OFC Ranger

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ZR2
Vehicle Showcase
So I attended the GPSTC 2-day pistol optics course. By far one of the most enjoyable classes to date, but it was probably due un-normal circumstances, which in turn should get them to re-think class sizes.

This is a brand new course offered by one of GA's largest LE training facilities. This was the first class. 5 people showed up. Generally GPSTC will cancel if under 12 sign up for a class. However they know word of mouth will have to build up to get attendance up.

Due to low class size (2 instructors for 5 people is unheard of) it was very laid back, very hands on. Practically no downtime because a handful of idiots out of a 24 person class have weapon malfunctions, can't follow instructions, or just hold up the firing line for any number of stupid reasons. No "relays" (one group is live fire, while a second group stands by) due to instructor/student raitos. We could resurface targets after minimal use because of low student count. We ran all kinds of interesting drills I've never personally done before, some that were 50 rounds in length.

We burned through a metric shit-ton of ammo quick. By the end of the first day, I had a couple of random blisters (this is more of a glock problem), was drenched in sweat, and actually got to the point of, "Ok - I don't want to shoot anymore today". My hands were building up a steady layer of burnt powder.

I've been to 20+ student classes and often left feeling it could have been so much better. Half the time is standing around while other people do shit waiting for a turn. I believe while less training time overall through the year may be accomplished with 10 or less student classes, the training will matter more, be more beneficial to the students, and overall bring the impression and evaluations of the facility and its staff up. This basically boils down to the age old quality not quantity argument.

Now my dirty little secret. I ran my LWD 3.5 disco and LWD LW firing pin spring. I had zero failures due to the gun. We did have some ammo failures, but it was due to out of spec cartridges. We were using that Federal Synthtec or whatever orange tip training ammo.

Ammo is still bad, even for government operations. They say they normally never use this stuff, but where as they use to keep 100k 9mm in reserve, they are lucky to keep 5k in reserve now. They burn through the stuff as quickly as it comes in for all their classes.

Anyhow, great class, recommend it for those of you in LE that are in Georgia.

@Glocker

Glocker

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4, 2014 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
So I attended the GPSTC 2-day pistol optics course. By far one of the most enjoyable classes to date, but it was probably due un-normal circumstances, which in turn should get them to re-think class sizes.

Anyhow, great class, recommend it for those of you in LE that are in Georgia.

@Glocker
Sounds like it was a good time! We've got another RDS class coming up here in September. We're only offering it to personnel that purchase their own pistol and holster, with-in our described specs, and have approval through their supervision and get a final bless-off from our division.

UGHHHHHHH!!! I am not looking forward to staying at GPSTC for two weeks starting this coming Sunday evening. I'm attending Driver Instructor, and while I'm looking forward to the class, I'm not looking forward to GPSTC. Two weeks of staying in the dorms. BLAH!!!!!

OFC Ranger

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ZR2
Vehicle Showcase
Sounds like it was a good time! We've got another RDS class coming up here in September. We're only offering it to personnel that purchase their own pistol and holster, with-in our described specs, and have approval through their supervision and get a final bless-off from our division.

UGHHHHHHH!!! I am not looking forward to staying at GPSTC for two weeks starting this coming Sunday evening. I'm attending Driver Instructor, and while I'm looking forward to the class, I'm not looking forward to GPSTC. Two weeks of staying in the dorms. BLAH!!!!!
Does your agency at least give you the upgraded quarters? I won't stay at that crap. I've had week long classes and I'll drive home every day the 3 hour round trip.

Glocker

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4, 2014 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Does your agency at least give you the upgraded quarters? I won't stay at that crap. I've had week long classes and I'll drive home every day the 3 hour round trip.
No upgraded rooms. I'm actually springing for that on my own dime. On a good day, it would be a 3 hour round trip drive. On most days it can be a 4 to 5 hour round trip drive. I'm not looking forward to two weeks of staying there and eating at the cafeteria.

DocE3Gun

First Name
Dillen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat Fx4
Occupation
self employed
more nonsense......https://www.wbur.org/news/2021/08/04/mexico-sues-us-gun-makers
So...... how does a country suing another country's company work if that company does not do business in the suing country? <---- assuming the firearms companies do not sell to Mexico of course. If they do, they are at the mercy of that country's laws/courts I would assume.

DocE3Gun

First Name
Dillen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat Fx4
Occupation
self employed
6C90DCF4-9D61-45EC-955E-0FB170DD1B8E.jpeg

7267A5DA-7A90-4219-8162-108107277E2C.jpeg

Tossed some Vortex Razor dots onto a CZ Shadow2 for Carry Optics and onto both PT Honchos for Open…..one slide ride, one frame mount.

OP
OP
AzScorpion

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
So...... how does a country suing another country's company work if that company does not do business in the suing country? <---- assuming the firearms companies do not sell to Mexico of course. If they do, they are at the mercy of that country's laws/courts I would assume.
Fast and Furious ring a bell? Yet they did nothing when the ATF sold guns ILLEGALLY which ended up killing hundreds of Mexicans. :facepalm: That whole administration should've been sued for that one!:mad:

DocE3Gun

First Name
Dillen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat Fx4
Occupation
self employed
Fast and Furious ring a bell? Yet they did nothing when the ATF sold guns ILLEGALLY which ended up killing hundreds of Mexicans. :facepalm: That whole administration should've been sued for that one!:mad:
Would that not result in a lawsuit against the Government agency, as the businesses themselves were not doing direct business with Mexico or Mexican citizens?

OP
OP
AzScorpion

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Would that not result in a lawsuit against the Government agency, as the businesses themselves were not doing direct business with Mexico or Mexican citizens?
Exactly. The ATF was behind that and if MX is now trying to sue the manufacturer (which I don't think they can) they should've sued the government back then.

OP
OP
AzScorpion

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
IF that stands we need to sue Mexico for all the people they are allowing to flee the country an cost us billions in services.
Add our own to that list at they're giving them a free pass too. But there's no sense in debating this as nothing will/can be done, it'll only get out of hand, and we'll all just get in trouble here.

Sharky

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger 2015 Ford Focus 1934 model 40
Occupation
retired
there are also guns from Russia & China in Mexico, why are they not suing those countries ?
I smell a rat ! :mad: