2020FX4

First Name
El Jefe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 FX4 Ranger
Vehicle Showcase
Looks like a fun day! I look forward to making one of these get togethers.... Thanks for sharing the pics and vids!

Gizmokid2005

Threads
Reaction score
Website
gizmokid2005.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT 4X4 SCrew
Occupation
SQL Developer
Vehicle Showcase
I'd also like to thank Jeff (@jlmotox) for organizing this first-ever "Ranger Jam", and to all who made the trek for a fun-filled day. New friends were made, and new plans are being hatched, so stay tuned.

I believe that we had 9 Rangers at the start of the day, with a good mix of Lariats and XLTs. Lightning Blue dominated with four rigs, followed by Magnetic Grey(?) three; Whites were two; these were all Crew-cabs. Most importantly, everyone made it through all the trails and obstacles just fine, thanks to the excellent Ranger platform, as well as impeccable driving skills! The "Driver of the Day" prize is a toss-up between @themikeyan (check out his new avatar, shot while storming up "The Wall") and @Gizmokid2005 (who conquered "The Wall" without a differential locker, and possibly a screaming companion).

It seems as if the term "Ranger Jam" has been coined by @SafetyDan, and may stick... it could be the name to our annual BIG Ranger event, with rotating locales. As to near-term future runs, a few place names were tossed about, including Mammoth, Mojave Road, Bald Mtn./Shaver Lake, and others (I mentioned "Rubicon" and that promptly got shot down). We will surely be announcing those plans here in the California section (out-of-staters are more than welcomed to join us, naturally!) when some hapless soul decides to take it on.

For now, some photos for your enjoyment; videos will come later as hotel wifi isn't overtly video-upload-friendly. Cheers all, and go drive your Ranger - you have a GREAT truck on your hands.

1BzsEIC.jpg

aLqAyb6.jpg

D0HGSA9.jpg

wBLQyAp.jpg

rjSGKw8.jpg

ml778d4.jpg

3OsEgXW.jpg

ydUv4Du.jpg

CQErQWu.jpg

TjpEPS9.jpg

dz1f1ox.jpg

0ci0OZz.jpg

rKeku4r.jpg

A0J189g.jpg

jXZGrrN.jpg

fJhBj8F.jpg

tin6SWm.jpg

pHJGrBK.jpg

9I0G0BL.jpg

hDBZ7Qm.jpg

U7lmRba.jpg

3FsYTF9.jpg
I'll have you know, there was no screaming! Just a bit of "Oh God" while lurching lol.

It was a bit of a harrowing ride, but I'm very proud of the Ranger. I'm much less worried about not having a locker now.

Pathung

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4
I'll have you know, there was no screaming! Just a bit of "Oh God" while lurching lol.

It was a bit of a harrowing ride, but I'm very proud of the Ranger. I'm much less worried about not having a locker now.
My last truck had no lockers either, but it went everywhere that others did in my 4x4 group - selecting the correct line and maintaining momentum were critical, though.

Seeing the Jeep walk up every obstacle drama-free, I'm assuming that it was using a front locker - hmmm, it'd be nice to have one; hopefully ARB will come out with one.

Here are a few short videos of mine:

https://photos.app.goo.gl/Mb8P2caFgULhjurZ7
https://photos.app.goo.gl/GuwKurtGiT4Af8zr8
https://photos.app.goo.gl/QLpiza4rzMoBrusx8
https://photos.app.goo.gl/xxY7SnpwkAhpoPQq5

Gizmokid2005

Threads
Reaction score
Website
gizmokid2005.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT 4X4 SCrew
Occupation
SQL Developer
Vehicle Showcase
My last truck had no lockers either, but it went everywhere that others did in my 4x4 group - selecting the correct line and maintaining momentum were critical, though.

Seeing the Jeep walk up every obstacle drama-free, I'm assuming that it was using a front locker - hmmm, it'd be nice to have one; hopefully ARB will come out with one.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/Mb8P2caFgULhjurZ7
https://photos.app.goo.gl/GuwKurtGiT4Af8zr8
https://photos.app.goo.gl/QLpiza4rzMoBrusx8
https://photos.app.goo.gl/xxY7SnpwkAhpoPQq5
Both my 99 Ranger and 04 F-150 had LSDs in them which were really nice, but I'm not concerned, I've got decent driving skills and with the help of the right people nearly anything is possible.

And you are correct, he has front and rear diff locks as well as front sway bar disconnect.

SafetyDan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 V2 - Ranger Lariat, FX4, 501A, Trailer Tow (Lightning Blue), V1- Lariat, FX4, 500A, Trailer Tow (Ingot Silver) <Epic Fail - Lemon>
Vehicle Showcase

Next time I will bring my TJ - Lockers front and rear. You can try it out. Makes a world of difference. Mine are OEM Elockers, I prefer ARB (plus then you have an onboard compressor). The QD's on the Front Sway bars are awesome to keep the rubber on the ground.

Since it has sliders would be willing to have some fun on Miller Jeep trail.... ;-)

IMG_1982.jpeg

Last edited:

Pathung

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4
Next time I will bring my TJ - Lockers front and rear. You can try it out. Makes a world of difference. Mine are OEM Elockers, I prefer ARB (plus then you have an onboard compressor). The QD's on the Front Sway bars are awesome to keep the rubber on the ground.

Since it has sliders would be willing to have some fun on Miller Jeep trail.... ;-)

IMG_1982.jpeg
Nice TJ! When I get my 2021 Bronco, I'll join you on the Jeep trail!

SafetyDan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 V2 - Ranger Lariat, FX4, 501A, Trailer Tow (Lightning Blue), V1- Lariat, FX4, 500A, Trailer Tow (Ingot Silver) <Epic Fail - Lemon>
Vehicle Showcase
Nice TJ! When I get my 2021 Bronco, I'll join you on the Jeep trail!
The bronco will be on leafs in the rear, so it will still be a little issue. But YJ's do Miller all the time. The new ranger with a lift and sliders could do Miller, if they have a good spotter or a driver that understands their undercarriage and can pick good lines.

I have only had to use my lockers once and it was not on Miller.

OP
OP
jlmotox

jlmotox

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Vehicle Showcase
Was a great time, and nice meeting everyone. Will definitely be back here

Thanks for setting it up and leading Jeff! Thanks everyone else for posting the sweet pics and videos!
Glad you came out and had a good time!

IdahoRanger

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lariat SuperCrew FX4
Occupation
RETIRED

Andy

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat / 2019 Volvo XC60 T6 Inscription
Awesome to see you guys all getting together for this meetup! Looks like a lot of fun too. I'd like to get an off road meet up going here in Colorado if it ever stops snowing. I don't think there are near as many Ranger members in this state though. Too many die hard toyota fans..

Pathung

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4
Awesome to see you guys all getting together for this meetup! Looks like a lot of fun too. I'd like to get an off road meet up going here in Colorado if it ever stops snowing. I don't think there are near as many Ranger members in this state though. Too many die hard toyota fans..
@Andy If you put together a week-long Colorado/Moab wheeling package, maybe some of us will make the drive, from both east and west? ;-)

KID WITH SUPER-HUMAN-CHILD STRENGTH
xJZlXQB.jpg
Sponsored