Threads
Reaction score
Fort Mill/Indian Land area South Carolina
Vehicle(s)
'19 Lariat Sport and 19 Lincoln MKC Reserve
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Your boards are on backwards. The emblem is suppose to be in the rear.
Yep, I reinstalled mine months ago. Though, I removed the emblem.

Andrew

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Sport
So are these just steps or can they actually be used as sliders.

AuburnRanger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Lightning Blue Lariat FX4
I installed my RB20s backwards because they look better that way IMO. I briefly installed them correctly, then decided to see how it looked the other way. The taper looks better with the wider part in the rear, and it gives my kids more room to step on getting in the back seat. Also I ordered mine with the powder coat because every forum I read for other trucks reported that the bed liner material starts to flake after a while because it’s only one side. I intended to get them sprayed with LineX myself but I like the look of the black powder coat. It matches the bumper black plastic nicely.

OP
OP
ebFX4

ebFX4

First Name
Eber
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger FX4 - 5G
I installed my RB20s backwards because they look better that way IMO. I briefly installed them correctly, then decided to see how it looked the other way. The taper looks better with the wider part in the rear, and it gives my kids more room to step on getting in the back seat. Also I ordered mine with the powder coat because every forum I read for other trucks reported that the bed liner material starts to flake after a while because it’s only one side. I intended to get them sprayed with LineX myself but I like the look of the black powder coat. It matches the bumper black plastic nicely.
Yeah I went wiser in the back for the same reason. Also helps just a bit as a reach into the back of the bed - but mainly to help the passengers in the back.

1 year in and I dont have any flaking yet. Hope they stay that way :)

dcg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger SuperCab
Im still waiting for a Supercab version to come out..
We may be waiting a long time. I emailed Go Rhino and was told they don't have plans to make any products for the Supercab.

Gavin stevens

First Name
Gavin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat
Last edited:

shred5

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
I am going to say this I am very disappointed in the RB20 Running boards.
First off I bought them for Stage 3 Motorsports.

Well turned out they were not actually in stock and got a email asking if I wanted to wait.. Ok no issues but after several weeks I asked to have them cancelled because I had got nothing. Well they were just shipping..
No issues this was not Stage 3 fault Go Rhino must have been swamped for orders on these. Well I had to wait a pretty long time to install them because it was winter..

Well when I opened the hardware some of the brackets had Chips out of the paint. Well this is Wisconsin and that would rust in no time. I was leery of buying steel to begin with because they rust. I prefer aluminum here but Go Rhino has a great paint warranty so I thought I would give them a try and loved the look. I also thought maybe the bed liner coating would hold up better.

Go Rhino sent out a full replacement set of hardware asap and had only asked for the two pieces so bravo there.
Well some of them were chipped too when I go them.
Now I am worried their powder coating has issues.
Anyway since they had sent a full set I was able to put a decent set together.

Well looked at the actual running boards and one of those were chipped underneath too.

Honestly I love the look and Go Rhino replied fast and sent out a replacement parts fast but if you live anywhere they use salt avoid these..

AuburnRanger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Lightning Blue Lariat FX4
Are you sure? Most pics show it in the front.
They were designed to be installed with the logo in the back, but a lot of people install them “backwards“ because they look better that way. There is a taper to the boards, and if you install them logo-back, the boards taper in towards the back. It’s opposite if you install logo-front. I tried them both ways and preferred the logo in the front. It looks better with the boards flaring outwards towards the back. I also removed the logo.

dcg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger SuperCab
I am going to say this I am very disappointed in the RB20 Running boards.
First off I bought them for Stage 3 Motorsports.

Well turned out they were not actually in stock and got a email asking if I wanted to wait.. Ok no issues but after several weeks I asked to have them cancelled because I had got nothing. Well they were just shipping..
No issues this was not Stage 3 fault Go Rhino must have been swamped for orders on these. Well I had to wait a pretty long time to install them because it was winter..

Well when I opened the hardware some of the brackets had Chips out of the paint. Well this is Wisconsin and that would rust in no time. I was leery of buying steel to begin with because they rust. I prefer aluminum here but Go Rhino has a great paint warranty so I thought I would give them a try and loved the look. I also thought maybe the bed liner coating would hold up better.

Go Rhino sent out a full replacement set of hardware asap and had only asked for the two pieces so bravo there.
Well some of them were chipped too when I go them.
Now I am worried their powder coating has issues.
Anyway since they had sent a full set I was able to put a decent set together.

Well looked at the actual running boards and one of those were chipped underneath too.

Honestly I love the look and Go Rhino replied fast and sent out a replacement parts fast but if you live anywhere they use salt avoid these..
I've been following this thread as I was having a hard time decided between the RB20 and the Dominator D6. In the end, I went with the D6, and I've had a pretty similar experience. I also bought from Stage 3, but agree the issues are not on them. When I bought mine, they were back ordered, so I expected a wait.

