First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Oh but it does have to do with supply & demand. You are pissed because you don't agree with how a large corporation has chosen to attempt to sell its extremely high demand product to the public through a government mandated dealership system. In a situation like this invariably there will be those happy and those not happy about their decision. If they did it another way..there would still be happy and unhappy potential customers. A corporation does Not care about any individual person or small dealership. It exists for 1 purpose and 1 purpose alone: to make $$ for its shareholders. To expect anything above that is to have unreasonable expectations.
lol...ok you're right! :facepalm:

No I'm pissed because Ford changed the rules and screwed their customers and rewarded the bigger dealerships. If they came out up front and told everyone this was going to be an allocation system. that wold be one thing but they didn't.
Sponsored

Last edited:

dondonbabyraptor

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat
Occupation
I/O Psych MSc student
If I really wanted that meat...I'd get in my new Bronco and drive to the place that had the meat, no matter how big it was. Or I'd eat some chicken..
Haha, I see. Chicken is always good... :crackup: Different vibes. Myself, personally I like personable interactions over big corporate, seems too fake. Almost every time I visit the small guy business or family owned, it's a pleasure to talk and work with them as they care greatly about their customers/business.

OP
OP
AzScorpion

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
If I really wanted that meat...I'd get in my new Bronco and drive to the place that had the meat, no matter how big it was. Or I'd eat some chicken..
No you'd starve because you would get your new Bronco until 2024 unless you paid your BIG dealer a huge ADM for it! :explode:

AdamHarris

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 Black Supercrew
Occupation
Collision Repair Instructor
Vehicle Showcase
Haha, I see. Chicken is always good... :crackup: Different vibes. Myself, personally I like personable interactions over big corporate, seems too fake. Almost every time I visit the small guy business or family owned, it's a pleasure to talk and work with them as they care greatly about their customers/business.
Yep everyone has their own take in life. Do I like to deal with hometown businesses and develop a relationship with them and so fourth when I can, Of Couse I do! However, I'm also a "product based" kinda person and I just want what I want and the acquisition of that product is of less importance to me than the product itself.

dondonbabyraptor

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat
Occupation
I/O Psych MSc student
Yep everyone has their own take in life. Do I like to deal with hometown businesses and develop a relationship with them and so fourth when I can, Of Couse I do! However, I'm also a "product based" kinda person and I just want what I want and the acquisition of that product is of less importance to me than the product itself.
Definitely understood. I can be the same way at times, I guess it's what rubs us right at the right time.

AdamHarris

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
No you'd starve because you would get your new Bronco until 2024 unless you paid your BIG dealer a huge ADM for it! :explode:
Oh you are Totally right I'm not paying some ridiculous markup for ANY vehicle from ANY dealership. The small ones are doing it too, I posted about a small town Ford place in Parson TN that has their one mannequin program Bronco at a 10k markup, and you cant have it until Jan 22..

As the former Editor of Bronco Driver Magazine no one would love to have a New Bronco more than me, but I'm just gonna have to wait it out. Supply will have to catch up to demand.

OP
OP
AzScorpion

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Oh you are Totally right I'm not paying some ridiculous markup for ANY vehicle from ANY dealership. The small ones are doing it too, I posted about a small town Ford place in Parson TN that has their one mannequin program Bronco at a 10k markup, and you cant have it until Jan 22..

As the former Editor of Bronco Driver Magazine no one would love to have a New Bronco more than me, but I'm just gonna have to wait it out. Supply will have to catch up to demand.
That's why most of us went with Granger Ford in IA. A small town family dealership who wasn't charging any markups. They were charging invoice and ran an October '20 special which included an additional $2K off.

If Ford didn't change the rules to benefit the larger dealerships then everyone would be getting theirs next year. Plus Ford also said NO dealer will receiver inventory until all customer orders are filled. Another lie because now these large dealers ARE getting dealer stock before us reservation holders get ours.

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 1973 Mercury Capri
Vehicle Showcase
Oh but it does have to do with supply & demand. You are pissed because you don't agree with how a large corporation has chosen to attempt to sell its extremely high demand product to the public through a government mandated dealership system. In a situation like this invariably there will be those happy and those not happy about their decision. If they did it another way..there would still be happy and unhappy potential customers. A corporation does Not care about any individual person or small dealership. It exists for 1 purpose and 1 purpose alone: to make $$ for its shareholders. To expect anything above that is to have unreasonable expectations.
I think the biggest issue is that Ford changed the rules mid stream - if they had set it up this way in the beginning at least people would know what to expect, but they started out one way, and people acted accordingly, and now Ford has gone and changed the rules on everyone.

I really don't think this is making Ford more money - the ADM isn't going back to Ford, it is going to the dealerships.

To me it is an integrity issue and Ford completely blew it. I hope it comes back to haunt them.

OP
OP
AzScorpion

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
I think the biggest issue is that Ford changed the rules mid stream - if they had set it up this way in the beginning at least people would know what to expect, but they started out one way, and people acted accordingly, and now Ford has gone and changed the rules on everyone.

I really don't think this is making Ford more money - the ADM isn't going back to Ford, it is going to the dealerships.

To me it is an integrity issue and Ford completely blew it. I hope it comes back to haunt them.
Exactly this! There were many who were Tweeting Mike Levine on Saturday and his only (arrogant) response was "change dealers if you want yours sooner". Which 1: isn't that easy because you're now at the bottom of their list and 2: we shouldn't have to if you kept your original deal.

It will be interesting to see if Ford does anything about this because trust me there are a lot of very mad people who just found out they might not theirs for another 3-4 years.

AdamHarris

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase

Yes but its Their Game and its Their rules. Does it seem like a good decision? No. They have the product and we are all at their mercy as to how we can acquire that product. Ford has made dumb corporate decisions before so this wouldn't be the first and won't be the last.

The perception is that Ford corporate lets its dealers have free reign (whether that's good or bad) more so than other Car companies, but who knows. The dealership system is this country is protected by law so that is what it is.

They are a corporation, they don't have any integrity. They exist to make $$$$

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 1973 Mercury Capri
Vehicle Showcase
Yes but its Their Game and its Their rules. Does it seem like a good decision? No. They have the product and we are all at their mercy as to how we can acquire that product. Ford has made dumb corporate decisions before so this wouldn't be the first and won't be the last.

The perception is that Ford corporate lets its dealers have free reign (whether that's good or bad) more so than other Car companies, but who knows. The dealership system is this country is protected by law so that is what it is.

But I don't understand this decision because this decision does NOT make THEM (Ford) more money - the additional money will be going exclusively to the large dealers, not Ford. All this has done is piss off a LOT of customers and give the Ford brand a bad reputation - you can't believe what they tell you. Maybe they think the Bronco is the best thing ever and people will just take it, but I'm not sure that is true. Time will tell. It has certainly tarnished my view of them and I don't even have a stake in this (I haven't ordered a Bronco).

OP
OP
AzScorpion

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee

True but as Rob said Ford is making the same money whether they sell to a large or small dealer. It seems like the larger dealers strong armed Ford into changing the rules because they weren't getting a lot of reservations and the smaller dealers were. In other words they couldn't screw over their customers with larger markups and were mad.

Every dealer in my surrounding area is msrp or more. So Traveling to IA to save $3,500 was a no brainer and we get to have a nice vacation driving back to AZ. For me it's about integrity and this just shows Ford has NONE!

chrshale

First Name
Christin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Ducati tech, Carpenter, OTR flatbed
Ford really just screwed Bronco order holders again! They put out their new allocation formula yesterday for the '22 year and it's basically screwing over every small dealership that has a Bronco reservation and rewarding big dealerships. Ford initially said the EVERY order would be filled by reservation timestamp but then the larger dealerships complained and Ford changed to an allocation system.

In other words a small town dealership like Granger Ford in IA where me and Jim @wanted33 bought ours who has 1075 orders will only get 150-220 at best filed in 2022. At this rate I'd be lucky to see mine until 2024, right in time for the next Gen Bronco! :mad:

I know I've said I'm a huge Ford fanboy but honestly Ford can go #@!& themself if this is how they're going to treat their customers and their smaller dealers. This is what they want to do going forward, a reservation based system where you have to special order your vehicle and only have limited dealer stock. I know other launches might not be as disastrous as the Bronco launch as there was a 25 year hiatus but it's still a BS move by Ford to change the rules to benefit their big time dealers instead of HONORING their original agreement. There are a lot of unhappy Bronco order holders now and I hope Ford gets an earful in the coming weeks, probably won't do any good though. Sorry for the long rant but it's not the news I wanted to hear this Saturday morning. /rant over....for now :sunglasses:
Call the Ford consumer service group. I recently dealt with them on an entirely unrelated matter and found them to be very attentive.

OP
OP
AzScorpion

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Call the Ford consumer service group. I recently dealt with them on an entirely unrelated matter and found them to be very attentive.
Thanks, I'll give that a try. I don't do any social media but I know others have been inundating Ford with Tweets and Facebook messages.

What part of MA are you from? I grew up in WMA just outside Springfield.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.