Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Ford Ranger XLT Sport 4X4
Occupation
Field Service Engineer
Guys,

I know this probably has to do with installing a Tailgate damper but here goes...

New Ranger owner (2021 XLT) and noted in most cases if I'm listing to XM at say, Volume level 15, when a GPS directive comes in via Android Auto the volume drops to like 9. I read a post that suggested it may be related to Waze even though I wasn't using waze but I deleted waze anyways and no change in issue.

Anyone experience this?

Craig
Sponsored

Cabose-1

First Name
Eli
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger XLT FX2
Occupation
Student
Yeah, happens to me too. I have no explination or fix to it. Just annoying.
I can't be of help, but at least ill let you know its not unique to your radio.
May just be a glitch. Everything works fine on the radio. Just that little quirk you mentioned

Last edited:

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Guys,

I know this probably has to do with installing a Tailgate damper but here goes...

New Ranger owner (2021 XLT) and noted in most cases if I'm listing to XM at say, Volume level 15, when a GPS directive comes in via Android Auto the volume drops to like 9. I read a post that suggested it may be related to Waze even though I wasn't using waze but I deleted waze anyways and no change in issue.

Anyone experience this?

Craig
Same happens to me with the factory GPS. If you turn up the volume when the GPS is giving directions it will set it to that level.

Edit: Hopefully they didn't change anything because when I set it to the new volume it stays there next time you use it.

TVRangerSTX

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Supercab XLT; 1969 Mercury Cougar convertible; Honda 500XL
Occupation
Bethlehem Steel/Self-Employed Metallurgist
If you hurry and lower the loud nav volume while it's talking, it will say "Prompt Volume" as you change it. It's like playing Whack-a-Mole, we try to get to the volume knob before it stops giving directions!🤣🤣🤣
Sponsored