First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Watch out for sportsmans guide and their shipping. I had ordered some 9mm in late april and it hasnt shipped yet. The price was right so i havent cared enough to cancel it and reorder.
I kind of figured these dates are just guestamates. As long as they honor the price and don't charge your card it's like getting a present out of the blue. :giggle:

OP
OP
AzScorpion

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee

Snorebaby

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 SuperCrew, 1996 Ranger XLT Supercab, 2013 XLT F150 (Wife's), 1990 Honda Goldwing, 2015 Honda Goldwing
Vehicle Showcase
Here's a very good deal on a Radical Firearms complete AR 15. For $500.00 in todays market anyone looking for a good budget AR you can't go wrong with this.

https://www.primaryarms.com/radical...tm_campaign=152894&utm_content=product-review
DAMN Dave!! Now you show me this. Everyone that was complete that I have seen up until now has been 599+. That's ok, I am $553 complete with all fees, shipping and taxes included. It's just a labor of love to assemble it.

I just looked it up and put it in my cart, it would be after shipping, GA taxes and FFL fees $577. Under $600 all said and done is a real good deal for someone not wanting to put one together.

OP
OP
AzScorpion

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
DAMN Dave!! Now you show me this. Everyone that was complete that I have seen up until now has been 599+. That's ok, I am $553 complete with all fees, shipping and taxes included. It's just a labor of love to assemble it.

I just looked it up and put it in my cart, it would be after shipping, GA taxes and FFL fees $577. Under $600 all said and done is a real good deal for someone not wanting to put one together.
It's much more fun assembling them yourself and your kit is better quality than this one. Not that Radical is bad but it is a good budget AR where your's is a step above.

Still there are some out there who don't want to or don't know how to assemble these and I figured I'd throw it out there in case there are some lookers who just want something on hand now. I wouldn't hesitate to buy this one but I would recheck/retighten everything because they've been know to have some (not a lot) of QC issues over the years. It's still a very good price and AR for what's going on right now. The comments I've seen lately have been more positive so maybe their bad QC is behind them now.

Snorebaby

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 SuperCrew, 1996 Ranger XLT Supercab, 2013 XLT F150 (Wife's), 1990 Honda Goldwing, 2015 Honda Goldwing
Vehicle Showcase
If I hadn't built this one, I would purchase the Radical. It is still a great price for an AR 15.

I ordered 4 Magpul Gen 2 mages from here for $10.99/ea. Thought that was a good price and shipping was only $7.24 and no tax.

Snorebaby

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
The wife was complaining to me about the cost of .223 ammo. She said why not make it so we can use cheaper ammo. She was thinking AR9 build since we have 2k 9mm and they are cheaper than .223. I have been looking at the .22LR conversion or just get a M&P 15-22. I can get a CMMG conversion for about $180 shipped. I think that is the way I am going. Any pro's/cons experiences on the conversion? Do I need the conversion charging handle also? Thanks for all advice.

GTGallop

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.qrz.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT 4X4 SOLD - Now 2023 TRD Offroad
Occupation
Program Manager
Specifically for the Ranger.....
What is a good rifle / carbine / PCC / folder option that fits either behind the rear seat or under the driver seat. I'm looking for small and compact but bigger than a pistol. Must hide COMPLETELY out of sight as I have Coworkers in the vehicle at times and they are 2A Sensitive. I don't want to have to explain how Arizona gun laws protect me to the HR Types of Peoples who live in a land protected from reality by magical rainbow colored unicorn farts that smell like lilacs and rosemary and have the smooth texture of artesinal goats milk hand soap.

OP
OP
AzScorpion

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
The wife was complaining to me about the cost of .223 ammo. She said why not make it so we can use cheaper ammo. She was thinking AR9 build since we have 2k 9mm and they are cheaper than .223. I have been looking at the .22LR conversion or just get a M&P 15-22. I can get a CMMG conversion for about $180 shipped. I think that is the way I am going. Any pro's/cons experiences on the conversion? Do I need the conversion charging handle also? Thanks for all advice.
Just make sure you're getting the one that comes with 3/25 round mags as most only come with 1 mag. You can get it here for $160.00 + shipping.

I was going to buy this a few years ago but they had the M&P 15-22 on sale for Black Friday for $300.00 shipped and it came with a red dot and rifle bag.

These are great conversion kits but a couple things to be aware of from what I've read. Some say the mags are hard to load past 20 rounds but I'm sure it'll break in after a few uses. Another was the mags fit lose inside the AR magwell so if you're bench shooting don't rest the mag against the bench or you can get FTE's. Lastly 22's are very dirty so make sure you clean your AR more often and it's also not a bad idea to run some .223 through it after every 300-500 rounds. I've read that the gas port can get fowled up with the 22's after heavy usage and the .223 pressure will blow the following out. Nothing that would stop me from buying this kit if I already didn't have a dedicated AR 15-22.

