FordPass Siri Shortcuts

robsquatch

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT Sport
Thank you for taking the time to figure this out and share it. I love it!! I customized the verbiage used in the scripts and now I can say "dude, where's my truck" to get the location. You are awesome :)
Sponsored

OP
OP
TylerV76

TylerV76

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4
Occupation
Emissions testing supplier
Thank you for taking the time to figure this out and share it. I love it!! I customized the verbiage used in the scripts and now I can say "dude, where's my truck" to get the location. You are awesome :)
While I appreciate the kind words, I didnt create this. Some folks on Reddit are responsible for this one. I just linked to the instructions. I take no credit for any of the work that the developers put into this.

dmeyer302

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Escape, 2016 Odyssey
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
After testing this out just a couple of times, the Shortcuts command to start the truck seems to be quite a bit faster than opening the Fordpass app and waiting for it to get it started.

This find is pretty exciting aside from Shortcuts because I didn't know the API was available...think of the things I can do with it.......:sunglasses:

OP
OP
TylerV76

TylerV76

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4
Occupation
Emissions testing supplier
After testing this out just a couple of times, the Shortcuts command to start the truck seems to be quite a bit faster than opening the Fordpass app and waiting for it to get it started.

This find is pretty exciting aside from Shortcuts because I didn't know the API was available...think of the things I can do with it.......:sunglasses:
That was my finding as well. Using the app took 20.26 seconds vs 12.32 using “hey siri”. But more than that, the convenience of not having to touch my phone, wait for the app, etc, is incredible.

BHunted

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat, 2019 Ford Mustang
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Not sure what I'm doing wrong, but just added the 3 main and added the settings for the ford pass to my email, password and vin. Then added some simple other shortcuts like location sc, miles, etc... Do we do anything to the Text after each variable? When I ask siri, it either doesn't produce anything or just says done. The map shortcut brings up maps and sticks me over 6K miles away. Seems like its not grabbing info... Any ideas?

Capt'n Awesome

First Name
Captain
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT, 05 Wrangler, 19 Slingshot, 04 330xi
Occupation
Enthusiast
Not sure what I'm doing wrong, but just added the 3 main and added the settings for the ford pass to my email, password and vin. Then added some simple other shortcuts like location sc, miles, etc... Do we do anything to the Text after each variable? When I ask siri, it either doesn't produce anything or just says done. The map shortcut brings up maps and sticks me over 6K miles away. Seems like its not grabbing info... Any ideas?

I'd double check your credentials. That map thing is a default location, which means you're not getting data back from the ford endpoint. I'd still guess that you're crapping out when trying to get a token

Capt'n Awesome

First Name
Captain
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Enthusiast
You can edit the Get FordPass Token short cut and add an action. Just have it read the Dictionary object as the very last step. If it throws an error, Siri will read it to you.

BHunted

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Just to be clear, just set the variables in the initial shortcut for username, (my email), password and vin. Nothing else?
Cause I double checked it a few times and even reentered it.

Capt'n Awesome

First Name
Captain
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Enthusiast
Just to be clear, just set the variables in the initial shortcut for username, (my email), password and vin. Nothing else?
Cause I double checked it a few times and even reentered it.
That should be it. The get credits is used by the token shortcut to generate an account specific token. Then that’s used by get vehicle status or the other feature shortcuts.

BHunted

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Ok, I deleted everything and started over. Other than not noticing it changes your first pw character to upper case, (learned that before I deleted everything), not sure what else it was.
Thanks a bunch! ??

JimH

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT SuperCrew
Occupation
Retired
Has anybody seen this for Alexa?? I don't have Siri...