irv0735

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Ranger Lariat Tremor
20220513_164607.jpg

For some reason, he felt it would be cool to park it next to a TRX they just got in... Gee thanks for making the day feel like a big deal!
At least he let me start the TRX and rev it a bit to rub more salt in the wound.
Sponsored

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Congrats on getting your Tremor!! IMHO it's still much nicer looking then the Ram.:like:

Just be glad they don't sell Toyotas and he parked it next to a Taco. Then you'd have to order another as yours would've been slow and a TuRD. ? ?

OP
OP
irv0735

irv0735

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Ranger Lariat Tremor
Yeah, my post was supposed to be a bit satiracle.
I'm still pumped to finally have it and start reducing the count of boxes that have accumulated in mods/parts. Build journal will kick off in a couple weeks!

WNCblueridge

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Ranger supercab
Occupation
Goat herder
20220513_164607.jpg

For some reason, he felt it would be cool to park it next to a TRX they just got in... Gee thanks for making the day feel like a big deal!
At least he let me start the TRX and rev it a bit to rub more salt in the wound.
What size tires on that Ranger? Looks nice under the wheel well and taller than mine

Reactions: Doc

Mokume

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Ranger Supercab (sold 12/19) , 2002 Honda CR-V
Occupation
Retired Firefighter III, Honolulu Fire Department
20220513_164607.jpg

My cousin traded in his 2017 F-150 for a 2021 Ram 1500 "Limited" , in the time he's owned it (he says 18 months) it's spent 7 of those at the dealership for them to exorcise it's many electrical demons. It is definitely a candidate for Hawaii's Lemon Law, he wants to get rid of it in the worst possible way.

His wife, however does not, citing it's "pretty paint color and gorgeous interior"...

My honest response to her was if she had spent time @ the dealership while the vehicle was parked just to gaze at it's "beauty"...

The sub-zero glare she gave me confirmed the old adage "colder than a witches teat"...lol

Dgc333

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Engineer
while the trx is a very cool animal its not gonna be as useful as the ranger. plus for what the trx eats in fuel you could pay several ranger payments.
Curious, why would you think the TRX wouldn't be as useful as a Ranger?

Granted it will suck gas like crazy but other than that seems like it would do all the things any 1/2 ton pickup would.

deleriumtremor

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Occupation
Retired
20220513_164607.jpg

Congratulations on your puny Tremor! :)

I think if you like your new Tremor as much as I like my new FX4, the sting of that TRX will be all better in no time. ;)

9zero1790

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 super crew fx4 sport
Occupation
air breather
Curious, why would you think the TRX wouldn't be as useful as a Ranger?

Granted it will suck gas like crazy but other than that seems like it would do all the things any 1/2 ton pickup would.
its a lil too big to fit some of the places a ranger will fit off road, it would not be long road trip friendly with its fuel miles and the bed will not hold too much more than the ranger. the trx is more expensive in basically every way. the towing and payload also is not impressive for a truck that cost about 6 figures. 8100 tow and 1400 payload. so in terms of towing and payload the ranger is not far behind at 7500. id drive a trx if i wanted to blast through the baja etc. im sure it would be a hoot.

Dgc333

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Engineer
its a lil too big to fit some of the places a ranger will fit off road, it would not be long road trip friendly with its fuel miles and the bed will not hold too much more than the ranger. the trx is more expensive in basically every way. the towing and payload also is not impressive for a truck that cost about 6 figures. 8100 tow and 1400 payload. so in terms of towing and payload the ranger is not far behind at 7500. id drive a trx if i wanted to blast through the baja etc. im sure it would be a hoot.
I suppose, but you can say the exact same thing about a F150 Raptor. As far as price goes the TRX and Raptor are very close to being the same MSRP. I realize folks are paying upwards of a $20k premium for a TRX but the same was happening when the Raptor first hit the market.

Like most folks I bought a Ranger because it was the best choice to meet my needs & wants that was in my cost of ownership budget. If money was no object I would love to have a Raptor or TRX and I think the TRX would get the nod just because it is meaner looking.

OP
OP
irv0735

irv0735

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Ranger Lariat Tremor
why is the front skid plate, valance, and leading edge of the steps all look filthy?
is this how they presented a new vehicle??
Yeah... I called them out on that. They are going to properly clean it next week. Of course they had excuses that they were slammed with 8 trucks that came in that day, etc. But they did apologize.
Sponsored