First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger, 2019 cargo van, soon to be 1993
Occupation
Crown Forklift Technician
Pro tip... do no enter washes in AZ with a 2wd truck. Getting pulled out of a mess by your buddy with a 4wd Tacoma is more than embarrassing.

IMG_4987 (1).PNG
A better idea, dont go OffRoad in a 2WD

??
Sponsored

Aonarch

First Name
Alec
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Tremor, '16 Audi TT, '21 Ducati Hyper, '85 E30
Occupation
Engineer
I wouldn't spend a dime trying to make a 2WD truck off-road worthy. Unless we are talking about Pre-Runners, because Pre-Runners are badass.

Todd Chapin

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 crewcab lariat fx4
Occupation
Chef
I had a 2001 Prerunner Taco 2wd and it looked good but was worthless offroad with its open dif. Learned my lesson, if you have aspirations of going offroad better to have 4wd and seldom use it than have 2wd and find out you need 4wd.

lazynorse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger Crew Cab XLT FX4
Occupation
Public Health
Somehow never got stuck in my late teens, early 20's when I didn't know anything about offroad technique... in a 2wd Mazda B2200. Went through gnarly mountain passes in the snow with studded rear tires or chains and a couple sandbags in the back. Camped with my buddies down nasty unmaintained forest roads. Took a solo trip throughout the west after college graduation, including '4x4 Only' roads in Utah and Arizona. To be fair, I got lucky in some places and had enough sense to stop when things got obviously too much for 2wd. Deep sand, clay mud and steep loose traction will get you though.

If I had the 2wd version with the rear locker and good AT tires, I'd have plenty of fun with it within reason.

Aonarch

First Name
Alec
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Tremor, '16 Audi TT, '21 Ducati Hyper, '85 E30
Occupation
Engineer
Somehow never got stuck in my late teens, early 20's when I didn't know anything about offroad technique... in a 2wd Mazda B2200. Went through gnarly mountain passes in the snow with studded rear tires or chains and a couple sandbags in the back. Camped with my buddies down nasty unmaintained forest roads. Took a solo trip throughout the west after college graduation, including '4x4 Only' roads in Utah and Arizona. To be fair, I got lucky in some places and had enough sense to stop when things got obviously too much for 2wd. Deep sand, clay mud and steep loose traction will get you though.

If I had the 2wd version with the rear locker and good AT tires, I'd have plenty of fun with it within reason.
Low weight helps.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Pro tip... do no enter washes in AZ with a 2wd truck. Getting pulled out of a mess by your buddy with a 4wd Tacoma is more than embarrassing.

IMG_4987 (1).PNG
That would've been a tough decision. ? Leave it there to possibly get striped or be embarrassed getting pulled out by a Taco. I think I'd have left it there.:giggle:

mrthins191

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT 2WD
Haha! Now I know my limits. 2wd is perfectly fine for having enough fun going off-roading. (at least for me).I don't have lockers either but there's no reason to have 4wd unless you're doing serious off-roading (like mudding/rock crawling/sand/overlanding). It's my daily driver that I use for contract working and playing in the desert, that was my aim.
Sponsored