Ford Ranger Receives KBB's 5-Year Cost to Own Award (Most Affordable Truck in Class)

wanted33

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, Jeep Wrangler
Occupation
Old used up LEO

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Silliest and most fun forum ever!
Al you're one of the main reasons I come on here everyday. ? My life would be meaningless if it wasn't for you and your resistance. Plus I never back down from a challenge and I WILL find your weakness....Everyone has one!:devil:

Texasota

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT, 2023 Escape PHEV
@AzScorpion Dave, if this article doesn't convince Al @Texasota to buy a damper, nothing will. The universe is speaking to him. As Miss Tracey @Tracy Bowman would say.....:turkey::turkey::turkey::turkey::turkey: :bandit:
Are you kidding me? Ford did not include the damper on our Rangers for a reason. First of all they knew it was worthless and silly for a tailgate that is so light that you can lower it with one finger. Ford also feared being sued for muscle atrophy in the Ranger owners.

But more importantly, Ford knew this high maintenance device (cable training, damaged cables, velcro mods, fluid changes, cooling systems and winter freeze ups) would destroy any chances of winning this KBB award!

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Are you kidding me? Ford did not include the damper on our Rangers for a reason. First of all they knew it was worthless and silly for a tailgate that is so light that you can lower it with one finger. Ford also feared being sued for muscle atrophy in the Ranger owners.

But more importantly, Ford knew this high maintenance device (cable training, damaged cables, velcro mods, fluid changes, cooling systems and winter freeze ups) would destroy any chances of winning this KBB award!
:facepalm: F150 is the best selling truck for 43 years straight and guess what Al? It's all aluminum and has an integrated damper so your theory is bunk! Nice try though....

Next.jpg

Texasota

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT, 2023 Escape PHEV
Al you're one of the main reasons I come on here everyday. ? My life would be meaningless if it wasn't for you and your resistance. Plus I never back down from a challenge and I WILL find your weakness....Everyone has one!:devil:
Everyone needs a reason to get out of bed each morning. Glad I fill that need for you, Dave! Really wish I could meet you in person (seriously), it would be a hoot!

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Everyone needs a reason to get out of bed each morning. Glad I fill that need for you, Dave! Really wish I could meet you in person (seriously), it would be a hoot!
I've made you the offer Al, I will personally come to you and install a damper when you finally stop resisting. I think you wife and my gf would just sit there shaking their heads though because mine already thinks I'm nuts when she reads these posts. :LOL:

wanted33

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Old used up LEO

I've made you the offer Al, when you finally stop resisting. I think you wife and my gf would just sit there shaking their heads though because mine already thinks I'm nuts when she reads these posts. :LOL:
Dave @AzScorpion, when I read Al's @Texasota post all I heard was "blah blah, blah" I want a damper, but I'm in too deep to back out now. If only he would check his pride at the door, I think we could find it in our hearts to give him a break.......or not. Hah, I'm fairly sure we would never let him live that down. :sunglasses: :giggle:

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Dave @AzScorpion, when I read Al's @Texasota post all I heard was "blah blah, blah" I want a damper, but I'm in too deep to back out now. If only he would check his pride at the door, I think we could find it in our hearts to give him a break.......or not. Hah, I'm fairly sure we would never let him live that down. :sunglasses: :giggle:
Jim, I think he secretly went out and bought one, the curiosity was killing him! All these pictures he shows us are old ones because like you said he's in way to deep now to admit it. I for one would forgive him but I do look forward to being the one who finally get to buy and instal it for him one day.

wanted33

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Old used up LEO
Jim, I think he secretly went out and bought one, the curiosity was killing him! All these pictures he shows us are old ones because like you said he's in way to deep now to admit it. I for one would forgive him but I do look forward to being the one who finally get to buy and install it for him one day.
I'll bring the beer...........:)

HenryMac

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 SuperCab XL - FX4 - Magnetic - Rocksliders
Occupation
Mech. Engineer - Retired
Sounds great! I'll give a full report... in another 3-1/2 (ish) years.

gfitzge2

First Name
Gregg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Focus RS, 2019 Ranger, 2021 Mustang Mach 1
Occupation
Retired Electrician
Vehicle Showcase

en13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger SuperCrew XLT 2WD
Vehicle Showcase
Ford marketing dollars hard at work. Lol.

Timing is good though.. Wondered why my Carvana offer jumped a couple hundred bux today.

D Fresh

Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Lariat FX4, '17 FiST, '16 CX-5, '95 YJ
Occupation
Milkman
Between us Ranger owners.... I question the validity of the data as no one has been driving for the past year. As such any forecasted costs are skewed and unreliable. Granted it is the same for all brands, but if consumers were driving to normal levels, it could have a very different outcome.

That said, we should still whip this out and flash it to the Taco cultists!
Excuse me, but many of us have been working our asses of this last year taking care of all you lazy folks "working from home" on your couches. And therefore driving just as much, if not more, than usual.;)
Sponsored