Duke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
Husband-Caregiver
Vehicle Showcase
Can we see some ranger specific photos? The link seems quite vague to be honest and has a ton of non ranger pictures.
They have this…

159D852A-20B6-4612-BC85-F350D85A5093.jpeg

?‍♂?‍♂
Sponsored

Zetterbeard

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 FORD RANGER XLT 4X4
Vehicle Showcase
I think there is some confusion on this thread about what you’re offering and what it will work as a plug and play. Only the Lariat trim models with integrated turn and heated features will be a swap out. XLT and lower trims you will need to run wire to the mirror connector(s) and add the pins. There is a thread on here about how to do that.
That is what I figured, was hoping Ford had wired all the mirror options from the various trim packages up into the mirror and we could tap into those.

I guess my only question now is if the BLIS is straight plug and play, since that is the only feature I would need as an XLT owner. If that is the case I may be willing to give this a shot.

Eoj

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 lariat fx4
Yeah nope. You don’t know I don’t buy. Don’t care if you’re sponsored.

OP
OP
Suma Performance

Suma Performance

First Name
Eddy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
T
They have this…

159D852A-20B6-4612-BC85-F350D85A5093.jpeg

?‍♂?‍♂
We don't have pictures (other than the prototype shown in the above post) because we only have a set prototype (blue mirrors) and the rest are still being manufactured. That's the reason we're offering the pre-order group buy.

These mirrors are new for Rangers but well-known for other car platforms.

Here is a review of Tacoma. Please disregard the turn signal feature since it isn't offered for Rangers. And you don't have to remove the mirror caps fo Rangers.

OP
OP
Suma Performance

Suma Performance

First Name
Eddy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
There seem some concerns about the fitment and quality. We guarantee 100% satisfaction or money back.

Here is a bit about our background. This is Eddy founder of Suma Performance. We are a manufacturer in Taiwan with over 20 years in the industry. In the past, we manufacture these blue mirrors for the racing/performance department of Japanese OEM companies.

The vision of Suma Performance is to deliver our performance mirrors directly to consumers like you.

Regardless of the car platforms, the process of making these performance mirrors is the same. We use the OEM side mirror to make the mold and our processes ensure the final products have the same fitment as the OEM and meet our standards.

At this point, we do not have Ranger content. That was the reason we used existing videos (other cars) to showcase what the final products will look like. And wanted to offer a pre-order group buy for early adopters.

We see the benefits that it offers such that our vision of Suma is to offer our performance side mirrors to as many car platforms as possible.

If you look us up on YouTube and various car forums (e.g. Bronco, Tacoma, 4Runner, Civic,, etc.), people are extremely satisfied with their Suma performance mirrors.

OP
OP
Suma Performance

Suma Performance

First Name
Eddy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
Suma vs OEM field of view on the same Bronco

OP
OP
Suma Performance

Suma Performance

First Name
Eddy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
Thank you for participating in this pre-order group buy!
- Today 3/15/23 is the last day
- Delivery in late April.

OP
OP
Suma Performance

Suma Performance

First Name
Eddy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
We'll have the (Basic + BLIS) and (Basic + Blue + BLIS ) in stock next week and ready to ship! Other features can be pre-orderd.

Racket

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lariat Supercrew 2WD
Occupation
Transient
The pre-order with the 10% discount didn't get as much forum attention as it should have. If the sequential turn signals were a part of it (only for higher trim models) that would have been cool but I don't see that listed.

I've got a Lariat so factory defrost and BLIS and the turn signals are there but separate. If your mirror adds them Io the mirror itself as shown in the video it's a neat extra although I don't see it as an option on the drop down.

mokupilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 DeeZee Lariat Tremor, 09 Escape Limited
Occupation
Heavy aluminum tube logistics and transportation ✈
The pre-order with the 10% discount didn't get as much forum attention as it should have.
Hmm. I might have jumped on this but never saw it. Anyone actually have these for a Ranger yet?

Racket

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lariat Supercrew 2WD
Occupation
Transient
Hmm. I might have jumped on this but never saw it. Anyone actually have these for a Ranger yet?
@Trigganometry seemed active in the March pre-sale and it's been more than the six week lead time. I haven't seen 5G specific feedback although retroactively I'd be interested even after the balky (and unresolved yet) ESP 'flash sale' on the intercooler (different sponsor and still working on it).

The current promo from Suma is 5% and while attractive there are some ambiguities about what all the conversion has and 10% off sounds... better. 😁

I just wish someone known here on the forum had some first hand experience.

Has anyone installed a 5G set?

OP
OP
Suma Performance

Suma Performance

First Name
Eddy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
The pre-order with the 10% discount didn't get as much forum attention as it should have. If the sequential turn signals were a part of it (only for higher trim models) that would have been cool but I don't see that listed.

I've got a Lariat so factory defrost and BLIS and the turn signals are there but separate. If your mirror adds them Io the mirror itself as shown in the video it's a neat extra although I don't see it as an option on the drop down.
Hi we can definitely add the turn signal feature. DM you.

DukeCanBuildit

First Name
Duke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
Husband-Caregiver
Vehicle Showcase
@Trigganometry seemed active in the March pre-sale and it's been more than the six week lead time. I haven't seen 5G specific feedback although retroactively I'd be interested even after the balky (and unresolved yet) ESP 'flash sale' on the intercooler (different sponsor and still working on it).

The current promo from Suma is 5% and while attractive there are some ambiguities about what all the conversion has and 10% off sounds... better. 😁

I just wish someone known here on the forum had some first hand experience.

Has anyone installed a 5G set?
Hang tight folks - I’ll soon be testing and reviewing a set of Suma Performance mirrors! 👍

I’m up to my eyeballs trying to sell my place and buy/close on the replacement home - Ugh! - I’ll post an install and review soon.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.