Foglight bulbs - White Vs Yellow

Foglight bulbs - White Vs Yellow

• Total voters

MountainGoat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT Sport 4x4
I'm going to upgrade my front lights to Auxitos. What would yall do for foglights? The white leds (same as low beams) look good but the yellow fogs probably work better in the snow. How much better? It seems more people in the LED bulb thread went with white.
Sponsored

9zero1790

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 super crew fx4 sport
Occupation
air breather
i had white and went to yellow / amber. They work well in heavy rain and in dust like on dry dirt roads and deep loose gravel. seems like they do not reflect back as much to the driver as a white. I am sure they would help in snow also just cant speak on it since it is only about 3 days a year i get snow lol.

D Fresh

Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Lariat FX4, '17 FiST, '16 CX-5, '95 YJ
Occupation
Milkman
I've always used driving lights, white, over fogs, amber.

We really just don't get that much fog out here.

When I installed my Baja Designs Squadron Pros in the fog pockets I went with an amber lense this time. I had run them with a clear lense in a previous vehicle so I knew what to expect in that configuration.

The amber looks cool from outside of the vehicle. But it seems to be about 60% as effective as the white from inside the cab.

I use aux lights to see better. Not necessarily to look cool. I'll be going back to a clear lense next time I take the front end apart.

Langwilliams

First Name
Langley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT, 2014 Harley Street Glide
Occupation
Mail Carrier (retired) Navy Vet
I wanted to vote for both since I have dual element LEDs. You turn them on an they default white. Turn them off an right back on an they change to the yellow LEDs. I like the white for back country roads, they seem to light up the side of the road where animals might run out from. In snow an wet roads the yellow help show the contrast of the lines to the wet road surface.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1542658524...A6k0u4MCMQ%3D%3D|clp:2334524|tkp:BFBMspbvj-xf

Frenchy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger, 2019 cargo van, soon to be 1993
Occupation
Crown Forklift Technician
I'm going to upgrade my front lights to Auxitos. What would yall do for foglights? The white leds (same as low beams) look good but the yellow fogs probably work better in the snow. How much better? It seems more people in the LED bulb thread went with white.
First off do yourself a favor and dont put I drop IN LED lights as they will cause glare(trust me I know).

Second it would be better to use yellow over white for fog lights as they help with inclement weather(Rain, Snow and Fog for example).

My suggestion if you want an led is to replace the entire assembly.

Toytec

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT 302a S/cab 4X4 w/diff lock MG
Occupation
Automotive technician, Retired.
Vehicle Showcase
I tried out the white led's (auxito) in the OE fog lights and left them in I liked them so much. They seem to go hand in hand with my Luxx headlamps.
For everyday dry weather driving this is fine. But there are those certain times when a good set of yellow fog lights come in pretty handy.
Since there's so much space in the lower grill I installed a pair there so I have best of both. Very happy with all the lighting.

OP
OP
MountainGoat

MountainGoat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I wanted to vote for both since I have dual element LEDs. You turn them on an they default white. Turn them off an right back on an they change to the yellow LEDs. I like the white for back country roads, they seem to light up the side of the road where animals might run out from. In snow an wet roads the yellow help show the contrast of the lines to the wet road surface.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/154265852475?
That's pretty nice. That is the correct part for Rangers? Ebay says it doesn't fit.

OP
OP
MountainGoat

MountainGoat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I tried out the white led's (auxito) in the OE fog lights and left them in I liked them so much. They seem to go hand in hand with my Luxx headlamps.
For everyday dry weather driving this is fine. But there are those certain times when a good set of yellow fog lights come in pretty handy.
Since there's so much space in the lower grill I installed a pair there so I have best of both. Very happy with all the lighting.
Yeah I like the whites too. Having two different color lights is kinda ricey to me but if yellow is really that much better practically I might get them, eh.

First off do yourself a favor and dont put I drop IN LED lights as they will cause glare(trust me I know).

Second it would be better to use yellow over white for fog lights as they help with inclement weather(Rain, Snow and Fog for example).

My suggestion if you want an led is to replace the entire assembly.
I read through most of the 46 page LED light thread and they didn't seem as bad as they used to be provided the headlights are adjusted.

Frenchy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger, 2019 cargo van, soon to be 1993
Occupation
Crown Forklift Technician
Yeah I like the whites too. Having two different color lights is kinda ricey to me but if yellow is really that much better practically I might get them, eh.

I read through most of the 46 page LED light thread and they didn't seem as bad as they used to be provided the headlights are adjusted.
Regardless what others think the drop in led lights will cause glare. Again, if you want led fog lights get a replacement assembly. There are plenty of good options on the market

OP
OP
MountainGoat

MountainGoat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I have Diode Dynamics yellow fogs. Very impressed with them. Especially in inclement weather. Yellow gives a great contrast.
I like those too. I wasn't really planning on getting them anytime soon cause if I do I want the max model and they're expensive. But I can replace all the lights with better bulbs for $100, feels like a no brainer.

Bob902

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT
Occupation
RETIRED!!!!
I like those too. I wasn't really planning on getting them anytime soon cause if I do I want the max model and they're expensive. But I can replace all the lights with better bulbs for $100, feels like a no brainer.
I waited until they had a sale. I have the max and they are amazing.
Sponsored