Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Occupation
Transit bus mechanic, former Ford master tech
Vehicle Showcase
with turbocharged engines the fine particles are the must harmful. I've seen many turbos dusted on 6.0L where people had put K&N filters in. To me I'm not as concerned with the HP increase as I am the torque, makes more sense for towing and off road, and that is at 2,500RPM so the air flow and volume isn't as critical.
Sponsored

Fletch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford ranger
with turbocharged engines the fine particles are the must harmful. I've seen many turbos dusted on 6.0L where people had put K&N filters in. To me I'm not as concerned with the HP increase as I am the torque, makes more sense for towing and off road, and that is at 2,500RPM so the air flow and volume isn't as critical.
The tune kit keeps it in that sweet range on normal acceleration, as well.

runner69

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
The tune kit keeps it in that sweet range on normal acceleration, as well.
I can't wait for it to come in. I will also at that time put more aggressive A/T tires, 265/70/17, not crazy but a little bigger

pbb_photo

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.pbbphoto.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT FX4, Technology, Tow, 6ft Bed
Occupation
Photographer
Can this tune be made for any tire size or just the sizes recommended in the tune description? Thanks

Last edited:

runner69

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Can this tune be made for any tire size or just the sizes recommended in the time description? Thanks
I'm not sure, maybe someone that has done it can give some insight on it

ryyck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
I'm still waiting for an ordered Roush CAI. Is this the dreaded K&N filter?

JaysOnTheEDGE

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Sport 4x4, 2021 Escape SEL AWD
I'm still waiting for an ordered Roush CAI. Is this the dreaded K&N filter?
The roush filter is a conical oval dry flow filter it is roush branded and says Do not Oil on it. i'm not sure who manufactures it for roush though

ryyck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
The roush filter is a conical oval dry flow filter it is roush branded and says Do not Oil on it. i'm not sure who manufactures it for roush though
I saw a comparison of filters, depended on function. performance or efficiency. Always a give and take...I was just curious if the Roush was more of a take? I'm more of an efficiency kind of guy...I don't race.

lewis cornelius

First Name
lewis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 ranger 2020 escape hybrid 2011 jeep wrangler
Occupation
retired
I read through the thread that started back when Ford announced the tune. I'm interested in feedback from those who have done it. Was it worth it? Positives and negatives ?
I used draggy to get these numbers. I got a reading of 6.93 zero to sixty and 1/4 mile time of 15.18 @ 91.36 mph
Then driving 100 miles after power pack installed I got a reading of 5.85 zero to sixty and a 1/4 mile time of 14.08 @ 98.51 mph. You decide.

RANGER_MARC

First Name
MARC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FORD RANGER LARIAT 2019
Occupation
TEACH
Vehicle Showcase
I read through the thread that started back when Ford announced the tune. I'm interested in feedback from those who have done it. Was it worth it? Positives and negatives ?
Absolutely worth every penny, really wakes the truck up, with noticeable improvements in HP/TORQUE, and much smoother shifting. There may be better tunes out there, and members disagree on this, but the Ford Performance Kit has no downsides as far as I can tell....

Fletch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford ranger
Absolutely worth every penny, really wakes the truck up, with noticeable improvements in HP/TORQUE, and much smoother shifting. There may be better tunes out there, and members disagree on this, but the Ford Performance Kit has no downsides as far as I can tell....
Totally agree.

Emanuel22

First Name
Emanuel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger 2021
Occupation
Elec. Tech.
I used draggy to get these numbers. I got a reading of 6.93 zero to sixty and 1/4 mile time of 15.18 @ 91.36 mph
Then driving 100 miles after power pack installed I got a reading of 5.85 zero to sixty and a 1/4 mile time of 14.08 @ 98.51 mph. You decide.
That's impressive, wish Ranger model you have?

jzinckgra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat
1000 miles on the truck. Needs more power.... Ordered Ford Performance Tune today Now the wait begins
why do you have to wait? Isn't this done at the dealer?
Sponsored