OFC Ranger

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ZR2
Vehicle Showcase
I'm picking up a 45 MOS Deltapoint Pro combo on Sunday. (mine will just have standard sights)

Glock-MOS-2.jpg

Also, I don't know how the stars aligned, but my department is finally getting rid of our Gen 4 22's and 27's in 3 months. An Atlanta area store rep came around and they are paying us $350 for every 22 and 27 we trade in. This is an absurdly great deal. We are going to end up paying next to nothing out of pocket to re-outfit everyone from road patrol and CID with a 45 with Ameriglo Bold sights (primary) and 43x with standard night sights (backup).

It goes without saying, but the Gen 4's are absolute dog-shit. Gen 5's go back to Gen 3 era mechanics.

They are also going to trade out all our .40 ammo for 9mm box for box.

@Glocker

Last edited:

Glocker

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4, 2014 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
I'm picking up a 45 MOS Deltapoint Pro combo on Sunday. (mine will just have standard sights)

Glock-MOS-2.jpg

Also, I don't know how the stars aligned, but my department is finally getting rid of our Gen 4 22's and 27's in 3 months. An Atlanta area store rep came around and they are paying us $350 for every 22 and 27 we trade in. This is an absurdly great deal. We are going to end up paying next to nothing out of pocket to re-outfit everyone from road patrol and CID with a 45 with Ameriglo Bold sights (primary) and 43x with standard night sights (backup).

It goes without saying, but the Gen 4's are absolute dog-shit. Gen 5's go back to Gen 3 era mechanics.

They are also going to trade out all our .40 ammo for 9mm box for box.

@Glocker
We started transitioning our "fleet" from the G22 to G17 about halfway through Gen 4. We still have a few holdouts that don't want to give up there old .40s and a few people who just haven't had the opportunity to get traded out yet. Unfortunately, because the number of people we have we couldn't swap everyone over at once. I was very fortunate to go from G35 to G34MOS pretty early in Gen 4.

I really like the G45! It's a nice handling firearm! I wouldn't mind getting one one day.

OFC Ranger

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ZR2
Vehicle Showcase
Well I drove up to AmChar in McDonough, GA from my AO (250 mile round trip) to pick up my gun. I get there at 10:10AM and I am beholden a massive complex looking fortress of a gun store / distributor warehouse and I am greeting by a locked perimeter security gate. I found the reps card that had visited my department and called him up;

Me: Hey Bob (we'll call him Bob) - you said this place opens at 10AM right?

Bob: Yea

Me: Someone running late? Place is a ghost town and gate is locked

Bob: Hmm, maybe they open at 11AM on Sunday. Let me make a call.

Strike one. Waiting 50 minutes isn't the worse thing in the world, but its still strike one.

5 minutes later phone rings

Me: So whats up?

Bob: Yea I am sorry they don't open till 12 noon on Sunday.

If Bob could have seen my face it probably had the "eat shit you asshole" look on it.

Me: 12? I'm not waiting here 2 hours.

Bob: Yea. Sorry about that. (imagine the manger from the original Office Space movie, the TPS reports guy mmmmm yeaaa guy) Strike two.

I let an awkward silence fall to give Bob a chance to reply one of two ways:

1. My error broskie, we will mail it to your FFL at no charge Monday. (shipping fee, not the gun cost)
2. Standby, I'll get someone enroute to square you away.

Once I realize Bob is not getting a clue I advise him to put the gun up they put on hold for me and told him I'm dusting the AO. Bobs reply? "Yea, again, sorry about that". Strike three.

Me: Well ok then.

Click.

Now some may be like, "2 hours? I would have waited." However you have to understand a very big red button for me is wasting my time. Sometimes I work so much overtime I literally get one day off in a week. Second red button is wasting my money. I can waste my own money all I want. Sometimes I buy some cheesy ass gizmos off Amazon cause whatever, it looks cheesy so whats not to like about it.

You however are not allowed to waste my money.

Also, time is money, so you just wasted double my money from time and gas.

Now in the grand scheme of things does my single blue label sale effect their bottom dollar? Hell no. That is my line in the sand though. I can however tell you in future inquires from other people from other departments about inventory upgrades will get a firm opinion of "Anyone but AmChar, f*** them".

Ok Im done.

LoneRNGR

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT
Occupation
Systems Engineer
We started transitioning our "fleet" from the G22 to G17 about halfway through Gen 4. We still have a few holdouts that don't want to give up there old .40s and a few people who just haven't had the opportunity to get traded out yet. Unfortunately, because the number of people we have we couldn't swap everyone over at once. I was very fortunate to go from G35 to G34MOS pretty early in Gen 4.
A couple of years ago I bought a LE trade-in Glock 22 Gen 4 for $299. It was in "like-new" condition and I enjoy the caliber, even if so many people hate it. Good thing is that, because it was so pervasive as a law enforcement duty weapon, ammunition will always be available for it at a reasonable price, even if there are ammo shortages.

Glocker

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4, 2014 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Well I drove up to AmChar in McDonough, GA from my AO (250 mile round trip) to pick up my gun. I get there at 10:10AM and I am beholden a massive complex looking fortress of a gun store / distributor warehouse and I am greeting by a locked perimeter security gate. I found the reps card that had visited my department and called him up;

Me: Hey Bob (we'll call him Bob) - you said this place opens at 10AM right?

Bob: Yea

Me: Someone running late? Place is a ghost town and gate is locked

Bob: Hmm, maybe they open at 11AM on Sunday. Let me make a call.

Strike one. Waiting 50 minutes isn't the worse thing in the world, but its still strike one.

5 minutes later phone rings

Me: So whats up?

Bob: Yea I am sorry they don't open till 12 noon on Sunday.

