First Name
Jerald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 F350 Lariat, 2019 Ranger Lariat, 2017 Honda CRV
Occupation
Retired Rancher
Ordered loaded Lariat, Aug 15th, Dealership Manager handled the order. Just got my Vin#
1FTER4FH4KLA24707
about 3 days ago. Still no build date or, delivery date, Anybody else order that early, and be this long to get Vin? They keep assuring me I will have the first one in Southeast NM.
Sponsored

One Ranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
family fleet of 4
Ordered loaded Lariat, Aug 15th, Dealership Manager handled the order. Just got my Vin#
1FTER4FH4KLA24707
about 3 days ago. Still no build date or, delivery date, Anybody else order that early, and be this long to get Vin? They keep assuring me I will have the first one in Southeast NM.
Hang in there. They are just now getting ramped up at the factory.

My first order with Dealer #1 was placed 8/25/2018. I cancelled that order and got my deposit back. Then went to Dealer #2 on 12/13/2018

Got my VIN from Dealer #2 on 1/18/2019.

On 1/20/2019, from their website, found the VIN for my now cancelled order from Dealer #1. It still had my cancelled order number associated with it.

The funny thing is that the VIN for dealer #1 is about 45 higher. Both are 4x2. I’m guessing that it being 4x2, and dealer allocations have a lot to do with the priorities. Ford is pushing high end 4X4’s through the factory first.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Saddle Tramp

Saddle Tramp

First Name
Jerald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired Rancher
Hang in there. They are just now getting ramped up at the factory.

My first order with Dealer #1 was placed 8/25/2018. I cancelled that order and got my deposit back. Then went to Dealer #2 on 12/13/2018

Got my VIN from Dealer #2 on 1/18/2019.

On 1/20/2019, from their website, found the VIN for my now cancelled order from Dealer #1. It still had my cancelled order number associated with it.

The funny thing is that the VIN for dealer #1 is about 45 higher. Both are 4x2. I’m guessing that it being 4x2, and dealer allocations have a lot to do with the priorities. Ford is pushing high end 4X4’s through the factory first.

OP
OP
Saddle Tramp

Saddle Tramp

First Name
Jerald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired Rancher
Thanks, pushing high end 4x4’s, first sounds good to me!

Last edited:

SRAces

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger, 2015 Mercedes-Benz GLA, 2004 Mercedes-Benz SLK 230 Special Edition
Occupation
USAF (retired)
Vehicle Showcase
Feel your pain. Was told mine would get pulled after I deleted the keypad last week. Still waiting for it to get scheduled. Seems to be a lot of confusion and different angles to this new vehicle introduction. My dealer finally got a white SuperCrew Lariat 4X4 in as a stock unit. Got to see it in person and check it out. Can't wait for my Hot Pepepr Red one to get built and show up!

SteveT

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Subaru Forester
Despite him being a nice guy, I couldn't resist yanking my salesman's chain yesterday.

I told him I could've gotten a Tesla faster. It may now even be true.

Ordered mine Aug. 29 and still have an empty garage bay.

OP
OP
Saddle Tramp

Saddle Tramp

First Name
Jerald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired Rancher
Feel your pain. Was told mine would get pulled after I deleted the keypad last week. Still waiting for it to get scheduled. Seems to be a lot of confusion and different angles to this new vehicle introduction. My dealer finally got a white SuperCrew Lariat 4X4 in as a stock unit. Got to see it in person and check it out. Can't wait for my Hot Pepepr Red one to get built and show up!
Curious, why did you delete the keypad?

Lloyd C

First Name
Lloyd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Lexus RX350
1FTER4FH4KLA24707
In another thread I read that Ford is focusing first on the coasts and I will guess the East Cost First. On the ranger sighting thread this seems to be the case. The map seems to indicate that the northern edge of NM and also Albuquerque may have gotten a truck or two You may find what you want in Albuquerque and then cancel your local order. Likely, large urban areas will get ahead of where you live. Check dealer.stock on line and also call direct. Good luck

Lrtexasman

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tahoe/Tundra/Fusion
Starting to see more and more here in Central Texas. Shouldn't be too much longer.

SRAces

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger, 2015 Mercedes-Benz GLA, 2004 Mercedes-Benz SLK 230 Special Edition
Occupation
USAF (retired)
Vehicle Showcase
Curious, why did you delete the keypad?
I deleted the keypad as I was sent a screen grab that showed it on constraint and the text order bank indicated that if the customer does not want to wait for the keypad to come off constraint, then by removing the keypad, the order would be processed. I am getting tired of waiting. While I wanted the keypad as I have it on my current F-150, by the time it comes off constraint, that could be a few more months. Read somewhere that it was on constraint until 2nd quarter 2019. Not waiting that long.

