First Name
keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 2WD SuperCab - 97 BMW M3
Occupation
Retired
In my area this week I’m seeing for the first time that I can ever remember regular fuel higher than Diesel at most stations.
It also appears that Shell is leading the price hike but is keeping diesel prices higher than regular but pretty much even with premium fuel.

Regular is $3.45 and diesel $3.39 at most stations. Shell at $3.49 & $3.79 for diesel.

Wondering if this is a trend
across the US?

GasBuddy.com
Sponsored

Last edited:

Langwilliams

First Name
Langley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT, 2014 Harley Street Glide
Occupation
Mail Carrier (retired) Navy Vet
In 2021 diesel was over $5 a gallon here. Today I got gas an Regular was around $3.55 most places an diesel was $370. Plus is usually 40 or 50 cents a gal more an premium is 80 cents to a buck more a gallon. I usually run plus myself.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
20 cent increase is being blamed on the summer heat.
I read yesterday the Exxon refinery went down in Louisiana and that's why the increase. We get out gas from the California one so there was no reason to raise prices here or out west for that matter. Just another way to stick it to us even more! :curse:

https://seekingalpha.com/news/39903...est-since-october-after-exxon-refinery-outage

U.S. gasoline futures settled Monday at the highest in nearly nine months as an unplanned outage at Exxon Mobil's (NYSE:XOM) Baton Rouge, Louisiana, refinery is expected to keep a gasoline-making catalytic cracker down for several weeks, driving supply concerns just as demand appears to be firming.

OP
OP
kieefer

kieefer

First Name
keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
I read yesterday the Exxon refinery went down in Louisiana and that's why the increase. We get out gas from the California one so there was no reason to raise prices here or out west for that matter. Just another way to stick it to us even more! :curse:

https://seekingalpha.com/news/39903...est-since-october-after-exxon-refinery-outage
That was a local news report and the oil company rep also mentioned state and local tax increases.
A refinery interruption makes more sense, maybe some pumps overheat. Whatever, it doesn’t take much.

I watch them around here and you can bet they’ll creep up before the wkend, especially a Holiday wkend.

KJRR

First Name
KJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ford Ranger, '14 Ford Edge, '74 VW Type 181
Occupation
Professional Curmudgeon
I look at gas prices like electricity or natural gas prices. If I want heat or ac, I'm going to pay the price. Not much I can do to about it except shop for the best price, turn up the temp in the summer, turn down the temp in the winter and drive less.

OP
OP
kieefer

kieefer

First Name
keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Didn’t take long, diesel back up over Regular.
News reports say look forward to increases this week as the heat wreaks havoc on refineries plus OPEC cutting output.
Sponsored