If Bob could have seen my face it probably had the "eat shit you asshole" look on it.

Me: 12? I'm not waiting here 2 hours.

Bob: Yea. Sorry about that. (imagine the manger from the original Office Space movie, the TPS reports guy mmmmm yeaaa guy) Strike two.

I let an awkward silence fall to give Bob a chance to reply one of two ways:

1. My error broskie, we will mail it to your FFL at no charge Monday. (shipping fee, not the gun cost)
2. Standby, I'll get someone enroute to square you away.

Once I realize Bob is not getting a clue I advise him to put the gun up they put on hold for me and told him I'm dusting the AO. Bobs reply? "Yea, again, sorry about that". Strike three.

Me: Well ok then.

Click.

Now some may be like, "2 hours? I would have waited." However you have to understand a very big red button for me is wasting my time. Sometimes I work so much overtime I literally get one day off in a week. Second red button is wasting my money. I can waste my own money all I want. Sometimes I buy some cheesy ass gizmos off Amazon cause whatever, it looks cheesy so whats not to like about it.

You however are not allowed to waste my money.

Also, time is money, so you just wasted double my money from time and gas.

Now in the grand scheme of things does my single blue label sale effect their bottom dollar? Hell no. That is my line in the sand though. I can however tell you in future inquires from other people from other departments about inventory upgrades will get a firm opinion of "Anyone but AmChar, f*** them".

Ok Im done.
AMCHAR F___ING SUCKS! We ordered a bunch of MRO red dots from them for our division's Daniel Defense shorties. It took MONTHS to get them and a handful of other items we ordered in. I'm talking 6 to 8 months. RIDICULOUS! They kept telling us that everything Trijicon was backordered because of the gun buying craze, yet we were able to see them on the shelf of local gun stores and on Amazon. We probably will never do business with them again.

Secousse

First Name
Secousse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lariat Tremor
Am I doing this right? ?

Glock e-tool & knife.jpg

By the way, this is a unique e-tool pouch - one of its kind - bought a cheap velcro patch on eBay, removed the velcro and glued + sowed that on ?

Last edited:
OP
OP
AzScorpion

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
I'm surprised this wasn't passed a long time ago. It's Texas!

https://www.ammoland.com/2021/06/go...-carry-bill-becomes-21st-state/#axzz6yEkUFg8D

Governor Abbott Signs Constitutional Carry Bill, Becomes 21st State

The Texas law removes the requirement for people 21 years old and above to have a permit to carry loaded modern handguns in most public places. Other than during Reconstruction, Texas had never required a permit for the carry of long guns; Texas lost the right to bear handguns in the Constitution of 1876.

The restoration of Constitutional Carry will not go into effect until 1 September 2021.
Texas is the 20th state to restore Constitutional Carry. Each of those states has retained there shall issue permit system. Vermont has always had Constitutional Carry.

There are now 21 states which have Constitutional Carry. The 21 states are:
  • Alaska
  • Arizona
  • Arkansas
  • Idaho
  • Iowa
  • Kansas
  • Kentucky
  • Maine
  • Mississippi
  • Missouri
  • Montana
  • New Hampshire
  • North Dakota
  • Oklahoma
  • South Dakota
  • Tennessee
  • Texas
  • Utah
  • Vermont
  • West Virginia
  • Wyoming

Reactions: Doc

DocE3Gun

First Name
Dillen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat Fx4
Occupation
self employed
OP
OP
AzScorpion

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Knowing a few people in the industry, I’d say they’re right for the most part. Primers and ammo are starting to come down, bullets are relatively available if you’re patient, but powder remains hard to find.
I set up alerts on Targetsportsusa.com just to see what they get and how much. Last week they actually had some Sellier & Bellot 9mm 115grn for $410.00/case which isn't bad considering. I use to get it for $180.00 and have seen it as high as $600.00.

Last edited:
OP
OP
AzScorpion

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Here's a good video comparing Ar-9's and PCC's. I wanted to get the B&T but I cant justify shelling out $2,500.00 right now for one. After watching this I'm glad I didn't as it doesn't really look like it's anything special but just a little more compact that the CZ Scorpion.

BTW his assessment of the Scorpion is spot on. I love mine and it's probably my favorite PCC but out of the box it sucks! One thing he forgot to mention is the trigger is absolute garbage. I had to take it all apart and polish it and file off some rough edges and now it's smooth and about 4 lbs.

Reactions: Doc

FoD

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 Chrome Iconic Silver
Occupation
COO of Dave's DeeZee Enterprising
Vehicle Showcase
I'm surprised this wasn't passed a long time ago. It's Texas!

https://www.ammoland.com/2021/06/go...-carry-bill-becomes-21st-state/#axzz6yEkUFg8D

Governor Abbott Signs Constitutional Carry Bill, Becomes 21st State
In CA the Gov gave everybody $1100 stimulus checks (income based, not for regular mid class or above) and free pre-K to ALL kids regardless of income and .... is getting legislation passed to tax ammo purchases again after buying a permit to buy ammo after having a background check, which you pay for of course. Oh yeah, did I mention the free ...?

Oh yeah, recall worried yet?:crackup:

OP
OP
AzScorpion

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
In CA the Gov gave everybody $1100 stimulus checks (income based, not for regular mid class or above) and free pre-K to ALL kids regardless of income and .... is getting legislation passed to tax ammo purchases again after buying a permit to buy ammo after having a background check, which you pay for of course. Oh yeah, did I mention the free ...?

Oh yeah, recall worried yet?:crackup:
I know some areas are really nice there and the weather too but I honestly could never live in that state! Dont even get me started on the recall! NewScum should've been out of there by now with those 2 Million + signatures.