Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A 2019 Ford Ranger of course, and a 2015 Yamaha YZF-R3
Occupation
retired aerospace engineer
Vehicle Showcase
LOL - is that what they where giving as retirement gifts!
Did you ever notice when you started they had some awesome service gifts, but as you reached each milestone the cool gift was pushed to the next milestone and something lame was in its place. It was always just out of reach!
LOL. The slippers were one of their yearly Christmas bonuses where the company would give out some trinket, every year it was different. It was always somewhat amusing to see how quickly it would show up on eBay. I totally get what you're saying about service gifts, it seems as if the good stuff was always a few years off. I ended up getting a fishing pole as my last service award. My retirement gift was a wooden plaque with the different a/c on it. But I also get to hang out and collect a pension which disappeared for later hires.
Sponsored

OP
OP
P. A. Schilke

P. A. Schilke

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat 4x4, 2020 Lincoln Nautilus, 2005 Alfa Motorhome
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
LOL. The slippers were one of their yearly Christmas bonuses where the company would give out some trinket, every year it was different. It was always somewhat amusing to see how quickly it would show up on eBay. I totally get what you're saying about service gifts, it seems as if the good stuff was always a few years off. I ended up getting a fishing pole as my last service award. My retirement gift was a wooden plaque with the different a/c on it. But I also get to hang out and collect a pension which disappeared for later hires.
HI Doug,

Ford cut the program when I retired so I got nothing of note as I was on a delayed Special Early Retirement (one of only 4 people granted this delay) which bridged my Social Security payment from the time I was 53 when I retired to when I was eligible for Social Security at age 62. Worth every penny more than a gold watch...

Here is my 25 years of service gift

25 years.jpg

Belt Buckle

25 years1.jpg

Best,
Phil

FoD

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 Chrome Iconic Silver
Occupation
COO of Dave's DeeZee Enterprising
Vehicle Showcase
HI Doug,

Ford cut the program when I retired so I got nothing of note as I was on a delayed Special Early Retirement (one of only 4 people granted this delay) which bridged my Social Security payment from the time I was 53 when I retired to when I was eligible for Social Security at age 62. Worth every penny more than a gold watch...

Here is my 25 years of service gift

25 years.jpg

Belt Buckle

25 years1.jpg

Best,
Phil
Nice parting gifts, almost as good as a hardy handshake for all your work;)

But, having taken SS early at 63.5 myself, I quite agree with you on the early out.
Sponsored