First truck, First Ford, New to the Board

Tracy Bowman

First Name
Tracy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Hyundai Accent, 2001 Ford F-150, 2019 Ford Ranger FX4 Saber Lariat
After driving non-pickups for my entire life I finally got wise. Actually, it was my last camping trip in my wife's Subaru Forester, with my family of four plus a dog stuffed to gills, I made the decision to buy a truck. Initially, I was considering a Tacoma because, well everyone has a Tacoma here in Southern California. I wasn't completely won over by the price tag (with everything I wanted) and crampy driving position. On a whim I went to the Ford dealer and drove the Ranger. This was the winner. So I picked what I wanted... Ranger Lariat Fx4 in either Carbonized Gray or Iconic Silver. Took the buyer a few weeks to find the exact one. I guess supply is getting limited. The one he found had the Sports Appearance package on it, which I didn't consider in the beginning but dang those dark gray trimmings look so good on it.

So far it's been great. I am about 700 miles in. I've installed the rear damper, Undercover swing box, bed rug, and tonneau cover. Mostly minor items at this point. I've debadged the FX4 and did my own thing by drawing out the early 80s Ranger logo and added to it. I eventually want to add a bed rack and a roof top tent but that's for another day, and a fuller wallet.

Thanks to the board for all the information about all the possibilities for my new truck.

I've taken her out on a few off road excursions but nothing too rough. Too new to do that yet. Here's some photos from this past weekend.

- JR

IMG_0469.jpg
IMG_0476.jpg
IMG_0478.jpg
Welcome! Beautiful Ranger!
Sponsored

P. A. Schilke

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat 4x4, 2020 Lincoln Nautilus, 2005 Alfa Motorhome
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
After driving non-pickups for my entire life I finally got wise. Actually, it was my last camping trip in my wife's Subaru Forester, with my family of four plus a dog stuffed to gills, I made the decision to buy a truck. Initially, I was considering a Tacoma because, well everyone has a Tacoma here in Southern California. I wasn't completely won over by the price tag (with everything I wanted) and crampy driving position. On a whim I went to the Ford dealer and drove the Ranger. This was the winner. So I picked what I wanted... Ranger Lariat Fx4 in either Carbonized Gray or Iconic Silver. Took the buyer a few weeks to find the exact one. I guess supply is getting limited. The one he found had the Sports Appearance package on it, which I didn't consider in the beginning but dang those dark gray trimmings look so good on it.

So far it's been great. I am about 700 miles in. I've installed the rear damper, Undercover swing box, bed rug, and tonneau cover. Mostly minor items at this point. I've debadged the FX4 and did my own thing by drawing out the early 80s Ranger logo and added to it. I eventually want to add a bed rack and a roof top tent but that's for another day, and a fuller wallet.

Thanks to the board for all the information about all the possibilities for my new truck.

I've taken her out on a few off road excursions but nothing too rough. Too new to do that yet. Here's some photos from this past weekend.

- JR

IMG_0469.jpg
IMG_0476.jpg
IMG_0478.jpg
Hi Joshua,

Welcome to the world of Pick Up trucks and to the Ford family. I think you will find that Ford Tough means something more that Marketing hype. We test to 150,000 miles for a 90 percentile customer. I hope you find this vehicle will give you excellent service for its useful life.

best,
Phil Schilke
Ranger Vehicle Engineering
Ford Motor Co. Retired

aeroshots

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger
From their website:
Crawl 4 the Cure

A charitable event where off-road vehicle enthusiasts raise money for the National Multiple Sclerosis Society, Upper Midwest Chapter. We welcome all makes and models of off-highway vehicles and encourage family and friends to join in.

They just happen to use a Jeep but all vehicles are welcome. Great charity in my opinion.
Well, I'm confused. I don't see it, but I support and assist that event and have been to it for the past 11 or so years. Maybe innerweb magic since I'm on a jeep Rubicon forum as much as here and the video I'm thinking your seeing is in my signature over there. I'm easily confused these days though ?. Or, it's in my signature here too and doesn't show in the mobile app where I view this forum. ????

puckdodger

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Black Lariat 2020 SOLD Black Cadillac XT5
Nice truck, welcome aboard?

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Well, I'm confused. I don't see it, but I support and assist that event and have been to it for the past 11 or so years. Maybe innerweb magic since I'm on a jeep Rubicon forum as much as here and the video I'm thinking your seeing is in my signature over there. I'm easily confused these days though ?. Or, it's in my signature here too and doesn't show in the mobile app where I view this forum. ????
It's in your sig and has been there for a while now. I always wondered why you have a jeep there too. It's probably to large to show up on a mobile. :)

IMG_4221.jpg

BDoc

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat FX4 SCrew
Occupation
US Air Force, retired; now Civil Service (USAF)
Vehicle Showcase
welcome to the forum
Im just simply an asshole.
Now THAT's how to do a proper introduction :LOL:

Joshua - welcome to the forum. Great looking truck and, as others mentioned, those bed decals are awesome!

FoD

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 Chrome Iconic Silver
Occupation
COO of Dave's DeeZee Enterprising
Vehicle Showcase
Hi Joshua.

Great color choice! Most of the 'crumbs' here will be grouchy-smurfs at best because they chose poorly colorwise and especially in regards to the DeeZee. ;):angel:

Have fun with your truck and wherever it takes you!!

wanted33

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, Jeep Wrangler
Occupation
Old used up LEO
What is the model of your damper? <G>
@atomicseed
Welcome to the forum Joshua, and congratulations on the new Ranger. Enjoy, it's a beauty :like:

BTW, after you've been here a while you'll get the damper question. It's all on our friend, and local "damper" pusher Dave. @AzScorpion :turkey: :)

wanted33

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Old used up LEO
welcome to the forum
Im just simply an asshole.
Well we were taught growing up that honesty is the best policy. :giggle:
Dave, we all know there's nothing "simple" about our local curmudgeon RP. I think he was just being humble when he said he was "simply an asshole". We all know that he's much more than that. :bandit: :turkey::turkey::turkey::turkey::turkey:

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Dave, we all know there's nothing "simple" about our local curmudgeon RP. I think he was just being humble when he said he was "simply an asshole". We all know that he's much more than that. :bandit: :turkey::turkey::turkey::turkey::turkey:
Jim one thing about RP is he's honest and he speaks his mind. Sometime's it's a little harsh but he never hides who he is and I respect that. ?

wanted33

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Old used up LEO
Jim one thing about RP is he's honest and he speaks his mind. Sometime's it's a little harsh but he never hide who he is and I respect that. ?
So true, and I have no problem with that. With so many fakes running around old RP is the real deal. But, I question if he's a real Canadian. Every one I've ever met have been the nicest people. ??

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
So true, and I have no problem with that. With so many fakes running around old RP is the real deal. But, I question if he's a real Canadian. Every one I've ever met have been the nicest people. ??
He could be a transplant from Massachusetts. You know we were labeled as Massholes there. ?
Sponsored