Sponsored

landiscarrier

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger Lariat, Focus ST
Occupation
Sales
I believe yellow works better in fog and snow. That being said I have the DD SS3 Max in white/clear and they are amazing!

Bravohook

First Name
Addame
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT FX4
Occupation
Sheepdog
I'm going to upgrade my front lights to Auxitos. What would yall do for foglights? The white leds (same as low beams) look good but the yellow fogs probably work better in the snow. How much better? It seems more people in the LED bulb thread went with white.

I went Yellow/Amber, but it didn't really matter the led headlight bulbs are so bright they drown out the fogs.....

RodyKity

First Name
Rody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
I gotta say both yellow and white fog lights are available as options because they have their own advantages and weaknesses:

Yellow fog lights:
  • Stronger penetration.
  • Ease of contact with the human eye.
  • Yellow fog lights cut well through different environmental conditions capable of affecting vision.
White fog lights:
  • brings some straightforwardness, which numerous vehicle owners appreciate.
  • It is adaptable, which infers that you can utilize it as a standard vehicle light.
  • It is exceptionally brilliant and can carry great enlightenment to dark spots.
For me I got the yellow led fog lights from AUXITO, it's very bright and beautiful, great light pattern, but i don't recommend halogen fog light, it's way too dim. Hope these can help you guys.

1656922478153.png

micl9

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Fx4 302A
Vehicle Showcase
I've got switchbacks, so both!

Synfulz

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger FX4 Diesel :)
Occupation
Retired Powerplant Operator
Vehicle Showcase
I changed to yellow myself. Here in the Philippines I live near a mountainous area and it rains plenty. So the yellow seems to do a better job of improving the nightview of wet foggy roads.

20220704_211428.jpg

FLMoto

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT
Occupation
Project Manger
I’ve always been partial to yellow fog lights. Added yellow Lamin-X film to the stock housings as I’ve done to other vehicles.

Todd Chapin

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 crewcab lariat fx4
Occupation
Chef
I have had my dd ss3 pro ambers for a few months and still amazed how well they illuminate the road. Also very glad I payed someone to install and adjust them perfectly because these suckers are bright!

20220424_160713.jpg

deleriumtremor

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Occupation
Retired
I have Diode Dynamics yellow fogs. Very impressed with them. Especially in inclement weather. Yellow gives a great contrast.
With those do you get flashed much by oncoming traffic (more than before you installed them)?

Bob902

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT
Occupation
RETIRED!!!!
With those do you get flashed much by oncoming traffic (more than before you installed them)?
Not at all. Their throw is not high at all. The throw is low and really wide. If they are adjusted correct, you shouldn’t have any problems. The adjustment would be super critical if you go with the white over yellow

deleriumtremor

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Occupation
Retired
Not at all. Their throw is not high at all. The throw is low and really wide. If they are adjusted correct, you shouldn’t have any problems. The adjustment would be super critical if you go with the white over yellow
The yellow fogs look perfect for my needs. They just looked so bright I wanted to make sure it wasn't a constant irritant for anyone coming toward you. Thanks.

Bob902

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT
Occupation
RETIRED!!!!
The yellow fogs look perfect for my needs. They just looked so bright I wanted to make sure it wasn't a constant irritant for anyone coming toward you. Thanks.
I’m super pleased with my yellow fogs

OP
OP
MountainGoat

MountainGoat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT Sport 4x4
I gotta say both yellow and white fog lights are available as options because they have their own advantages and weaknesses:

Yellow fog lights:
  • Stronger penetration.
  • Ease of contact with the human eye.
  • Yellow fog lights cut well through different environmental conditions capable of affecting vision.
White fog lights:
  • brings some straightforwardness, which numerous vehicle owners appreciate.
  • It is adaptable, which infers that you can utilize it as a standard vehicle light.
  • It is exceptionally brilliant and can carry great enlightenment to dark spots.
For me I got the yellow led fog lights from AUXITO, it's very bright and beautiful, great light pattern, but i don't recommend halogen fog light, it's way too dim. Hope these can help you guys.

1656922478153.png
That's what I bought. Auxito yellows and very happy with them.

Todd Chapin

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 crewcab lariat fx4
Occupation
Chef
I have not once been flashed. They have to be adjusted as the instructions list.