Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.qrz.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT 4X4 SOLD - Now 2023 TRD Offroad
Occupation
Program Manager
Looking closely at the Sub2000 with S&W Magwell.

OP
OP
AzScorpion

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee

gov cheese

First Name
j
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 ranger xlt super cab
Specifically for the Ranger.....
What is a good rifle / carbine / PCC / folder option that fits either behind the rear seat or under the driver seat. I'm looking for small and compact but bigger than a pistol. Must hide COMPLETELY out of sight as I have Coworkers in the vehicle at times and they are 2A Sensitive. I don't want to have to explain how Arizona gun laws protect me to the HR Types of Peoples who live in a land protected from reality by magical rainbow colored unicorn farts that smell like lilacs and rosemary and have the smooth texture of artesinal goats milk hand soap.

https://www.ruger.com/products/pcCharger/models.html

SubVet

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat - 2020 Honda Ridgeline RTL-E
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Wish Gun accessories

Found these at Wish.com The
Tactical Combo Vertical Foregrip Strobe Flashlight & Red / Green Laser Sight Fit Picatinny 20mmRails $27 I bought two and the quality is very good. I believe its the same import of this item. Great reviews. AND shipped from the US

Please don't "educate" me on shopping WISH.com and ALIExpress, I buy the best price especially if its the SAME exact item sold in the us for 2X more. If US prices were good I would buy here but 60% profit is not something I am willing to pay. It's a global economy and I will take full advantage of that when possible

US version (Made in China) https://www.amazon.com/Junchi-Exter...cal+foregrip+with+light&qid=1593956634&sr=8-4

Tactical_Combo_Vertical_Foregrip_Strobe_Flashlight_Red_Green_Laser_Sight_Fit_Picatinny_20mmRai...jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
AzScorpion

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Wish Gun accessories

Found these at Wish.com The
Tactical Combo Vertical Foregrip Strobe Flashlight & Red / Green Laser Sight Fit Picatinny 20mmRails $27 I bought two and the quality is very good. I believe its the same import of this item. Great reviews. AND shipped from the US

Please don't "educate" me on shopping WISH.com and ALIExpress, I buy the best price especially if its the SAME exact item sold in the us for 2X more. If US prices were good I would buy here but 60% profit is not something I am willing to pay. It's a global economy and I will take full advantage of that when possible

US version (Made in China) https://www.amazon.com/Junchi-Exter...cal+foregrip+with+light&qid=1593956634&sr=8-4

Tactical_Combo_Vertical_Foregrip_Strobe_Flashlight_Red_Green_Laser_Sight_Fit_Picatinny_20mmRai...jpg
99% of the time I shoot my AR's I'm shooting from a bench so a fore grip gets in the way. Even a 30 round mag will sometimes be to long and rub on the bench so I have a 10 rounder for when I'm doing more precise shots. When I'm not bench shooting I use my AR pistols and I have an angled fore grip on those because to have a vertical one it needs to be a SBR and then that's another tax stamp. My home defense is my CZ Scorpion which I have a light with a pressure switch. I like it because it's rechargeable and I just recharge it every month along with my other rechargeable flashlights. You can just take it off the Pic mount and also use it as a regular flashlight if needed.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07SRPNR1S/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

No lecture and I use to do the same BEFORE this damn virus hit us. I still believe this was done intensional and I will avoid buying anything I can from China! It's tough as some things are only available from there but I look to buy from the USA as much as possible. With that said I had a problem with a return a few years ago from Wish so that's why I won't use them. It might have been a one time issue but it was still a PITA trying to deal with them.

It looks like the green laser is $1.00 more buying from Wish once you add in the shipping. ;) It's $49.00 + $12.00 shipping and the Amazon one is $59.99 but regardless they're both coming from China and they look identical. Amazon is just so much easier to return stuff if you don't like it or there's a problem so sometimes for a few extra bucks it's worth it.:)

OP
OP
AzScorpion

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
@Snorebaby ...Doug here's another budget build kit for a really good price,$384.99/free shipping using code GUNSNGEAR at checkout. The reviews are very good with only a few complaints mostly cosmetic though,a few sharp edges,some light scratches and spots of missing blueing. Those look to be a bad batch from about 2-3 months ago as the most recent reviews are all good ones. Take not that this is a Key-Mod rail NOT M-Lok but they do have Pic rail adapters.

https://www.sportsmansguide.com/pro...Link&cjevent=aa203f12bf9011ea811d02010a1c0e12

https://gun.deals/product/cbc-ar-15...16-barrel-no-stripped-lower-or-magazine-35099

Ace Holliday

First Name
Scott K
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Super Crew
Occupation
Aerospace Machinist/CNC Programmer - Retired
Found this on fleaBay. Since there are several Rugers in my collection it’s only right.

