FordPass Connect 4G AT&T Monthly Prices - US

J Haggerty (RADAR1)

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Supercrew I4, 2017 Dodge Durango SXT V6, 2004 Dodge Dakota SLT V8
Occupation
Retired USAF Air Traffic Controller
I believe the FordPass access will work for 2 years. 2020 models will only get 1 year but the 2019 models get 2 years free.
I agree, two years for the 2019 models. This is from the FordPass website.
" [Service for 2019 vehicles includes a complimentary 2-year trial for remote features.] [Service for 2020 and later model year vehicles includes a complimentary 1-year trial for remote features, excluding Wi-Fi hotspot, and starts with vehicle sales date (after which, fees apply).]"
Sponsored

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 1973 Mercury Capri
Vehicle Showcase
I agree, two years for the 2019 models. This is from the FordPass website.
" [Service for 2019 vehicles includes a complimentary 2-year trial for remote features.] [Service for 2020 and later model year vehicles includes a complimentary 1-year trial for remote features, excluding Wi-Fi hotspot, and starts with vehicle sales date (after which, fees apply).]"
Things have changed since that posting - FordPass access will be free permanently:

https://www.ranger5g.com/forum/threads/fordpass-will-be-free-permanently.4648/unread

Zaph

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, A whole garage full of motorcycles
Occupation
Engineer

Tim G.

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat 4X4
Occupation
Occupational Health and Safety
No the remote start works independently of the 4G modem. I believe you get 1 year free, then the following years it will require an annual fee.
i believe ford has just announced about 2 weeks ago the ford pass app will remain free throughout. pretty sure they sent me an email about it but i cannot seem to find it

NJB_Aragorn

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT CC Ranger
I just made a new thread, which i guess I will delete now, but where is the actual modem? I may swap it for a cradlepoint which would work with verizon for those interested. I just have to figure out where the hell it is. I am a new ranger owner.

Would that break Ford Pass connect though? it is my only hesitation.

JaysOnTheEDGE

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Sport 4x4, 2021 Escape SEL AWD
I just made a new thread, which i guess I will delete now, but where is the actual modem? I may swap it for a cradlepoint which would work with verizon for those interested. I just have to figure out where the hell it is. I am a new ranger owner.

Would that break Ford Pass connect though? it is my only hesitation.
its located behind the glovebox

adamodonnell

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Analytics Engineer
Picking up my 2020 Ranger today. Looking forward to the wifi hotspot for the kids. They like to use data for tablets in the backseat. Most months I can turn on my hotspot from my phone and not use enough data to hit the cap on our "unlimited" account. But the months we hit the cap it's always a huge pain. I'll be happy to pay $20/mo to get a full 22GB "unlimited" account just for the truck.

RVA Overland

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT
Vehicle Showcase
Picking up my 2020 Ranger today. Looking forward to the wifi hotspot for the kids. They like to use data for tablets in the backseat. Most months I can turn on my hotspot from my phone and not use enough data to hit the cap on our "unlimited" account. But the months we hit the cap it's always a huge pain. I'll be happy to pay $20/mo to get a full 22GB "unlimited" account just for the truck.
That is why I did it. Kids love to be connected and for me to make my family plan on the phones unlimited would b cost prohibitive. For the nominal fee to have it in the truck it makes sense. My daughter and I spend a lot of time traveling with softball and this makes it very enjoyable. It also gives me podcasts and XM app on my phone so I don't need another subscription.

adamodonnell

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Analytics Engineer
Picked up my truck and signed up for the hotspot service so I can confirm prices for the Atlanta area. It's actually $25/mo now for the monthly "unlimited" (22gb). But they have several other options, including a yearly prepaid which I chose because it was only $200. A year at $200 works out to paying for 8 months and getting 4 free months. But the fine print says no refunds and no prorated returns if you cancel. So be sure you're ready to use it for a whole year.

ThirstyRed

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Website
public.tableau.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT FX2
Occupation
Data Analyst
I wonder if there is a "turn it on for a month" an then turn it off sort of thing. I would use it at campsites etc to connect pc. And anybody know if a phone Hotspot is same as ford modem in terms of upload / download speed?

adamodonnell

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Analytics Engineer
I wonder if there is a "turn it on for a month" an then turn it off sort of thing. I would use it at campsites etc to connect pc. And anybody know if a phone Hotspot is same as ford modem in terms of upload / download speed?
I don't know what the hotspot modems are like these days, but I can tell you I have 2 kids who watch YouTube, Netflix and Disney+ non-stop from the backseat. They're each streaming the whole ride and they would quickly start squawking if there was a hiccup so I'd assume it's running pretty quick. I've been meaning to test it but haven't gotten around to it yet.

JaysOnTheEDGE

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Sport 4x4, 2021 Escape SEL AWD
I just turned off the monthly autopay on hotspot because it’s been acting spotty and haven’t been using it much since COVID-19 and they cancelled my plan Within a few hours so I’m going to say it’s all or nothing.

bluetruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger
Does anyone know if you can manage the hotspot - turn it on/off, rename, password, etc once I remove the factory sync radio?

soccer26fan

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Veteran
I paid the 20 bucks a month for unlimited last month when I bought the truck, seems to work pretty good instead of my crappy T-Mobile. My wifes audi is also ATT but u cannot just have the mobile service which sucks they make you subscribe to the “Audi” account first at like 600 a year and it doesn’t give you much. Rip Off. So Ford has them beat I believe.

Capt'n Awesome

First Name
Captain
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT, 05 Wrangler, 19 Slingshot, 04 330xi
Occupation
Enthusiast
I forked out 20 bucks for the unlimited plan so I can tell people I bought a $40k hotspot.
Sponsored