Last edited:

Snorebaby

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Just make sure you're getting the one that comes with 3/25 round mags as most only come with 1 mag. You can get it here for $160.00 + shipping.

I was going to buy this a few years ago but they had the M&P 15-22 on sale for Black Friday for $300.00 shipped and it came with a red dot and rifle bag.

These are great conversion kits but a couple things to be aware of from what I've read. Some say the mags are hard to load past 20 rounds but I;m sure it'll break in after a few uses. Another was the mags fit lose inside the AR magwell so if you're bench shooting don't rest the mag against the bench or you can get FTE's. Lastly 22's are very dirty so make sure you clean your AR more often and it's also not a bad idea to run some .223 through it after every 300-500 rounds. I've read that the gas port can get fowled up with the 22's after heavy usage and the .223 pressure will blow the following out. Nothing that would stop me from buying this kit if I already didn't have a dedicated AR 15-22.
Thanks Dave.

I quoted the Primary Arms price to the house. Midway has it 10 bucks cheaper but they only have one mag.

I didn't know about the fouling up of the gas port. Didn't even think about it. I know .22's are dirtier than most rounds. I guess I would finish off the day with a mag or 2 of .223. It would be a great tool to have to help teach my wife the AR platform and use inexpensive (by comparison) ammo.

OP
OP
AzScorpion

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Specifically for the Ranger.....
What is a good rifle / carbine / PCC / folder option that fits either behind the rear seat or under the driver seat. I'm looking for small and compact but bigger than a pistol. Must hide COMPLETELY out of sight as I have Coworkers in the vehicle at times and they are 2A Sensitive. I don't want to have to explain how Arizona gun laws protect me to the HR Types of Peoples who live in a land protected from reality by magical rainbow colored unicorn farts that smell like lilacs and rosemary and have the smooth texture of artesinal goats milk hand soap.
I'd make them walk. lol But if you must have something to protect the snowflakes my CZ Scorpion has a folding SB Tactical brace that makes it compact enough to fit perfectly on the floor behind your seat. You can get 35 round mags for these and they also have 20 and 10 rounders too. You can see that folded it's only 16" minus the suppressor and is super accurate!

Here's a post from a week ago where I listed a few places that had them in stock. Keep an eye on the Gun.deals link as they pop up and are gone almost instantly.

https://www.ranger5g.com/forum/threads/gun-related-pictures-and-chat.5918/post-143008

IMG_2467.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
AzScorpion

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Thanks Dave.

I quoted the Primary Arms price to the house. Midway has it 10 bucks cheaper but they only have one mag.

I didn't know about the fouling up of the gas port. Didn't even think about it. I know .22's are dirtier than most rounds. I guess I would finish off the day with a mag or 2 of .223. It would be a great tool to have to help teach my wife the AR platform and use inexpensive (by comparison) ammo.
Unless you're putting a lot of 22's through it in one trip you should be fine with running the .223 through it every other trip. But it's also a good excuse to shoot the .223 more. :D It's definitely worth the extra $10.00 for 2 more mags. just so you're not constantly reloading one mag.

Snorebaby

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Unless you're putting a lot of 22's through it in one trip you should be fine with running the .223 through it every other trip. But it's also a good excuse to shoot the .223 more. :D It's definitely worth the extra $10.00 for 2 more mags. just so you're not constantly reloading one mag.
Probably will put 300ish rounds per trip of .22. 3 mags = 75 rounds (x 3 or 4 reloads). Then put 60 rounds of .223 at the end. I will probably clean it after each trip.

The wife wants to change the P938 to .22 when we go to the range (we have the kit). She wants to practice her technique that she was using with the LaserHit but doesn't want alot of recoil at first. After a few mags, she said she will get on her G43 to practice with recoil.

I figure if she shoots the 15 as a .22, she will be less likely to shy away from it when loaded with .223.

Snorebaby

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Got it ordered....$180.18 to the house. Not bad to have 2 guns in one. Easy drop in to change calibers. Solves the cheaper ammo issue. I actually think the wife will love it and I will "lose" that rifle. ?

EDIT:
If she likes the AR in .22, I would probably get the M&P 15-22 for her at some point. Then I could build her a .223/5.56 at a later date.

Last edited:
OP
OP
AzScorpion

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Got it ordered....$180.18 to the house. Not bad to have 2 guns in one. Easy drop in to change calibers. Solves the cheaper ammo issue. I actually think the wife will love it and I will "lose" that rifle. ?

EDIT:
If she likes the AR in .22, I would probably get the M&P 15-22 for her at some point. Then I could build her a .223/5.56 at a later date.
I'd just give her that one and it'll give you a good excuse to build another one. ?