First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4
Occupation
Private Security
I just had the Ford Performance Power Pack installed and I’m just trying to figure how I can verify it was installed properly. Thanks!
Sponsored

OP
OP

Verhiz

First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Private Security
Also does the display on the ProCal 4 shut off?

db_tanker

First Name
Darrell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger / 2018 Honda Civic EX 5 door
Occupation
Process Professional
the right foot would be my first thought?

OP
OP

Verhiz

First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Private Security

wanted33

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, Jeep Wrangler
Occupation
Old used up LEO
@AzScorpion Dave, can you help Evan out of this question?

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
@AzScorpion Dave, can you help Evan out of this question?
Jim I have the Livernois tune but the link that Justin posted above has details of the same problem. Looks like the original file was corrupt.

Evan, I think the ProCal is similar to the MyCal from Livernois and I've heard that Livernois developed the Ford tune. When you go into the menu there should be a place that says Program Vehicle at the top. When you open it the tune should be in there along with the stock tune. If you can't see any difference driving from stock you can try and flash the Ford tune again.

Make sure everything is turned off even the radio and no one opens the doors. Put the ignition to accessory and do not start it. press the Ford tune (I think it's performance cal) in the screen and wait until it's fully loaded. At the end it should say something like turn off for 30 seconds, turn the ignition off and wait then you should be good. If you don't notice/feel any difference then it could be corrupted like in the post above.

wanted33

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, Jeep Wrangler
Occupation
Old used up LEO
Jim I have the Livernois tune but the link that Justin posted above has details of the same problem. Looks like the original file was corrupt.

Evan, I think the ProCal is similar to the MyCal from Livernois and I've heard that Livernois developed the Ford tune. When you go into the menu there should be a place that says Program Vehicle at the top. When you open it the tune should be in there along with the stock tune. If you can't see any difference driving from stock you can try and flash the Ford tune again.

Make sure everything is turned off even the radio and no one opens the doors. Put the ignition to accessory and do not start it. press the Ford tune (I think it's performance cal) in the screen and wait until it's fully loaded. At the end it should say something like turn off for 30 seconds, turn the ignition off and wait then you should be good. If you don't notice/feel any difference then it could be corrupted like in the post above.
You da man Dave. BTW, sent you a PM.

@Verhiz Hope this helps.

OP
OP

Verhiz

First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Private Security

Thanks for the help guys! I got it all figured out. This thing tows my boat like a champ! I couldn’t be happier with my truck!

veloci1

First Name
andres
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger 4wd XLT Ionic Silver.
Thanks for the help guys! I got it all figured out. This thing tows my boat like a champ! I couldn’t be happier with my truck!
quick question for you guys, i got the Ford performance tuner on sale during black Friday and now i am just waiting to receive it.
i have contacted 2 dealers so far and they want $400 to install. i explained that i would download and upload the tuner and all they have to do is just installed on the truck. no discounts, no budging on pricing.
any suggestions? my truck only has 1200 miles and would like to keep the warranty, but, i am having a hard time paying $400 for pushing a couple of buttons. i know that a repair out of warranty will be much more, but, it is just the principle of the thing. i am using a Ford designed tune and tuner and it is not like i am asking them to install a non-ford item.

OP
OP

Verhiz

First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Private Security
quick question for you guys, i got the Ford performance tuner on sale during black Friday and now i am just waiting to receive it.
i have contacted 2 dealers so far and they want $400 to install. i explained that i would download and upload the tuner and all they have to do is just installed on the truck. no discounts, no budging on pricing.
any suggestions? my truck only has 1200 miles and would like to keep the warranty, but, i am having a hard time paying $400 for pushing a couple of buttons. i know that a repair out of warranty will be much more, but, it is just the principle of the thing. i am using a Ford designed tune and tuner and it is not like i am asking them to install a non-ford item.
I went with an ASE certified mechanic. He only charged me 150.

veloci1

First Name
andres
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger 4wd XLT Ionic Silver.
I went with an ASE certified mechanic. He only charged me 150.
thank you. i will try that. The paperwork indicates ASE/Red Seal certified technician . are those hard to find? or is ASE and Red seal 2 different technicians/certifications? i will start looking.

thank you again.

OP
OP

Verhiz

First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Private Security
thank you. i will try that. The paperwork indicates ASE/Red Seal certified technician . are those hard to find? or is ASE and Red seal 2 different technicians/certifications? i will start looking.

thank you again.
Basically you can take it to any mechanic shop. The guy I found specializes in tunes. The Ford dealership actually turned me onto this guy. Red seal from my understanding in a Canadian standard. I could be wrong though.
Sponsored