9625AECE-C669-4FCD-89CB-B929F5FD1E78.jpeg

SubVet

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat - 2020 Honda Ridgeline RTL-E
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
99% of the time I shoot my AR's I'm shooting from a bench so a fore grip gets in the way. Even a 30 round mag will sometimes be to long and rub on the bench so I have a 10 rounder for when I'm doing more precise shots. When I'm not bench shooting I use my AR pistols and I have an angled fore grip on those because to have a vertical one it needs to be a SBR and then that's another tax stamp. My home defense is my CZ Scorpion which I have a light with a pressure switch. I like it because it's rechargeable and I just recharge it every month along with my other rechargeable flashlights. You can just take it off the Pic mount and also use it as a regular flashlight if needed.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07SRPNR1S/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

No lecture and I use to do the same BEFORE this damn virus hit us. I still believe this was done intensional and I will avoid buying anything I can from China! It's tough as some things are only available from there but I look to buy from the USA as much as possible. With that said I had a problem with a return a few years ago from Wish so that's why I won't use them. It might have been a one time issue but it was still a PITA trying to deal with them.

It looks like the green laser is $1.00 more buying from Wish once you add in the shipping. ;) It's $49.00 + $12.00 shipping and the Amazon one is $59.99 but regardless they're both coming from China and they look identical. Amazon is just so much easier to return stuff if you don't like it or there's a problem so sometimes for a few extra bucks it's worth it.:)
Whether I buy it from China or from the US it still made in China. If I would have checked that out on Amazon out of order from them but I feel about Amazon would I feel about China.

Yeah I'm less likely to buy anything from China today. I would have bought the one in Amazon if I had seen it. Years back I used to buy everything I could from AliExpress and DH gate. Nowadays I don't look hard on those sites for anything. They take so long to ship anyway. I know going in when I buy something with China a return is not going to happen. Too much red tape that's the chance I take but I never purchased anything over $50 anyway from China. In any case it's a very strong piece. I haven't shot the AR from a bench yet. I just joined it outdoor range Club so I'll get some longer-distance use of the ARs there. I have a tripod but it's an M Lok Mount and I've got to Picatinny rail so I don't know if there's a conversion. I know you can convert an M Lok to Picatinny but I don't know if you can do the same in reverse.

joeb427

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Fort Mill/Indian Land area South Carolina
Vehicle(s)
'19 Lariat Sport and 19 Lincoln MKC Reserve
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Well, I sold a pistol to my brother and thinking of selling another one but I did pick up this house defense and range toy which should be delivered to my FFL Thurs or Friday.
Streamlight TLR-1s tactical light already ordered.

Walther PPQ M2 45ACP 12+1

Walther_PPQ-45_LS_2807076-2.png

Last edited:

Ace Holliday

First Name
Scott K
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Super Crew
Occupation
Aerospace Machinist/CNC Programmer - Retired
please share the link for this.
The link would not be much help. It was the only one on eBay. The seller just had this one. I would suggest keeping an eye out on eBay.

Snorebaby

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 SuperCrew, 1996 Ranger XLT Supercab, 2013 XLT F150 (Wife's), 1990 Honda Goldwing, 2015 Honda Goldwing
Vehicle Showcase
@Snorebaby ...Doug here's another budget build kit for a really good price,$384.99/free shipping using code GUNSNGEAR at checkout. The reviews are very good with only a few complaints mostly cosmetic though,a few sharp edges,some light scratches and spots of missing blueing. Those look to be a bad batch from about 2-3 months ago as the most recent reviews are all good ones. Take not that this is a Key-Mod rail NOT M-Lok but they do have Pic rail adapters.

https://www.sportsmansguide.com/product/index/cbc-ar-15-rifle-kit-semi-automatic-556-nato-223-rem-16-barrel-no-stripped-lower-or-magazine?a=2187388&CJ=1&cjaffilid=8292840&cjaffsite=WikiArms,+Inc&cjadv=CJTSGUSA&cjadvid=1522857&utm_source=WikiArms,+Inc&utm_medium=CJ&utm_campaign=Redirect-Enabled+Deep+Link&cjevent=aa203f12bf9011ea811d02010a1c0e12

https://gun.deals/product/cbc-ar-15...16-barrel-no-stripped-lower-or-magazine-35099
Thanks for the heads up. I am still looking for another geed build. I think I am going to do a pistol or maybe do a dedicated .22lr.

I have a .22lr conversion on hand, the lower build kit on hand, the stripped lower will be at the FFL on Saturday and still waiting on the upper build kit to be shipped. Getting excited as the 4 mags I ordered will be here today.

Got a couple other things to order as far as tools, This and This

A friend from work is gonna loan me This