First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger XLT FX4 Splash
Occupation
Retired - Air Cargo Industry
I canceled my subscription a couple of months ago on the Ranger and stream on the iPhone using the XM app from my wife's plan. I have unlimited data so not a big deal. Downside is if the carrier signal goes away, you can't stream. My wife and I went to Cedar Key in Florida last week and after leaving the interstate, the AT&T signal vanished.

Since I canceled XM, I get the occasional phone call from them with a new offer. Last one was $5.99/month which I almost went for but the story changed and the total would be $7 something due to fees and taxes. I let the young lady know I didn't appreciate the bait and that was that.
Sponsored

Big Blue

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 Supercrew lighting blue
Occupation
Retired mechanical designer
I know most Rangers come with SIRIUS XM radio: free this week!

FREE XM!
Don’t really care. I don’t even see Sirius as a source on my SYNC screen anymore.

ControlNode

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
84 Civic "2000S"/16 Focus RS/21 Ranger XLT
Occupation
Computers
iPhone does it too through blue tooth but I don’t like the data usage. So it’s less to pay for the subscription than excess data usage. I get 10 gigabytes per month through pure talk. Most consistent and inexpensive plan out there.. I’ve tried other less expensive plans but the consistency sucks.
I'm not sure the number of lines you have, but we have Google Fi (yes it's a referral link, if you use it that gives a $20 credit for you and me if terms are met) and it's 5 lines it's $40 per line, that is unlimited talk/text/data with hotspot and free additional data sims that share the data from the line they are linked to, YouTube Premium, Google One 100GB plan, free international calling to several locations, free data and text while traveling abroad. On my line alone I have My Pixel 6 Pro, a Pixel XL (data sim), Pixel (data sim) and a Pixel Watch LTE (data), still $40/mon. They have cheaper and Pay for what you use plans as well. If my daughter and son-in-law were not on my plan I would still be on the Flexible as my data usage is really low, was about a $20/mon bill most of the time. I guess T-Mobile is the only real backer for the network now, when I signed up for it there was T-Mobile, US-Cellular and Sprint backing the Google plan.

AzureRanger

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Jeep TJ
Occupation
Retired
When mine expired, I got the $5/month for a year offer, but they won't budge on the credit card requirement. I think they would give me 6 months, but I'm still holding out.

canyonslicker

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
65 YO Juvenile Delinquent
I'm not sure the number of lines you have, but we have Google Fi (yes it's a referral link, if you use it that gives a $20 credit for you and me if terms are met) and it's 5 lines it's $40 per line, that is unlimited talk/text/data with hotspot and free additional data sims that share the data from the line they are linked to, YouTube Premium, Google One 100GB plan, free international calling to several locations, free data and text while traveling abroad. On my line alone I have My Pixel 6 Pro, a Pixel XL (data sim), Pixel (data sim) and a Pixel Watch LTE (data), still $40/mon. They have cheaper and Pay for what you use plans as well. If my daughter and son-in-law were not on my plan I would still be on the Flexible as my data usage is really low, was about a $20/mon bill most of the time. I guess T-Mobile is the only real backer for the network now, when I signed up for it there was T-Mobile, US-Cellular and Sprint backing the Google plan.
Well I’m at 55 bucks for all three lines and 10 gigs each line. So 6 bucks a month for xm is still cheaper. No data shared though.

CB750F

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru BRZ / SCAB Ranger XLT/FX4 & various motos
Occupation
Human
Way back in 2015 I called to suspend XM because I was putting the car away for the winter. Took it out in the spring & XM was working, still is, best price in town.
Sponsored