Turborave

First Name
Calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 ford ranger
Vehicle Showcase
could you do weather-vulnerable gear under the tonneau and secure tubs on top? is there a way to give tie down mounting points on top of the hard cover?
Sponsored

ch47dmechanic

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT Sport 4X4
If you decide to go the shell route, just get the Century version instead of the Leer. The come off the same assembly line from the same factories with the same materials and Leer and Century have literally plagiarized versions of each other's brochures yet the Century models cost far less than their Leer counterparts and the Leer owners always get butthurt about the fact that they overpaid for the same thing I have on my truck. :sunglasses:

Sorry @the1mrb (Matt), you know I love ya even though you overpaid. :thumbsup::LOL:

Deleted member 1634

If you decide to go the shell route, just get the Century version instead of the Leer. The come off the same assembly line from the same factories with the same materials and Leer and Century have literally plagiarized versions of each other's brochures yet the Century models cost far less than their Leer counterparts and the Leer owners always get butthurt about the fact that they overpaid for the same thing I have on my truck. :sunglasses:

Sorry @the1mrb (Matt), you know I love ya even though you overpaid. :thumbsup::LOL:
Oh I definitely overpaid, no doubt about that. Even just considering the quality of the product I received. But the equivalent Century didn't have the correct side window options that I wanted, at least as far as I could tell. My dealer was quite unhelpful and uninformed with regards to available options, and as I mentioned before the websites for these add-ons are quite sparse with specifics. So who knows. I originally wanted windoors with sliders on each side, but apparently this size (5' bed) is too small for that. But in lieu of that, I wanted a full slider on one side as my backup, not the rear 1/3 vent style that Century has. Unfortunate for sure, but such is life. I've made mistakes with money before, best not to think about it afterwards. haha

Marbs33

First Name
Alex M
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat Supercrew FX4
Occupation
Engineer
Mine's a Leer 100XR. Decided to go one level above the base model since I plan on making this truck last awhile and might as well get what I want. I also minimized the options list, since I always had the intention of modifying it myself to make it exactly what I wanted. Around $2400 after a few discounts.

Options:
- Lock connected to the truck (locks/unlocks with truck keyfob)
- Driver's side windoor (pax side has the standard slider)
- Front window slider (to match up with slider on truck cab rear window) and removable
- Set of three 12V outlets
- Interior light

IMG_20200410_152459289_HDR.jpg

IMG_20200410_152918791_HDR.jpg

I've since added myself:
- Swingcase box on driver's side with Quikfist clamps for various items (accessible through the side windoor if needed)
- A cargo net attached to the ceiling on the driver's side (easily accessible through the side windoor)
- Yakima roof rack (Thule option from Leer was 2-3 times as much)

IMG_20200501_141023677_HDR.jpg

IMG_20200510_145459643.jpg

IMG_20200529_192018202.jpg
What size Yakima cross bars are these?

Deleted member 1634

What size Yakima cross bars are these?
Those are the 60" ones. 50" would fit, since I put the towers 45" apart, and it would technically work with our pair of 24.5" wide kayaks laying flat next to each other. But unfortunately the towers are located right where the outboard kayak mounts should be located, so they need to push outside of the towers. So basically, because the towers are where they are, I need 60" bars to carry our kayaks flat.

IMG_20200604_190305420_HDR.jpg

And it's also nice because with 60" bars, it looks like I might be able to really load up if I wanted and put our J-cradle style kayak racks outboard of the Thule roofcage on both sides. Not sure I would ever actually do it that way, but it's theoretically possible. haha

IMG_20200529_192937705.jpg

t4thfavor

First Name
Chance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 Fox 2.0, 2011 Ford Edge Sport
I have exactly the same issue. Everything that cannot get wet goes into a Plano latching tote with a rubber gasket. Everything else just gets wet. I have a medium and short one which fit snugly across the tailgate(2 high) and sort of “lock” onto each other. They never let a drop in, and cost less than $20 each.

OP
OP
Turborave

Turborave

First Name
Calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 ford ranger
Vehicle Showcase
I have exactly the same issue. Everything that cannot get wet goes into a Plano latching tote with a rubber gasket. Everything else just gets wet. I have a medium and short one which fit snugly across the tailgate(2 high) and sort of “lock” onto each other. They never let a drop in, and cost less than $20 each.
what are these?

t4thfavor

First Name
Chance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 Fox 2.0, 2011 Ford Edge Sport

Kd80

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru wrx
Occupation
Instructor
I was wondering if anyone with a topper has issues with getting a good seal. Specifically I've read the corners at the front of the bed create an issue for installers

John Lyman

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Sport 4x2 Oxford White
Vehicle Showcase
Find some crates/totes that once sealed will fit under your cover - I have that (but also a SlyvanSport GO tent trailer) but that usually holds the kayaks and bikes

OP
OP
Turborave

Turborave

First Name
Calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 ford ranger
Vehicle Showcase
i got a bunch of the plano sportsman's lockers and tubs.. going camping again in october, excited to try it all out :)

ch47dmechanic

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT Sport 4X4
I was wondering if anyone with a topper has issues with getting a good seal. Specifically I've read the corners at the front of the bed create an issue for installers
If installed correctly, it shouldn't leak. I've had zero issues with my shell.

jsphlynch

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XL
Finally took my Ranger camping for the first time last week. I built my own hard tonneau quite a while back (wanted a cap, but my wallet said no). Like the OP, I found that not everything would fit under the cover. My solution was to add a couple of tie-downs to the top of the cover, allowing me to strap the weather resistant items (namely, the kids' bikes) to the top while leaving plenty of room under the cover for the rain-sensitive items.

Also worth noting that I took a wrong turn at one point that took me down a road that stretched the definition of road. The truck didn't mind; I never even had to shift it into 4wd.
Sponsored