First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 SuperCab XL - FX4 - Magnetic - Rocksliders
Occupation
Mech. Engineer - Retired
Personally I don't think I'd like it in Red across the front. It'll look like a big set of lips coming at you. lol I think just the tow hooks would look great though. :)
Mick Jagger.... ish. :LOL:
Sponsored

TN Ranger

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Electricain
The tires, the skid plate, and the silver painted lower front bumper valance changes the entire look of the truck.

When we were truck hunting we found an XL/STX 4x4 in Saber that we really liked until we laid eyes on it..... I just knew every time I looked at the truck from then on I'd be saying "It's not an FX-4"... so we ended up buying an FX-4.

You also get the locking rear differential with the FX-4 package. That's another great feature to keep in mind.

And if you are looking at XL's.. the information screen in the gauge cluster, between the analog tachometer and speedometer, is some dot matrix minimalistic cheap looking display unless you get the FX-4 package, then you get the upgraded screen so it can show the off-road visuals. So you're getting a lot of upgrades with the FX-4 package, even more so in an XL trim level truck..

2019 Ranger XL 4x4 vs FX-4.jpg

I couldn't find a photo of the bone stock XL info screen... but what I've shown below is similar..

XL Cluster FX-4.jpg
You can get the locking rear in other packages as well. I have it on my XLT sport 4x4

TN Ranger

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Electricain
I was curious too on the height differences between the FX4 and non option 4wd trucks and I found the FX4 is about a inch taller, one was 3/4, same wheel and tire size. That’s not much to even say they are higher IMO. The 2wd’s FX option are about the same too.
They have a larger tire from the factory. The sport only comes with a 255 65 17 were the fx4 come with a 265 65 I think. I bought the sport.

SOHK_Alumni

First Name
Win
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, 2019 Ranger FX4, 2002 Vanden Plas, 1977 Eclat
Occupation
Glorified Mechanic
For sure, my wife's FX4 has different rear springs than the std 4WD and RWD trucks.

Sits very high at the back.

At the front, the FX4 has heavier springs than my RWD.

GregsFX2Ranger

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XLT 302A 4x2 Rapid Red Black Appear Package
Occupation
Management
FX2 package gives you the silver "skid plate", and removes the air dam as well.

Too bad its silver plastic.
Sponsored