Feeling Frustrated

Rock 25

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat Hot Pepper Red
I was hoping for 8-10 weeks but realistically I knew it would be longer which was fine. Getting information from this forum only confirmed that. However, I know I read (here and elsewhere) and believe the salesman said it that retail orders would be filled first. I guess Ford decided to get one or a very few out to dealers for people to look at and sit in, test drives, employee training, etc. I can see that being a good idea also. But I think it's time that the people who ordered 3, 4, 5 months ago get their orders filled and soon no matter what style they ordered and what options they have on it. As I said before, this is the first time I've ever "ordered" a vehicle so maybe I just have no idea how this all works.
Sponsored

Marcbar82

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
I ordered on 9/17 but I hired a guy that does the deal for me. I initially ordered a bed cover and running boards. He emailed me back with the final order sheet. I had noticed on the sheet he left out the bed cover and running boards. At first I was pissed off, but he told me those things will hold up the order. I’m glad I listened to him. I ordered 9/17, and expecting delivery on 1/25. Im going to a local shop to install tow package,bed cover, and running boards.

DHare

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat - Saber; 2020 Ford Edge - Rapid Red
Occupation
Retired
I ordered on 9/17 but I hired a guy that does the deal for me. I initially ordered a bed cover and running boards. He emailed me back with the final order sheet. I had noticed on the sheet he left out the bed cover and running boards. At first I was pissed off, but he told me those things will hold up the order. I’m glad I listened to him. I ordered 9/17, and expecting delivery on 1/25. Im going to a local shop to install tow package,bed cover, and running boards.
Have you already found some running boards for it or are you just ordering the ones from Ford?

Marcbar82

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Have you already found some running boards for it or are you just ordering the ones from Ford?
I haven’t yet, but I really like the ones Ford offers. The guy I’m dealing with thought that minor accessories could hold up production, so I listened. Perhaps I’ll just order when I get the truck.

Pinecrestjim

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, 2018 F-150, 2016 Escape
I'm one of those who ordered in early November and am still awaiting a VIN and build date. Dealer told me to expect a VIN tomorrow, so I'm walking around with fingers crossed. He was told by his Rep that there is no hold on scheduling due to the keypad (which is on my order).

I too heard about retail orders being prioritized over dealer stock, yet based on what I see on this website that is not the case. Unless, dealers are adjusting placed stock orders to accommodate buyers. Still that doesn't follow the word on the street, that verified retail orders would take priority. Extremely frustrating!

Geoff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ranger 1943 Willys Jeep
Occupation
Retired Engineer
I sympathize with the frustration but this rollout is going somewhat as I expected. From all reports Ford had warehouses filled with Stock Order Rangers waiting to ship before OKTB. That happened roughly 3 weeks ago and now those Rangers are showing up in various dealers as shown on the tracker map. But what really stands out on that tracking map is how FEW of the 3000 or so Ford dealers actually have Rangers. My Lariat is scheduled to be built the week of 2/4 and from what I see on that tracker map is that there are going to be a lot of Ford dealers that don't have a Ranger when mine is being built. So, I guess from my viewpoint the priority pledge is being honored by Ford.

OP
OP
Saddle Tramp

Saddle Tramp

First Name
Jerald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 F350 Lariat, 2019 Ranger Lariat, 2017 Honda CRV
Occupation
Retired Rancher
I deleted the keypad as I was sent a screen grab that showed it on constraint and the text order bank indicated that if the customer does not want to wait for the keypad to come off constraint, then by removing the keypad, the order would be processed. I am getting tired of waiting. While I wanted the keypad as I have it on my current F-150, by the time it comes off constraint, that could be a few more months. Read somewhere that it was on constraint until 2nd quarter 2019. Not waiting that long.

Just amazed at all the confusion regarding this new truck in terms of availability, parts availability, etc. My dealer ordered mine using his very first allocation as a stock unit so it would get built before a retail one. His first Ranger showed up last Friday. it was a loaded Lariat similar to mine, but a different color and the Chrome Package. That one got built because it didn't have the keypad.

I was hoping to see my truck in February. That won't happen now. Could have gotten one from my brother's dealership, but wanted to get it from my local dealer as that's where I will be taking it for service. Just shaking my head at this point. I did get to look at the one the dealer got and I love the truck! Just want my Hot Pepper Red one built!
I also ordered the keypad, and pretty much everything else, maybe part of the problem?

OP
OP
Saddle Tramp

Saddle Tramp

First Name
Jerald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 F350 Lariat, 2019 Ranger Lariat, 2017 Honda CRV
Occupation
Retired Rancher
In another thread I read that Ford is focusing first on the coasts and I will guess the East Cost First. On the ranger sighting thread this seems to be the case. The map seems to indicate that the northern edge of NM and also Albuquerque may have gotten a truck or two You may find what you want in Albuquerque and then cancel your local order. Likely, large urban areas will get ahead of where you live. Check dealer.stock on line and also call direct. Good luck
They do have what I want in Albquerque, same as I ordered but different color, Platinum Tri Color, which I am fine with, that’s the color of my F-350. Problem is they are asking $5000.00 over sticker!

Last edited:

Pinecrestjim

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, 2018 F-150, 2016 Escape
No VIN today... Maybe tomorrow... If they are now scheduling for builds in the latter half of March, the earliest I'd see a truck is probably April now. The 2019 model year is more than half over at that point. Depending upon what I find out tomorrow, I might have to reconsider this, cancel the order and wait to order a 2020 model.

One Ranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
family fleet of 4
Sorry over sticker!
RUN from that dealer. That is highway robbery, gouging, taking advantage of you, just short of criminal!

Vehicles are depreciating assets. The value goes down immediately as you drive off the dealer lot, and that is based on a good deal below MSRP (sticker).

If you want one that much, find one in Dallas or Houston, buy a one way Southwest Airlines ticket to go pick up, and take a nice road trip back to the land of enchantment.

Last edited:

Schafies

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Explorer. 2019 Ford Ranger.
Talk about frustration. Order date was 8/25. My truck had blend date 1/10, delivery 1/20. The tracker site went to "in production" on 1/9. As of today the tracker is still "in production" and 1/20 has come and gone. On 1/19 the tracker started adding 1 day to delivery every 24hr period so today its up to 6 days, and growing.

FLEngineer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat SCrew
Vehicle Showcase
Brainstorming today I wondered how hard it would be for Ford to add photos of special order vehicles during production. I'm sure they have cameras and I imagine they track them on the line anyway. Just think it would be cool to see a still shot of my truck during production.

SRAces

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger, 2015 Mercedes-Benz GLA, 2004 Mercedes-Benz SLK 230 Special Edition
Occupation
USAF (retired)
Vehicle Showcase
Brainstorming today I wondered how hard it would be for Ford to add photos of special order vehicles during production. I'm sure they have cameras and I imagine they track them on the line anyway. Just think it would be cool to see a still shot of my truck during production.
You're right down I-75 from me and your Ranger has the same build week. Will have to see if we get the same delivery dates. Just fingers crossed they don't get pushed back further.
Sponsored