GPS problems

Pat Herbert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 corvette and a 2019 Ranger
Anyone else having GPS problems giving wrong directions. Really far off. Very frustrating.
Sponsored

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Anyone else having GPS problems giving wrong directions. Really far off. Very frustrating.
I haven't had any problems with the GPS. I'm at different customers homes several times a week and it's always got me the right address. :)

captainron

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
Yes. Recently took a trip from TX to Kansas City. GPS took me a strange way, through a bunch of small towns instead of larger highway. Enjoyed the detour though. used Google to get back, but watched the GPS. It kept wanting me to get off the highway and go down country roads. (Maybe it just wanted to take me home to the place I belong)

Took it to the dealer when I got back. They were somehow blaming it on the Raptor screen boot for awhile, but are now just waiting on a new modem to replace.

UncleBob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat SuperCrew 2WD in Magnetic
Occupation
Retired
Yes. Recently took a trip from TX to Kansas City. GPS took me a strange way, through a bunch of small towns instead of larger highway. Enjoyed the detour though. used Google to get back, but watched the GPS. It kept wanting me to get off the highway and go down country roads. (Maybe it just wanted to take me home to the place I belong)

Took it to the dealer when I got back. They were somehow blaming it on the Raptor screen boot for awhile, but are now just waiting on a new modem to replace.
I had a similar experience the first time I used it for directions to take me some place. It wanted to take me through weird places and even wanted me to deviate through a neighborhood instead of just turning at the nest intersection. I looked at the settings and the default was to take the shortest route possible. So that route through the neighborhood was to 'save' as few dozen feet. lol

I sure changed that setting and the next trip was much better. I did notice that the 'fasted' setting wasn't always the 'best' if you actually knew where you were going and just wanted to play with it.

MINI Ranger

First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat FX4, 2014 MINI Cooper S Clubman
Occupation
ASE Master Technician, MINI Technician, Retired
Vehicle Showcase
I have had a problem with Nav being lost, but in both cases, there was the GPS letters with a red circle around them and bar thru it on the Nav screen. The problem solved itself on the next startup.
As far as shortest, fastest and best routes, I see and get to choose which route after entering the desired destination. I will have to choose one before the voice reminds me to ....whatever it says.., Ive heard it so many times, I just tune it out.

Jbroke

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat 2WD
Occupation
Sports
Tried it once, took me a route 10 minutes longer (35 minute route instead of 25) than what my iPhone suggested, haven’t used it since.

captainron

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
I had a similar experience the first time I used it for directions to take me some place. It wanted to take me through weird places and even wanted me to deviate through a neighborhood instead of just turning at the nest intersection. I looked at the settings and the default was to take the shortest route possible. So that route through the neighborhood was to 'save' as few dozen feet. lol

I sure changed that setting and the next trip was much better. I did notice that the 'fasted' setting wasn't always the 'best' if you actually knew where you were going and just wanted to play with it.
Yeah, I played with the settings. None really seemed right. Just give up and use Google, Ford; that's what Apple did.

Emma21

First Name
emma
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford
Excuse me! I want to buy a GPS for my RV but I'm confusing between Garmin RV 760 and 770. Who can give me some advices? Thanks!

slowmachine

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Jeep Wrangler, waiting for a Ranger PHEV
Excuse me! I want to buy a GPS for my RV but I'm confusing between Garmin RV 760 and 770. Who can give me some advices? Thanks!
With Garmin, I always buy the newest model available. From (somewhat reliable) memory I think that the 770 can do a self-update over WiFi, which is far less hassle than connecting it to a computer.

Emma21

First Name
emma
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford
With Garmin, I always buy the newest model available. From (somewhat reliable) memory I think that the 770 can do a self-update over WiFi, which is far less hassle than connecting it to a computer.
Thanks for you reply. I have also found some information about that in here. It is true that 770 is better than 760

SAZ Ranger

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat 2wd
Occupation
Retired
Never got me lost but doesn't understand what I'm saying worth a dam. I upgraded maps a few weeks ago and no improvement in voice recognition. I'm from Arizona which has no special accent. If they can't get it to understand better, this is my last in car map system.

NickTheEnforcer

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT Sport 4x4, 2020 Ford Escape Hybrid SE Sport AWD, 2009 Dodge Ram Big Horn Crew 4x4 HEMI
Occupation
Residential Construction Project Development & Purchasing.
Sometimes it does not 'refresh' as quick as I would like and it gets me to take a wrong turn etc. Its frustrating at times but i had a Garmin and other gps like Google maps will do the same at times. It basically our fault for not being to navigate properly anymore, we are all tech-dependent..

cyrus799

First Name
Cyrus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger 2020 Wildtrak
If you want a GPS with a cool new feature, you might want to get the 780. It is more technologically advanced than the Garmin RV 770
Sponsored