First Time Ford/Truck owner, few questions and concerns!

wanted33

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, Jeep Wrangler
Occupation
Old used up LEO
Welcome, it's a good looking truck for sure. Most all of your questions have been answered, so I'll take the easy one. Floor mats come with the STX package, so just stop buy the dealer and tell them you want yours. They are probably laying somewhere in the prep shop. Enjoy that Ranger.
Sponsored

Last edited:

JeffWoodall

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger STX 4X4
Occupation
Security, Retired military (20 yrs), retired law enforcement (15 yrs)
Vehicle Showcase
The tailgate damper will change your life...get it ASAP. Everything else is secondary.

Motorpsychology

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger STX SuperCab 4X4, '09 Mariner
Occupation
Vagabond
We just picked ours up 5/5/21. Drove it 17 miles home, put the luggage in the Super- part of the cab and took off for the Black Hills. Drove out on US 212 thru MN and SD, all over the Black Hills, and then I-90 East at 80mph against a crosswind most of the way home. 1815 miles on it now. I ordered mine with the factory carpeting & all-weather floor mats and splashguards. The tray-style AW mats are thinner than Weathertechs, but fit very well. I have an Access soft roll up tonneau installed which is pretty water tight; little bit of minor puddling at the corners of the bed after a spray car wash.
I let it sit overnight in my garage when we got home and the oil level was exactly on the full dot.
It seems that either the "popular" fuel in oil problem has been solved, or it is still a hit or miss malady, or breaking it in with hours-long drives is beneficial, or some combination of all three.
Highest mpg: 23.8 thru western MN, lowest mpg 15.3 Wall, SD- Sioux Falls, SD.; 87-88 oct E0 or E10. The Owners Manual calls for 87 oct minimum, which I plan to use most of the time. I filled with 88 oct E0 or E10 in SD while in the Black Hills for the 7-10% grades. Truck was unladen with just the two of us, and never had any knock or pinging. I would fill with 91 oct if loaded and/or pulling a trailer, as the manual recommends.

I joined this thread about 18 months ago while I still had my '18 Escape, just to look over everyone's shoulder at their ownership experience. I never had a problem with that car, but there is a known widespread problem with coolant intrusion into the cylinders mainly with the 1.5 (what mine was) but also the 2.0. The only engine failure I have come across on Ranger 5G involved a Ranger that had a tune, and there was some debate whether the tune caused the failure or not.

I know, I know: "pics, or it didn't happen." My ramps are in and I should get my 303 Graphene Nanospray delivered soon. I'll shoot some pics when it's detailed; maybe a video of loading my bike on the Ranger. Hopefully it won't be too comical.
Mean time:
Delivery Day: 5/5/2021. The Ranger; the Septuagenarian spamming the shot was delivered in 1949. Our 2009 Mariner is in the background.
tempImage6RLNx8.png

Last edited: