Feeling Frustrated

FLEngineer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat SCrew
Vehicle Showcase
You're right down I-75 from me and your Ranger has the same build week. Will have to see if we get the same delivery dates. Just fingers crossed they don't get pushed back further.
We got a great big convoy...
Sponsored

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 1973 Mercury Capri
Vehicle Showcase
A question for those of you who have delivery dates. How long after your build date did the estimated delivery date show up in the online tracker?

I got an email this morning from my dealer saying my build week was 3/11, but the online tracker still shows N/A as the Estimated Delivery. I don't know if it is because the tracker has not updated or because it is too far out or what.

FLEngineer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat SCrew
Vehicle Showcase
A question for those of you who have delivery dates. How long after your build date did the estimated delivery date show up in the online tracker?

I got an email this morning from my dealer saying my build week was 3/11, but the online tracker still shows N/A as the Estimated Delivery. I don't know if it is because the tracker has not updated or because it is too far out or what.
FWIW mine is N/A as well. When I was tracking my XLT it showed up as soon as I had a VIN.

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 1973 Mercury Capri
Vehicle Showcase
FWIW mine is N/A as well. When I was tracking my XLT it showed up as soon as I had a VIN.
I guess it is good we have the same behavior - at least it is consistent. Would be nice to have some sort of ETA.

Pinecrestjim

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, 2018 F-150, 2016 Escape
I'm one of those who ordered in early November and am still awaiting a VIN and build date. Dealer told me to expect a VIN tomorrow, so I'm walking around with fingers crossed. He was told by his Rep that there is no hold on scheduling due to the keypad (which is on my order).

I too heard about retail orders being prioritized over dealer stock, yet based on what I see on this website that is not the case. Unless, dealers are adjusting placed stock orders to accommodate buyers. Still that doesn't follow the word on the street, that verified retail orders would take priority. Extremely frustrating!
Well, I still have no VIN. My salesman, their order clerk and the dealership owner are all now in communication with the Ford zone manager on my order, to no avail. Ford confirms it is a good order, however it is now on a component hold. What? Zone manager says he cannot determine what component is holding up the order. Dang, this is getting frustrating.

SSSINC

First Name
RichardS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 PORSCHE MACAN GTS / 2018 VOLVO XC60 / 2016 VOLVO XC90
Ordered loaded Lariat, Aug 15th, Dealership Manager handled the order. Just got my Vin#
1FTER4FH4KLA24707
about 3 days ago. Still no build date or, delivery date, Anybody else order that early, and be this long to get Vin? They keep assuring me I will have the first one in Southeast NM.
Yes, ordered mine 09/18/18 and just got VIN and build date of 03/11/19

tugger

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger 2019 Super Crew Latiat Lightning Blue FX4
Occupation
Register Nurse Emergency Room
Ordered my Ranger November 11, Lariet FX4,crew cab, spray in bed liner,tow package,mud flaps and tray style floor mats, lightning blue.Was told delivery March 3rd.Also techonology package.I ordered through my dealer, live in South New Jersey near Philadelphia.

OP
OP
Saddle Tramp

Saddle Tramp

First Name
Jerald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 F350 Lariat, 2019 Ranger Lariat, 2017 Honda CRV
Occupation
Retired Rancher
RUN from that dealer. That is highway robbery, gouging, taking advantage of you, just short of criminal!

Vehicles are depreciating assets. The value goes down immediately as you drive off the dealer lot, and that is based on a good deal below MSRP (sticker).

If you want one that much, find one in Dallas or Houston, buy a one way Southwest Airlines ticket to go pick up, and take a nice road trip back to the land of enchantment.
I laughed at that salesman!
Sponsored