OP
OP
TORQUERULES

TORQUERULES

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
Of course I already received the file from Super Fast Torrie! I'll be loading it up shortly! I'll let you know my thoughts. Thanks!
Did he add the Sport mode throttle tables to Normal mode as well? It really makes things nice. I had him add a couple of other tweaks, but they are kind of specific to my mods and what I have seen my truck do (such as WOT shift point, etc.). Sent him lots of logs...
Sponsored

landiscarrier

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger Lariat, Focus ST
Occupation
Sales
Did he add the Sport mode throttle tables to Normal mode as well? It really makes things nice. I had him add a couple of other tweaks, but they are kind of specific to my mods and what I have seen my truck do (such as WOT shift point, etc.). Sent him lots of logs...
I just asked him if he would share the tune with me and he sent me a file. Ha!
I just drove about 15 miles with it and I really like it! Throttle is more responsive but not sport more responsive and it definitely seems like it shifts smoother!

CompDude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Lariat Rapid Red
Occupation
PAID GEEK
I just drove about 15 miles with it and I really like it! Throttle is more responsive but not sport more responsive and it definitely seems like it shifts smoother!
So is the 600 kit the cheapest way to get started with a tune from them?

OP
OP
TORQUERULES

TORQUERULES

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
The transmission will adapt a little (I doubt that can be programmed out without completely starting from scratch with what is a very complex 10 speed gearbox), so be aware of that, but your driving habits dictate most of that. What I have found is that if you have had to drive in too much stop and go and the trans starts to adapt to a strategy that does not seem comfortable, a simple KAM clear with the tuner will set things right and takes seconds to complete. I have not had to do this with this tune, but with others I have. It is just the nature of the overall adaptive strategy of these transmissions and their controls. If someone had the time and knowledge to start from scratch and program this transmission without an adaptive strategy as its backdrop, they would become rich. I can only imagine what kind of undertaking that would be. Even with Ford's resources, they still did not get it right obviously.

OP
OP
TORQUERULES

TORQUERULES

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
So is the 600 kit the cheapest way to get started with a tune from them?
That is on par with most tuners out there. But once you get set up, you can have changes same day most cases or within 24 hours. This is what I have seen with Torrie/Unleashed.

CompDude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Lariat Rapid Red
Occupation
PAID GEEK
That is on par with most tuners out there. But once you get set up, you can have changes same day most cases or within 24 hours. This is what I have seen with Torrie/Unleashed.
Have not done a tune on any vehicle but I definitely used forscan on several. The improved shifting patterns greatly interest me

landiscarrier

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger Lariat, Focus ST
Occupation
Sales
Have not done a tune on any vehicle but I definitely used forscan on several. The improved shifting patterns greatly interest me
I’ve tried a bunch of tuners and You really can’t go wrong with a tune from Unleashed. Smooth, safe, reliable, more power. Unleashed tuned my last 2 Focus ST’s too.

Racket

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lariat Supercrew 2WD
Occupation
Transient
Aside from the power potential the tuners offer, there seems to be only a couple who get the transmission integrated nicely.

If you are tight on money, hold out until holiday sales and/or rebate incentives roll around.

I think I paid around $400 with an Unleashed tune included for the SCT way back.

Groo

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger 2020
Occupation
Gainfully umployed 5 Pointed Star
Groo here
I also found the engine staying in to high a gear at lower speeds.
I have started to use sport where the speeds are under 50 mph and
up shift to drive above that.
The problem with being in S all the time is you lose the top 2 gears and
"I think" the trans lockup allowing slip/lower mileage.
This may be in tow/haul too.
So running at or above 1500rpm and to about 2000rpm seems the sweet spot.
Doing this with a tune but keeping the lockup and top gears sounds great.
please kip us informed.......

landiscarrier

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger Lariat, Focus ST
Occupation
Sales
Groo here
I also found the engine staying in to high a gear at lower speeds.
I have started to use sport where the speeds are under 50 mph and
up shift to drive above that.
The problem with being in S all the time is you lose the top 2 gears and
"I think" the trans lockup allowing slip/lower mileage.
This may be in tow/haul too.
So running at or above 1500rpm and to about 2000rpm seems the sweet spot.
Doing this with a tune but keeping the lockup and top gears sounds great.
please kip us informed.......
Unleashed standard (of the shelf) tune will keep your truck out of 9th and 10th gear until you're around 60-65mph and holding steady at that speed. This improved tune from Unleashed and Torquerules seems to make the transmission shift even smoother and hold the upshifting in the lower gears a little longer. That's been my findings.

OP
OP
TORQUERULES

TORQUERULES

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
Unleashed standard (of the shelf) tune will keep your truck out of 9th and 10th gear until you're around 60-65mph and holding steady at that speed. This improved tune from Unleashed and Torquerules seems to make the transmission shift even smoother and hold the upshifting in the lower gears a little longer. That's been my findings.
Smooth, but still quick and firm. Took the jerkiness out. Sport mode still aggressive.
Sponsored