DBRanger

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger STX 4X4 2007 BMW 328i
Vehicle Showcase
I recently returned from a 2000 mile road trip, heading south, through the Smokies, Tenessee, South Carolina , then east to Louisiana, Texas and back. The Ranger performed like a champ, no hiccups, plenty of passing speed, Never missed a beat in the mountains just North of Greenville. I saw exactly 2 other Rangers on the trip, both in Cincinnati. It was hot, I mean hot down south and the A/C would still freeze you out on max.

Averaged 22.9 MPG but I was in Mountains and I love to get those turbos firing, so it could have been much better.

One thing I noticed was a lot of pickups towing trailers, boats, campers and such with the nose of the truck in the air at about a 10 degree angle due to front ends lifted. Seems like self inflicted folly to me. Can't be much fun to drive on the highway with the nose up and the front tires barely skimming the pavement. Note to self: If you're going to try and level the truck, don't plan on towing anything ever.
Sponsored

ExChief45

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Chrysler Concorde
Occupation
Gas System Operations - Supervisor
Vehicle Showcase
Sometimes that has nothing to do with lifts and is just due to poor hitch set ups. Iv'e seen some crazy stuff going down the highway and I wouldn't leave my driveway like that. Very dangerous.

chasvs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat, 2017 MB GLE350, 2006 Porsche Cayman S
Vehicle Showcase
Averaged 22.9 MPG but I was in Mountains and I love to get those turbos firing, so it could have been much better..
You know it only has one turbo right?

chasvs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat, 2017 MB GLE350, 2006 Porsche Cayman S
Vehicle Showcase

CoastieN70

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariet
Occupation
Retired

DrSafety

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat Electric Blue
Vehicle Showcase
could also be the upgraded pre collision alert system .....
Thanks I have been commenting on the Pre Collision alert thread that I thought my system wasn't working, and now realize the simple solution is to take all my trips in the Ranger with my wife. :facepalm:
Sponsored