First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Supercab,302A,FX4 2016Mazda Miata(zoom-zoom) 2007Yamaha FZ1
Occupation
Covid-19 forced retirement
I"m glad cb4017's kit also shipped as I would not want to be put ahead of someone.
Thanks Benny

cb4017

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 F150 Rattler
Occupation
Retired USN and retired LEO

Hairball

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Just finished installing the rears with icon accordion rubber boots for shaft protection. Now to decide if I want to tackle the fronts or take it to the dealer. I want to do it myself and save $375 but am concerned about the warranty. Going to stop by the dealer and talk to the service manager to see what he thinks as I have a good relationship with him.

OP
OP
LevittownFordParts.com

LevittownFordParts.com

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Benny
Threads
Reaction score
Website
LevittownFordParts.com
Vehicle(s)
All Ford's
Just finished installing the rears with icon accordion rubber boots for shaft protection. Now to decide if I want to tackle the fronts or take it to the dealer. I want to do it myself and save $375 but am concerned about the warranty. Going to stop by the dealer and talk to the service manager to see what he thinks as I have a good relationship with him.

See page 3 for warranty details here https://performanceparts.ford.com/download/PDFS/fpp-warranty.pdf

An ASE or RSE certified tech is what they are requiring, It does not have to be a dealer.

-Benny

Hairball

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
I just realized I was thinking about the warranty all wrong. For whatever reason I was thinking installing the kit myself would be bad for the trucks warranty but its to preserve the kits warranty. Duh!!!

cb4017

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 F150 Rattler
Occupation
My Kit arrived today. I have the space, knowledge and tools to install the kit. My plan is to make an appointment for an alignment with a local shop I trust then install the kit the day prior to the appointment.

Thanks Benny.

OP
OP
LevittownFordParts.com

LevittownFordParts.com

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Benny
Threads
Reaction score
Website
LevittownFordParts.com
Vehicle(s)
All Ford's
I just realized I was thinking about the warranty all wrong. For whatever reason I was thinking installing the kit myself would be bad for the trucks warranty but its to preserve the kits warranty. Duh!!!
The kits warranty is only 12 months/12k miles and in order to retain that it's supposed to be installed by a tech. We buy a fair amount of these so our distributor would help us in a bind but we have to recommend it be installed by a tech.

Please let me know if you have any other questions.
Thanks,
-Benny

cb4017

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 F150 Rattler
Occupation
The kits warranty is only 12 months/12k miles and in order to retain that it's supposed to be installed by a tech. We buy a fair amount of these so our distributor would help us in a bind but we have to recommend it be installed by a tech.

Please let me know if you have any other questions.
Thanks,
-Benny
After careful consideration I've decided to let the local Ford Service Department install the leveling struts. They quoted me $420 labor. $510 with an alignment. Yea, I could do it myself but I'm getting old enough that I don't feel like doing it and that seems like a reasonable quote. I'll do the rear shocks myself.

Thanks again Benny.

Hairball

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Finally got the fronts mounted. Decided to have the dealer install them. I told the dealer not to align it if it did not sit level or up to 1/2 inch nose down. I think either the tech that installed the coil-overs or his tape measure need to be recalibrated as the front is 1/4 inch higher that the back. Have to decide if I want to make a stink about or not. Rides a drives great and I think looks good too. Before pic is with rear shocks mounted.

IMG_0282.JPG

IMG_0285.JPG

Last edited:

Ranger_Rocks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat Super Cab FX4 White Platinum
Occupation
Wanderer
Finally got the fronts mounted. Decided to have the dealer install them. I told the dealer not to align it if it did not sit level or up to 1/2 inch nose down. I think either the tech that installed the coil-overs or his tape measure need to be recalibrated as the front is 1/4 inch higher that the back. Have to decide if I want to make a stink about or not. Rides a drives great and I think looks good too. Before pic is with rear shocks mounted.

IMG_0282.JPG

IMG_0285.JPG
I requested my dealer adjust the front 1/2" lower to maintain a slight rake. They didn't, but I'm happy with how it came out. Mine sits level. Love the ride and handling compared to stock.

Later I read this which may be the reason my dealer did not adjust the height.

Not recommended . . .

https://performanceparts.ford.com/part/M-18000-RA

Image 854.png
Sponsored