Test Shows Electric Truck Costs Over $100 to Charge - More Than It Costs to Fill Most Gas Cars

JesseS

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT FX4, Jayco 26' Class A
Occupation
Retired, work is a four letter word.
Well, here in the People's Republic of Kalifornia, I'm paying $0.31516 per kWh as tier 1.
Then after minor use it kicks up to tier 2, $0.39468 per kWh.

I wish I paid only $0.10 kWh.

A for service charging station needs to make money to repay costs of building public charging stations. 43 cents for super fast charging doesn't seem out of line.
Up here I pay $0.09.5 a KWH, so just under 0.10. But my bill is normally less than $20 a month, and that only because of the grid connection fee of $28. I have had solar for 12 years, the system was paid for at 8 years, and some months my bill is a big fat ZERO! You must have PG&E, the most expensive utility in the state. Right now the outside temp is 102º, 78º inside, and I am powering the house and sending 2.1KWH back to the grid. Tonight the powerwall takes over, although on hot nights it switches back to the grid around 2AM or so.
Sponsored

Sanctus Rimor

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 RMT Ranger
our base rate is approx $0.37 kwh, with $0.19 per kwh for non-fuel power energy charge and $0.16 for fuel and purchased power energy charge. And then there's the energy rate adjustment, which varies month to month based on oil prices, and can be as much as the base rate. Oh, and the $10/month "cutomer charge", which we pay for the simple privilege of being a customer. Fun fun fun.

F**k EV. I'll stick with my 17mpg and $5/gal gas, thankyouverymuch.