Just amazed at all the confusion regarding this new truck in terms of availability, parts availability, etc. My dealer ordered mine using his very first allocation as a stock unit so it would get built before a retail one. His first Ranger showed up last Friday. it was a loaded Lariat similar to mine, but a different color and the Chrome Package. That one got built because it didn't have the keypad.

I was hoping to see my truck in February. That won't happen now. Could have gotten one from my brother's dealership, but wanted to get it from my local dealer as that's where I will be taking it for service. Just shaking my head at this point. I did get to look at the one the dealer got and I love the truck! Just want my Hot Pepper Red one built!

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 1973 Mercury Capri
Vehicle Showcase
I share in everyone's frustration - It has been a month now since I ordered and although I have a VIN, I still don't have a build date. I know some of you are much further out and still don't have a build date. That just seems kind of strange at this point. It sounds like production is going well - if so, what is the holdup on getting these retail units scheduled? Couple that with limited updates that appear to occur in the online tracking tool and it is a recipe for frustration.

I'm still hoping I will get a build week this week. It seems like a lot of changes occur on Friday. My dealer said we will touch base on Friday to see if we get a build date. Fingers crossed....

Rock 25

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat Hot Pepper Red
Hey RedlandRanger, I'm one of the few on the tally sheet who ordered in Aug.-Oct. (actually Sept. 20) and still have TBD in both columns. It's been very frustrating to hear only in all these months that since I ordered with a keypad, delivery will be pushed back. At that time in October, Ford had no answer to my salesman as to how long. I was actually told by the first salesman that took my order that I should have the truck in 8-10 weeks.
He obviously was clueless. I since have been assigned another salesman who said he will let me know when he gets info on my truck. First vehicle I've ever "ordered" and nothing to be impressed about. My patience is about gone but as a couple of other posters have said, I feel like I'm in so deep now, I might as well stick it out. I have seen a couple Rangers in person on a couple lots and have to say I've been impressed with the look and the size is exactly what I want! Maybe I'll go sit in one tomorrow at the Greater St. Louis Auto Show running this weekend. Maybe someone there can answer a question or two but who knows.

rangerdanger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger SuperCrew XLT FX4
Vehicle Showcase
Hey RedlandRanger, I'm one of the few on the tally sheet who ordered in Aug.-Oct. (actually Sept. 20) and still have TBD in both columns. It's been very frustrating to hear only in all these months that since I ordered with a keypad, delivery will be pushed back. At that time in October, Ford had no answer to my salesman as to how long. I was actually told by the first salesman that took my order that I should have the truck in 8-10 weeks.
He obviously was clueless. I since have been assigned another salesman who said he will let me know when he gets info on my truck. First vehicle I've ever "ordered" and nothing to be impressed about. My patience is about gone but as a couple of other posters have said, I feel like I'm in so deep now, I might as well stick it out. I have seen a couple Rangers in person on a couple lots and have to say I've been impressed with the look and the size is exactly what I want! Maybe I'll go sit in one tomorrow at the Greater St. Louis Auto Show running this weekend. Maybe someone there can answer a question or two but who knows.
I'm in the same boat myself, having ordered a day sooner than you and still no Ranger. I hoped I would get it sooner, but like you said I must be patient because I actually want the keypad, no matter the delay.

SRAces

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
USAF (retired)
Vehicle Showcase
I just heard from my GM at the dealer. Right now I have a pending build date of 3/11. Shaking my head. Seems crazy that it take almost 4 months after they start building production trucks that mine finally gets a date.

I got on the Ford site and searched inventories within 100 miles of the major metropolitan areas east of the Mississippi. I can find a lot of inventory and ordered units. None that are Lariats in Hot Pepper Red or Lightning blue that don't have either the Sport Package or the Chrome Package added. None that are the basic Lariat package with color keyed bumpers. I looked thru several hundred trucks. Mostly black, magnetic and white were the predominate color.

Looks like I will be waiting on my Hot Pepper Red one. Maybe if the keypad comes off constraint before the order is locked in, I might be able to get it added back. One can only hope.

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 1973 Mercury Capri
Vehicle Showcase
I think under "normal" circumstances 8-10 weeks is what would be expected for a custom build. I know they have just been ramping up production and getting things going, but it seems that things are flowing pretty good now, but we still haven't even SCHEDULED (let alone built) MANY, MANY of these retail orders. There must be some piece of info that Ford is not being forthcoming about. I just wish things would get flowing - and SOON.
Sponsored