First Encounter in the "Wild" (Ranger's Spotted Megathread)

Tracy Bowman

First Name
Tracy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Hyundai Accent, 2001 Ford F-150, 2019 Ford Ranger FX4 Saber Lariat
There are a lot more around here and especially in northwest Florida. I went to Tallahassee last night to take my son his new to him 1998 Ranger XLT (pictures later). On the way, a beautiful lightning blue Ranger flew by me. Had a hard tonneau cover. Had a wide white stripe down the tailgate & I think the roof & tonneau cover. It was a knockout! I am never where I can take a picture!:frown:

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
There are a lot more around here and especially in northwest Florida. I went to Tallahassee last night to take my son his new to him 1998 Ranger XLT (pictures later). On the way, a beautiful lightning blue Ranger flew by me. Had a hard tonneau cover. Had a wide white stripe down the tailgate & I think the roof & tonneau cover. It was a knockout! I am never where I can take a picture!:frown:
I hardly use to see any until the last 3-4 months, now there's quite a few around. I always loved the Saber color since I saw it in the articles when they announced that the Ranger was coming back to N'America. They had this one at my local dealer with everything I would've ordered so it saved me the wait. The Lightning Blue was my second choice.

Tracy Bowman

First Name
Tracy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I hardly use to see any until the last 3-4 months, now there's quite a few around. I always loved the Saber color since I saw it in the articles when they announced that the Ranger was coming back to N'America. They had this one at my local dealer with everything I would've ordered so it saved me the wait. The Lightning Blue was my second choice.
I was opposite. I did not like the Saber color at all when I first saw the ads. Even when we went to Orlando to test drive one & saw the Saber in person...I didn't like it. I liked the Oxford White. This was in November 2018. By March 2019 I had come around & had my heart set on the Saber and have not regretted it!:inlove:

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
I was opposite. I did not like the Saber color at all when I first saw the ads. Even when we went to Orlando to test drive one & saw the Saber in person...I didn't like it. I liked the Oxford White. This was in November 2018. By March 2019 I had come around & had my heart set on the Saber and have not regretted it!:inlove:
Good thing you finally came to your senses! :p:turkey:

Scott D

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XL/STX
They're still a little rare around here, but I actually had two sightings this morning. A Magnetic one and a blue one. Both in the Loganville, GA Walmart/Home Depot vicinity.

The blue one had the dealer tag on it. (Courtesy Ford)

JHC14

First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat 4x4, 2017 Escape Titanium
Occupation
Executive Pastor
I had to drive all the way to McAllen, TX to see on in the wild. Only one I have seen in South Alabama is my own, but I keep looking.

Jbroke

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat 2WD
Occupation
Sports
Saw a good amount of Rangers down in the Florida keys this last week. I’d say about 9 or so which was surprising.

Tracy Bowman

First Name
Tracy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I had to drive all the way to McAllen, TX to see on in the wild. Only one I have seen in South Alabama is my own, but I keep looking.
They are really picking up here in the Dothan-Enterprise area. Also see quite a few going back & forth to Tallahassee.

gasmanjohn

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 XLT FX4, '19 Beetle Final Edition
Occupation
Gas leak inspector
I just drove from Chicago to Orlando and back, counted 12 Rangers along the way. Gave/received a wave or a nod from most. I saw 2 or 3 times as many Gladiators and 4 or 5 times as many Raptors. I kinda enjoy having something that's pretty rare on the roads.

KJ Mick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT 4WD
I believe my Central FL neighborhood has one in every color (except maybe "Lightning Blue") ?

Doctorfong

First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger STX/FX4 (Wife's Car 2017 Fiat 500 Abarth)
Occupation
Sales
Vehicle Showcase
Where I am, they are starting to pop up more. Including mine, there is five in blue. The popular colors are silver/gray/white. I did see a black one once, once.

Tracy Bowman

First Name
Tracy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It's funny to me, but the ONLY other Saber Rangers I have seen have been in my hometown! I thought there were three, but now I think there could be five!:facepalm: Boy, was my dealership wrong. They thought this color would not sell well. I better hurry up & add those claw marks so I don't blend in! I mean, what the heck? Guess they just have great taste.:turkey: