langwilliams

First Name
Langley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT, 2014 Harley Street Glide
Occupation
Mail Carrier (retired) Navy Vet
There should have been a clause in the red flag laws making it a crime to falsely report someone an paying someone's legal fees if they prove false reporting including from gov agencies.

Bob902

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT
Occupation
RETIRED!!!!
The red flag stuff is the only that concerns me. Although there is nothing in the entire bill that will actually reduce crime.

D Fresh

Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Lariat FX4, '17 FiST, '16 CX-5, '95 YJ
Occupation
Milkman
There should have been a clause in the red flag laws making it a crime to falsely report someone an paying someone's legal fees if they prove false reporting including from gov agencies.
The red flag stuff is the only that concerns me. Although there is nothing in the entire bill that will actually reduce crime.
The hippies here in Colorado passed a Red Flag law a while ago. I had, and still have, the same concerns. However, to my knowledge it's yet to have been abused here.

That being said, I believe the new Federal law simply provides funding to encourage states to enact their own Red Flag laws. Punishments for false reporting and the like CAN be done if that's the way your state sets it up.

Overall, I'm not too upset with the changes. Not a fan of the term "common sense gun laws." But these don't seem too out of order for the world we live in.

NotBudule

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XLT
I'll ask this here since since it's kinda related , IF you couldn't carry in your Ranger for whatever reason , what would be your go to item for say a meth head at a stoplight confrontation? Good Ole whooping stick or some peppy spray ? I'm armed with nothing but me good looks at the moment but been thinking I may need more than that , as hard as that is to believe...
Not even sure what's legal anymore ... probably a stick , I'd end up spraying myself most likely...

BS67

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger XLT
Occupation
Eye Tech, 2A supporter, USMC "Doc" '89-'95
I'll ask this here since since it's kinda related , IF you couldn't carry in your Ranger for whatever reason , what would be your go to item for say a meth head at a stoplight confrontation? Good Ole whooping stick or some peppy spray ? I'm armed with nothing but me good looks at the moment but been thinking I may need more than that , as hard as that is to believe...
Not even sure what's legal anymore ...
A lighter and a can of brake clean........they'll back away!

NotBudule

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XLT
Maybe one of those heavy "flashlights" that takes about 6 D-cells , that might serve a " duel " purpose ... duel ...hahaha , cause me and tweeky be throwing down !

OP
OP
AzScorpion

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Not even sure what's legal anymore ... probably a stick , I'd end up spraying myself most likely...
I always carry pepper spray and have a can that stays in the truck too. I'm carrying almost all the time but it's hard to when I'm working so I figure that at least with the pepper spray it's better than nothing. Also another reason I like it is because if there's ever a confrontation I'd rather try and use that first (depending on the situation) then have to ever draw my weapon. I also have a retractable baton bat/ flashlight that I can bonk some tweeter with if needed. ?

NotBudule

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XLT
I always carry pepper spray and have a can that stays in the truck too. I'm carrying almost all the time but it's hard to when I'm working so I figure that at least with the pepper spray it's better than nothing. Also another reason I like it is because if there's ever a confrontation I'd rather try and use that first (depending on the situation) then have to ever draw my weapon. I also have a retractable baton bat/ flashlight that I can bonk some tweeter with if needed. ?
I've never even held any spray , I'll have to find some that's idiot proof though ...

BS67

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger XLT
Occupation
Maybe one of those heavy "flashlights" that takes about 6 D-cells , that might serve a " duel " purpose ... duel ...hahaha , cause me and tweeky be throwing down !
One of those truck tire checkers at the truck stops I've seen. Wooden with a steel tip.....that'll get their attention!

BS67

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger XLT
Occupation
I've never even held any spray , I'll have to find some that's idiot proof though ...
Standing guard at one of our gun shows.....we ordered pizza.....no red peppers........borrowed one of the officer's pepper spray and sprayed down my pizza. Hafta say it was pretty good!

NotBudule

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XLT
I do like bonking people that deserve it , not NEAR enough of that goes on...
I blame my new found fear and paranoia on my Ranger though , nobody ever eyballed me in my old truck , now though , not so sure ...