First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Analytics Engineer
I got the yearly unlimited plan. It's been pretty great. By unlimited AT&T actually means 22GB, but I've had them for a while so I'm aware of their unlimited limits. And for just something the kids use in the truck 22GB is more than enough per month. Just hoping they still have the yearly plan in 8 months or so when this plan expires.
Sponsored

TheRoushRanger046

First Name
Mack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Roush Ranger
Anyone else notice the Wi-Fi in the truck is super slow or sometimes barely ever works ??

I’ve had it for over 4 months. I find my 5G on my phone goes faster. And when connected to the ATT Wi-Fi .. my phone sometimes takes forever to load an app or misses (straight up) phone calls.

AuburnRanger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Lightning Blue Lariat FX4
Anyone else notice the Wi-Fi in the truck is super slow or sometimes barely ever works ??

I’ve had it for over 4 months. I find my 5G on my phone goes faster. And when connected to the ATT Wi-Fi .. my phone sometimes takes forever to load an app or misses (straight up) phone calls.
It might just be location dependent if ATT doesn't have good service in your area. I took a 4000 mile road trip last summer with 2 of my kids who streamed two devices almost the whole time we were in the car. The service was shockingly reliable in all but remote areas.

TheRoushRanger046

First Name
Mack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Roush Ranger
I think you'll find that very few people use it, so not many could have noticed. :)
Interesting for sure … I have a buddies kid who uses his iPad all the time on it … goes in and out constantly. Not reliable at all.

TheRoushRanger046

First Name
Mack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Roush Ranger
It might just be location dependent if ATT doesn't have good service in your area. I took a 4000 mile road trip last summer with 2 of my kids who streamed two devices almost the whole time we were in the car. The service was shockingly reliable in all but remote areas.
Might be. Odd but guess you could be right. Too congested in my city life area.

cetihcra

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger Lariat Tremor, 501A/Tech/Tow
Occupation
Architect

The 5G on your phone will assuredly be faster than the ATT in-car, since that is 4G at best, and old tech.

It works pretty well here in Denver, handy for work shit.

r

TheRoushRanger046

First Name
Mack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Roush Ranger
The 5G on your phone will assuredly be faster than the ATT in-car, since that is 4G at best, and old tech.

It works pretty well here in Denver, handy for work shit.

r
Anyone know a way to get for free? Military vets or such? I want it again. Haven’t had it for a few months …

Ibanezbass671

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger XLT
Occupation
IT Technician
So.......

I live in Guam, and I got my Ranger connected using FordPass the other day. Sorry if this question was answered but is the FordPass connectivity seperate from the 4G service? Funny....we dont have AT&T and I got my truck working with FordPass.....

AdamHarris

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 Black Supercrew
Occupation
Collision Repair Instructor
Vehicle Showcase
So.......

I live in Guam, and I got my Ranger connected using FordPass the other day. Sorry if this question was answered but is the FordPass connectivity seperate from the 4G service? Funny....we dont have AT&T and I got my truck working with FordPass.....
Yes FordPass is completely separate from whatever phone service you may have. Your truck uses the ATT (or sone other GMR) cell network to operate, at no cost to you.
Sponsored