First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger 4WD Lariat
Occupation
Retired
Looking for a good quality sunshade for our new truck. Ford has one for sale for over $70. That is more than I want to pay. Any suggestions for aftermarket shades that fit properly? Thanks.
Sponsored

Porpoise Hork

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 F150 XLT Powerboost FX4 302A Oxford White
Occupation
IT
I have used this brand for years and have always had good success with them.

https://www.heatshieldstore.com/

They are inexpensive and made to fit the specific vehicle, work amazingly well and last for years. The only downside to them is storing it when not in use can be a bit of a hassle. It rolls up and is a little bulky and can get in the way if you have kids or anyone sitting in the back seats.

OP
OP

RAS100

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger 4WD Lariat
Occupation
Retired
Thanks for the suggestions.. It saved me a lot of searching. I went with the Heatshield for $39.00. Love this forum!

P. A. Schilke

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat 4x4, 2020 Lincoln Nautilus, 2005 Alfa Motorhome
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks for the suggestions.. It saved me a lot of searching. I went with the Heatshield for $39.00. Love this forum!
Hi Rich,

I agree! This is a very well moderated and helpful set of Forums for folks with some semi trolls, but they are few. Please ask away any question you might have and the helpful folks here will offer up their experiences or solutions or both.

Enjoy your Ranger!

Best,
Phil Schilke
Ranger Vehicle Engineering
Ford Motor Co. Retired

Murphie

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat 4X2, 2023 Hyundai Santa Fe
Occupation
Financial Auditor - Retired
I have used this brand for years and have always had good success with them.

https://www.heatshieldstore.com/

They are inexpensive and made to fit the specific vehicle, work amazingly well and last for years. The only downside to them is storing it when not in use can be a bit of a hassle. It rolls up and is a little bulky and can get in the way if you have kids or anyone sitting in the back seats.
I also have this brand, and like it, but... It's a snug fit which can be good and bad. It's good that you don't have to secure it using the sun visors. But it's bad because it causes the headliner to fray at the edges. So I've started to just loosely set it against the windshield and hold it in place with the visors.

2020-05-30 08.12.54 (Small).jpg

THLONE

First Name
Thom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68 Chev C-20, 2019 Ford Ranger XL 4X4
Occupation
internet wise guy
Vehicle Showcase
Hi Rich,

I agree! This is a very well moderated and helpful set of Forums for folks with some semi trolls, but they are few. Please ask away any question you might have and the helpful folks here will offer up their experiences or solutions or both.

Enjoy your Ranger!

Best,
Phil Schilke
Ranger Vehicle Engineering
Ford Motor Co. Retired
Now Phil I resemble that remark. The truth hurts. If you cant handle the truth then you know what they say in Mexico? ?

Desert_5G

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Vehicle Showcase
I got mine for $40 from ebay. Fits good and does it's job. May not be as good as a $70 one; but I wasn't going to pay that much for what it is.
Sponsored