First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4
Occupation
Graphic Designer
After driving non-pickups for my entire life I finally got wise. Actually, it was my last camping trip in my wife's Subaru Forester, with my family of four plus a dog stuffed to gills, I made the decision to buy a truck. Initially, I was considering a Tacoma because, well everyone has a Tacoma here in Southern California. I wasn't completely won over by the price tag (with everything I wanted) and crampy driving position. On a whim I went to the Ford dealer and drove the Ranger. This was the winner. So I picked what I wanted... Ranger Lariat Fx4 in either Carbonized Gray or Iconic Silver. Took the buyer a few weeks to find the exact one. I guess supply is getting limited. The one he found had the Sports Appearance package on it, which I didn't consider in the beginning but dang those dark gray trimmings look so good on it.

So far it's been great. I am about 700 miles in. I've installed the rear damper, Undercover swing box, bed rug, and tonneau cover. Mostly minor items at this point. I've debadged the FX4 and did my own thing by drawing out the early 80s Ranger logo and added to it. I eventually want to add a bed rack and a roof top tent but that's for another day, and a fuller wallet.

Thanks to the board for all the information about all the possibilities for my new truck.

I've taken her out on a few off road excursions but nothing too rough. Too new to do that yet. Here's some photos from this past weekend.

- JR

IMG_0469.jpg
IMG_0476.jpg
IMG_0478.jpg
Sponsored

Radioman

First Name
Kent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat SuperCrew 4x2, 2017 Toyota Limited Highlander w/Platinum Pkg., 2012 Jeep JK Rubicon
Occupation
Retired RF Telecommications Manager
After driving non-pickups for my entire life I finally got wise. Actually, it was my last camping trip in my wife's Subaru Forester, with my family of four plus a dog stuffed to gills, I made the decision to buy a truck. Initially, I was considering a Tacoma because, well everyone has a Tacoma here in Southern California. I wasn't completely won over by the price tag (with everything I wanted) and crampy driving position. On a whim I went to the Ford dealer and drove the Ranger. This was the winner. So I picked what I wanted... Ranger Lariat Fx4 in either Carbonized Gray or Iconic Silver. Took the buyer a few weeks to find the exact one. I guess supply is getting limited. The one he found had the Sports Appearance package on it, which I didn't consider in the beginning but dang those dark gray trimmings look so good on it.

So far it's been great. I am about 700 miles in. I've installed the rear damper, Undercover swing box, bed rug, and tonneau cover. Mostly minor items at this point. I've debadged the FX4 and did my own thing by drawing out the early 80s Ranger logo and added to it. I eventually want to add a bed rack and a roof top tent but that's for another day, and a fuller wallet.

Thanks to the board for all the information about all the possibilities for my new truck.

I've taken her out on a few off road excursions but nothing too rough. Too new to do that yet. Here's some photos from this past weekend.

- JR

IMG_0469.jpg
IMG_0476.jpg
IMG_0478.jpg
Congratulations on your new Ranger. It looks very nice.

Many happy motoring days....

Radioman

First Name
Kent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat SuperCrew 4x2, 2017 Toyota Limited Highlander w/Platinum Pkg., 2012 Jeep JK Rubicon
Occupation
Retired RF Telecommications Manager

Tom_C

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat SuperCab FX4
Occupation
System Admin
Welcome. I'm not new to trucks, but my only prior truck was for recreation, and it served me well (pre-taco, 1993 extended cab yota). Talked myself into a new truck before we retire and move to the mountain, you know, *reasons*. I love the ranger. 1000 miles so far. Love it everyday.

DukeCanBuildit

First Name
Duke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
Husband-Caregiver
Vehicle Showcase
Welcome to the forum Joshua.

Something tells me those rear bed decals are going to be a popular item with the other Lariat owners. You better stock up on vinyl.