First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lariat Supercrew 2WD
Occupation
Transient
Since I need proper tow mirrors to see around the trailer I tow, these are not something I'd consider for the Ranger, but for the Mk3 Focus RS, maybe.
I suspect the width/length of the trailer/load is going to be the determining factor - much like brake controllers but for me and my occasional - short width, length and light loads mostly (think U-Haul trailers - I've used every size but no big boat, camper or horse trailers) I'm liking it.

Being able to see immediately along side and out at near following distance and when cross -traffic is disabled when plugging in the trailer harness is a perk, especially in urban areas the Ranger is suited to.

I'm reading other more serious owners towing bigger stuff having to go all-in on bigger mirrors, brake controllers and Hellwig swaybars etc. but if that was me I would've bought a different truck.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Racket

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Transient
After considering the benefits of expanded rearview mirrors I'm 99% committed. After going through many reviews and comments with my legal limit tint I'll probably skip the blue non-glare even though my middle rear view is auto dimming.

The factory heat and BLIS indicators of course - anyone who wants to add defrost is really going to have to source Lariat door harnesses or go all in on a swap.

It's the addition of the mirror turn signal that tipped it for me - with the larger viewing area the light won't interfere much with my view at the same time add a little safety for anyone who may be approaching me from behind in traffic. I just need to splice into my existing signal lights in my mirrors. For those without the factory units you may be back to sourcing a harness again unless someone can identify how to tap that. I'd like to see where the BLIS indicator would be in relationship with the turn signal.

I'm holding out to see if Suma decides to give us one more crack at a group buy. I'd like more than 5-10% off since these are a little pricey. After looking at reviews the quality is worthy of my truck.

Last edited:

gblotter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT SuperCrew 4x4
We can run another Group Bup up to 30% off if you are interested. And we can add the turn signal feature and the defroster feature. Please comment if you are interested.
Count me in for mirrors with turn signal and defroster and BLIS. Prefer not to have the blue tint, however.

Racket

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Transient
Count me in for mirrors with turn signal and defroster and BLIS. Prefer not to have the blue tint, however.
Check my (upcoming) post. Eddy is giving us one more crack at a group buy.πŸ‘πŸΌ

I'm just waiting for them to sign off in the new thread to declare it 'official.'

Last edited:

Racket

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Transient
Status
Not open for further replies.