First road trip. Very happy.

mtbikernate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT 4x4
Took my Ranger for its longest trip so far yesterday. Just under an hr of driving each way, so not a huge trip by any stretch. It just rides so nice. One end of the trip had a couple miles of dirt road, too, so I got to feel it on some washboards and such. Those never feel "good" but the truck was just a touch smoother over them than the Subie.

I had mountain bikes loaded in the back and was really happy to be able to use the truck for the sort of thing I bought it to do in the first place.
Sponsored

JeffM

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT
I've made two trips to Pensacola and back on I10, if I stay under 75 I average around 27, over 75 it drops to 25.5.

OP
OP

SilverXLT6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT , CC 2WD
I don't know how empty the tank was, I usually don't go below 1/4 very much.
I'm a boomer so I need a stretch well before the tank goes empty.:rolleyes:
Today we checked MPG once and it was right at 26 , more turns and it was a secondary highway , Pendelton Oregon to Oroville WA, not a multi lane interstate .All my hand calculations have been better than what the lie o meter says .
2 wheel drive, stock tires and I think the bakflip helps a little .

Texasota

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT, 2023 Escape PHEV
Ford told me it was bad from the factory or damaged during install apparently. It literally happened first thing in the morning out of nowhere. No problems leading up to that, or since. A++++ service on Ford's part. They had the last one left in MI sent out asap and replaced it in a day.

I'm glad they took care of me and it happened where it did. I was "stranded" on HWY 1, waiting for a tow truck in a beautiful place with my favorite person in the world. Everything worked out just fine.
Stuff happens. But when they do everything possible to make it right with good service it makes me more loyal to the brand and dealer.

SugarWolf

First Name
Tracey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Tower Hand
Stuff happens. But when they do everything possible to make it right with good service it makes me more loyal to the brand and dealer.
Exactly!!! I have nothing but good things to say about how fast and good they took care of everything!!

GaryR

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT Super Crew
Occupation
Retired
I’ve had my Ranger only a few days, however, on the trip home from picking up the truck from the dealership, 135 mile trip on the interstate at 70mph, the truck delivered a bit over 31mpg!

NWRanger

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4
Occupation
Buyer
Vehicle Showcase
Super excited to take the truck on its first road trip this week. Leaving Friday for Rockaway Beach, Oregon (leaving Cd'A, ID). I already know the truck drives/rides WAY smoother than the Jeep did, but I can't wait to see how it does on the freeway, especially in regards to MPG (usually averaged about 17-18 in the Jeep doing 70-75)

I probably haven't driven more the 10 minutes on the freeway since I got it last month, I'll update with info from the trip to and from.
This is a trip I do frequently, and I usually would stop halfway in Boardman (about 250 miles) with about a 1/4 of a 15.8 gal tank.

Open road, here we come!

mtbikernate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT 4x4
I've made two trips to Pensacola and back on I10, if I stay under 75 I average around 27, over 75 it drops to 25.5.
Did a shortish trip yesterday to pick up some plants for a gardening project. About 30mi each way, roughly half on interstate with speed limit in the 60-65 range and the rest on highway with speed limit around 55 or so. Driving through low mountains, so lots of up and down. Average for the trip got well above 27mpg. Probably would have continued to climb had I been on the interstate longer. I also was not using cruise control for that drive. Not sure how using cruise would have changed fuel economy on the interstate portion of the drive. The stretch where I could have used it was relatively short, anyway.

NWRanger

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4
Occupation
Buyer
Vehicle Showcase
Super excited to take the truck on its first road trip this week. Leaving Friday for Rockaway Beach, Oregon (leaving Cd'A, ID). I already know the truck drives/rides WAY smoother than the Jeep did, but I can't wait to see how it does on the freeway, especially in regards to MPG (usually averaged about 17-18 in the Jeep doing 70-75)

I probably haven't driven more the 10 minutes on the freeway since I got it last month, I'll update with info from the trip to and from.
This is a trip I do frequently, and I usually would stop halfway in Boardman (about 250 miles) with about a 1/4 of a 15.8 gal tank.

Open road, here we come!
B4241F8B-17A1-4CBB-BE75-DC122B5C8DB7.jpeg

Made it in early yesterday morning and according to the truck, this is the result of the round trip. Strong headwinds heading out, and 98° weather coming back called for A/C. Averaged about 75 on the open road with the cruise. The figure above includes around town as well during our stay.

I would say this is my new favorite road trip vehicle!
Sponsored