First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Ranger Tremor, 73 Bronco
Occupation
Retired Navy Officer
The problem is there's a national backorder so "correcting the issue in a reasonable amount of time" is beyond their control. The dealer would love for him to back out as they would just resell it at a higher markup. The lemon law only applies to a person if they've brought their vehicle back so many times and the problem hasn't been corrected, that's not the problem here.

You're lucky the loaner is in your warranty because dealers are under no obligation to provide you one. It's just a courtesy some will do. But there's a shortage of those too. :facepalm:
World has gone insane... you can quote me on this. Just a though here, how can they cancel the sale then under this issue blocking sale/delivery, resell it at a higher price... doesn't sound real kosher... back to the insane part right?
Sponsored

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
World has gone insane... you can quote me on this. Just a though here, how can they cancel the sale then under this issue blocking sale/delivery, resell it at a higher price... doesn't sound real kosher... back to the insane part right?
I agree the world has/is gone insane! All the dealer has to do is sell it to someone willing to pay more and who doesn't mind waiting for the recall to be fixed. That's why unless the OP can find another Ranger at a reasonable price, he's better off hanging on to this one for now.

These past couple years remind me of the movie (name not the actual movie) it's a Mad,Mad,Mad,Mad world. Crazy times we're living in! :crazy:

canyonslicker

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
65 YO Juvenile Delinquent
I agree the world has/is gone insane! All the dealer has to do is sell it to someone willing to pay more and who doesn't mind waiting for the recall to be fixed. That's why unless the OP can find another Ranger at a reasonable price, he's better off hanging on to this one for now.

These past couple years remind me of the movie (name not the actual movie) it's a Mad,Mad,Mad,Mad world. Crazy times we're living in! :crazy:
Donnie Darko??

Motorpsychology

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger STX SuperCab 4X4, '09 Mariner
Occupation
Vagabond
I agree the world has/is gone insane! All the dealer has to do is sell it to someone willing to pay more...
That could come back to bite the dlr when times improve and extra allocation is available.
The original 1963 version with Phil Silvers, Don Knotts Jonathan Winters Ethyl Merman and a thousand more was my favorite

Grady

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Ranger FX4, 17 Subaru BRZ Yellow, 11 Evora
Occupation
Manager
I have to agree with you on Insane. But this is completely due to the sue happy world we live in where no one takes responsibility of their actions. The purchaser could know about the recall, take delivery, belt his kid in the back and get in an accident where his child dies. It would be Fords fault and they would have to pay millions.

FYI they did not cancel the sale, they just will not deliver the vehicle until The recall is complete.

Silver

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Ranger Tremor, 73 Bronco
Occupation
Retired Navy Officer
I have to agree with you on Insane. But this is completely due to the sue happy world we live in where no one takes responsibility of their actions. The purchaser could know about the recall, take delivery, belt his kid in the back and get in an accident where his child dies. It would be Fords fault and they would have to pay millions.

FYI they did not cancel the sale, they just will not deliver the vehicle until The recall is complete.
Here, Here! Understand the sale is done, delivery pending, which is where I apply the responsibility piece you spoke to, give the man a loaner already! Something recall free even.

Motorpsychology

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger STX SuperCab 4X4, '09 Mariner
Occupation
Vagabond

Correct on the stop delivery, customer order and dealer stock. I'm not a trial lawyer, but I have watched a lot of Law & Order reruns. Notice has been sent out to the owners of the affected vehicles explaining in plain language the scope of the recall, compliance, potential dangers the defect, and remedy. Also provided is contact information via Internet, Postal and telephone for further Q&A.
There are instructions included to test if the seatbelt is defective (mine wasn't) and exhorts you to have the seatbelt checked by a Ford dealer regardless. they go on to say: "If you do not feel comfortable performing this inspection yourself or if you are uncertain of the results, stop driving your vehicle and call your dealer without delay... "
The recall specifically says: "Ford has not (their underline)issued instructions to stop driving your vehicle under this compliance recall."

And:
"Ford Motor Company can deny coverage for any vehicle damage that may result from the failure to have this recall performed on a timely basis. Therefore, please have this recall performed as soon as possible."
Ford says they and/or my dealer will notify me when parts are in, but I haven't seen anything yet. Rumor says early 2022.

They covered their bases pretty well and put the onus on the owner/operator of the vehicle to make the decision to keep driving it or not. Two full pages telling me a seatbelt thingy might be bad.
Sponsored