Sponsored

Faded Window Trim Restoration

DukeCanBuildit

Well-Known Member
First Name
Duke
Joined
Jul 27, 2020
Threads
66
Messages
8,802
Reaction score
42,033
Location
Here
Vehicle(s)
XLT
There's no need for this because the regular Graphene Nano coating does the same thing. They have several products like this (similar to others they have) and I think the only reason they do this is some people use others coatings like Mothers and then will use this for their trim. With the Graphene Nano coating you can use it on all everything.

The 303 Aerospace Protectant and the Marine Aerospace Protectant are the exact same product. I asked the chemist about this years ago and he said the just tailer different markets like this.

From their website

1778504208214-b2.webp
Gotcha, thanks.

So…

IMG_1707.webp
IMG_1709.webp



IMG_1708.gif
Sponsored

 

got3fords

Well-Known Member
First Name
James
Joined
Apr 12, 2021
Threads
134
Messages
5,534
Reaction score
14,591
Location
22973
Vehicle(s)
2026 Marsh Gray Ranger Raptor, 1995 Harley XLH1200
Occupation
Mom Joke Professional
There's no need for this because the regular Graphene Nano coating does the same thing. They have several products like this (similar to others they have) and I think the only reason they do this is some people use others coatings like Mothers and then will use this for their trim. With the Graphene Nano coating you can use it on all everything.

The 303 Aerospace Protectant and the Marine Aerospace Protectant are the exact same product. I asked the chemist about this years ago and he said the just tailer different markets like this.

From their website

1778504208214-b2.webp
With the fading of the trim on my 5G, the first thing I did with the 6G was get some 303 and did all the trim. When I get the chance and it's not too hot out, I'll do the rest.
 

AzScorpion

Moderator
First Name
Dave
Joined
Jul 25, 2019
Threads
342
Messages
27,112
Reaction score
137,224
Location
Back Home In AZ!
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
Retired...Full Time Slacker
With the fading of the trim on my 5G, the first thing I did with the 6G was get some 303 and did all the trim. When I get the chance and it's not too hot out, I'll do the rest.
While the Aerospace protectant works great I like the Graphene better for the outside trim/rubber. It seems to last longer and protect it better with the added Graphene in it. I use the Aerospace protectant on all my interior and only do that 2-3 times a year.
 

got3fords

Well-Known Member
First Name
James
Joined
Apr 12, 2021
Threads
134
Messages
5,534
Reaction score
14,591
Location
22973
Vehicle(s)
2026 Marsh Gray Ranger Raptor, 1995 Harley XLH1200
Occupation
Mom Joke Professional
While the Aerospace protectant works great I like the Graphene better for the outside trim/rubber. It seems to last longer and protect it better with the added Graphene in it. I use the Aerospace protectant on all my interior and only do that 2-3 times a year.
I can't keep them straight, this is what a got:
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08K3N5QP5
 

AzScorpion

Moderator
First Name
Dave
Joined
Jul 25, 2019
Threads
342
Messages
27,112
Reaction score
137,224
Location
Back Home In AZ!
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
Retired...Full Time Slacker


got3fords

Well-Known Member
First Name
James
Joined
Apr 12, 2021
Threads
134
Messages
5,534
Reaction score
14,591
Location
22973
Vehicle(s)
2026 Marsh Gray Ranger Raptor, 1995 Harley XLH1200
Occupation
Mom Joke Professional
That's the one. You can use it on everything (glass, plastic, rubber and body panels) on the exterior but don't use it inside, use the Aerospace protectant inside.
I used it on my new tonneau cover as well. Right after install.
 

AzScorpion

Moderator
First Name
Dave
Joined
Jul 25, 2019
Threads
342
Messages
27,112
Reaction score
137,224
Location
Back Home In AZ!
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
Retired...Full Time Slacker
I used it on my new tonneau cover as well. Right after install.
On my '19 Ranger I used the Aerospace Protectant on that since it was a soft tonneau cover. My Tremor is a hard shell so I just use the Graphene on it but either works great and it comes down to convenience and preference. The only thing you don't want to do is use Graphene inside because of the fumes. It'll work but you'll be flying. :crazy:
 

got3fords

Well-Known Member
First Name
James
Joined
Apr 12, 2021
Threads
134
Messages
5,534
Reaction score
14,591
Location
22973
Vehicle(s)
2026 Marsh Gray Ranger Raptor, 1995 Harley XLH1200
Occupation
Mom Joke Professional
On my '19 Ranger I used the Aerospace Protectant on that since it was a soft tonneau cover. My Tremor is a hard shell so I just use the Graphene on it but either works great and it comes down to convenience and preference. The only thing you don't want to do is use Graphene inside because of the fumes. It'll work but you'll be flying. :crazy:
Duly noted!
 

quangdog

Well-Known Member
First Name
Kimball
Joined
Mar 31, 2020
Threads
37
Messages
736
Reaction score
2,526
Location
Meridian, Idaho
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat FX4
The black trim pieces that run along the top edge of the door right up against the glass have started to fade in the sun. They are relatively easy to remove: one single fastener on the inside of the door skin pops off one end and then the whole thing lifts up and off the door. I thought it would be easy to simply paint them, but I’m not sure what type of paint I should be using. The small rubber flap that is molded into them would be really difficult to mask off properly.

Has anyone already tried to address this? What process did you use? Is there a specific paint or product I should be considering?

Or, is it better to just simply replace them with new ones from Ford?

I’d be grateful for any advice anyone can offer.

Thanks!

IMG_1134.webp


IMG_1129.webp


IMG_1131.webp
 

Chris M

Well-Known Member
First Name
Chris
Joined
Jun 11, 2020
Threads
22
Messages
4,676
Reaction score
20,654
Location
Surprise, AZ
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT Sport 4X4
Occupation
Security Supervisor
 








Top