I was provided a shipping ETA, which was missed by a few days.
Then FedEx took a detour and delivered them 4 days after THEIR estimate.
Opened them up to find a ding (through the powder coat) on one board.
Ordered replacements. Also noticed that on the D6, the interior (where the mounting brackets attach) is NOT powder coated. GoRhino says they should be zinc coated, but I sprayed with some under coating.
Second set arrived, and I had to piece together mounting hardware from both packages to get a mostly functional set. The main issue I had was the nuts welded to the interior mounting brackets weren't flush, causing the bolts to contact the brackets during insertion and making it EXTREMELY difficult to install.
I requested some replacements, and also one more of the brackets that mounts to the truck.
UPS delivery was delayed because they damaged the box and "lost" parts. What I received was a full set of brackets that mount to the truck, but none of the internal brackets which were my main issue.
Next package is set to arrive tomorrow.

I originally ordered back on March 15, and hopefully will finally have installation complete this weekend. They look good, and I hope they hold up, but the process has been frustrating. Packaging, IMO, is insufficient, and based on my experience I'm concerned that construction quality is dipping in the rush to get these out the door. GoRhino has been pretty responsive and willing to send out replacements, but I did have to reach out to Stage 3 regarding return credit - I was told they hadn't heard from GoRhino even though the return was delivered 10 days ago.

shred5

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
I've been following this thread as I was having a hard time decided between the RB20 and the Dominator D6. In the end, I went with the D6, and I've had a pretty similar experience. I also bought from Stage 3, but agree the issues are not on them. When I bought mine, they were back ordered, so I expected a wait.

I was provided a shipping ETA, which was missed by a few days.
Then FedEx took a detour and delivered them 4 days after THEIR estimate.
Opened them up to find a ding (through the powder coat) on one board.
Ordered replacements. Also noticed that on the D6, the interior (where the mounting brackets attach) is NOT powder coated. GoRhino says they should be zinc coated, but I sprayed with some under coating.
Second set arrived, and I had to piece together mounting hardware from both packages to get a mostly functional set. The main issue I had was the nuts welded to the interior mounting brackets weren't flush, causing the bolts to contact the brackets during insertion and making it EXTREMELY difficult to install.
I requested some replacements, and also one more of the brackets that mounts to the truck.
UPS delivery was delayed because they damaged the box and "lost" parts. What I received was a full set of brackets that mount to the truck, but none of the internal brackets which were my main issue.
Next package is set to arrive tomorrow.

I originally ordered back on March 15, and hopefully will finally have installation complete this weekend. They look good, and I hope they hold up, but the process has been frustrating. Packaging, IMO, is insufficient, and based on my experience I'm concerned that construction quality is dipping in the rush to get these out the door. GoRhino has been pretty responsive and willing to send out replacements, but I did have to reach out to Stage 3 regarding return credit - I was told they hadn't heard from GoRhino even though the return was delivered 10 days ago.

Yea I just wonder if it is a issue with their powder coating..
This is supposed to be rugged for trucks and its not.. I should not be able to touch paint and it falls off. Maybe they are trying to turn them out too fast. They are not cheap either and way more than RB-10 and especially with the bedliner coating. After these I will not buy another one of their products.

They were designed to be installed with the logo in the back, but a lot of people install them “backwards“ because they look better that way. There is a taper to the boards, and if you install them logo-back, the boards taper in towards the back. It’s opposite if you install logo-front. I tried them both ways and preferred the logo in the front. It looks better with the boards flaring outwards towards the back. I also removed the logo.
Yea it is hard to say I see them both ways..

But it makes no sense putting the fatter more blunt end first.
Door open from the back not the front so having a wider step back makes more sense.
Also wind resistance, probably aint a huge difference but wouldn't the slimmer side go forward and not the fatter more blunt side.

Also Stage 3 video on the rb10 they did the label forward..

I do not know because it was a question I asked right way.. Because usually the label go to the back..

Directions stink for these.

LoneRNGR

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT
Occupation
Systems Engineer
I Hate Running Boards, But… Go Rhino RB20

My last two vehicles had factory running boards. I hated them for all the familiar reasons; they ruin ground clearance, make my jeans dirty and occasionally bruise my shin.

After a trip to the grocery store with my mother-in-law, taking extra time to get my 4 year-old loaded and to stop the incessant whining from my wife (she’s not going to read this post) I finally ordered a set of running boards this week.

I bought the Go Rhino RB20 from stage3motorsports.com on Wednesday afternoon for just 55 cents shy of $400. They arrived on Friday at 10:20 am and an hour later they were on my Ranger, which is quick when you consider that my daughter was helping me to install them!

“Yes. I like it!” – Daughter

“Thumbs UP” – Mother-in-Law (does not speak English)

“Finally, your truck looks like a truck.” – Wife *sarcasm*

Family harmony has been restored.
not really

Notes:

After mounting one side with the Go Rhino badge at the rear, I switched it, so the badge was at the front. This is because the board tapers and I wanted the wider side to be at the back, which is where the board width is needed most. I cannot tell you which way looks better.

Might be a little higher than Ford OEM boards. There is a lip to hide any gap.

They are cheaper than Ford OEM boards; $399.45 vs $676.28 (with Texas sales tax).

Where the board bends, there is a cut and a weld, then a mount goes on it or right next to it. Short-term this is not an issue, but over many years, this might be a place that can oxidize and fail.

I watched a video of the RB10 being mounted. The mounts were C-shaped. The mounts that I received were not. I like my mounts better.

IMG_1190 (Small).jpg

IMG_1191 (Small).jpg

IMG_1192 (Small).jpg

IMG_1207 (Small).jpg

IMG_1210 (Small).png
Sponsored

Last edited: