janitorjim

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger XLT 2021 302 pkg, FX2, Sport
Vehicle Showcase
with issues from trying to get a dent fixed before even taking possession of my customer order ranger I never really paid attention to the outside door handles (you think I would being that is first interaction you have).

But after I got home and was able to really look it seems like the handles look faded.
Ranger was built on 9/1 delivered to dealer on 9/22 so at most only outside for 3 weeks. Would think they would look as black as the tires. However they look like the pictures in this post Discolored door handles | 2019+ Ford Ranger and Raptor Forum (5th Generation) - Ranger5G.com (stolen image from post)
1632482646919.png

which was also new ranger. Reading that post seems like most people didn't have issues with the "color" of the handles. Was wondering, based on the photos from the above post, should the handles look like the photos? Should they be black black and if so is this a warranty issue that needs to be pursued? Will just simply putting some 303 or other protectant on it bring it back to a black that I am expecting?
Sponsored

McLeadslinger

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 Sport.
Occupation
Aircraft Electrician
My door handles are also faded.

JTDay

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazdaspeed3, M3
Occupation
EHS
They are all like that. Mine were much worse on my new truck. You could try 303 or B2B and see how that goes. Or get them painted. Or, like me, not care about it one bit because they will just get more and more faded lol.

THLONE

First Name
Thom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68 Chev C-20, 2019 Ford Ranger XL 4X4
Occupation
internet wise guy
Vehicle Showcase
OMG!

El Capitán

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger SuperCab XL STX FX4
Occupation
Flight Test Engineer
I would try 303 or a similar trim cleaner/protectant. the hassle and timeline of replacing these parts through a dealer might not be worth it, especially if they clean up well with 303. After detailing mine always look nice and black for a while before fading to a more dull coloration.

JesseS

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT FX4, Jayco 26' Class A
Occupation
Retired, work is a four letter word.
They are all like that. Mine were much worse on my new truck. You could try 303 or B2B and see how that goes. Or get them painted. Or, like me, not care about it one bit because they will just get more and more faded lol.
Nope, not all, mine are 5 months old and still look fine.
IMG_4114.JPG

mtbikernate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT 4x4
my chrome ones aren't faded. but every black plastic car part I've ever had that wasn't painted or coated has faded like this. I have some bits on my ranger in this untreated plastic and they're a little faded. 303 helps.

JesseS

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT FX4, Jayco 26' Class A
Occupation
Retired, work is a four letter word.
@JesseS I stand corrected! My truck is 6 months old but they've always looked faded.
Wasn’t trying to correct you, just pointing out that faded door handles on a new truck isn’t normal.

CarbonTremor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Ranger Tremor, 04 Jaguar XJR, 21 Bronco Sport
Mine look like that. I expect exterior plastic / rubber trim to fade. It just becomes another part of my car care routine to periodically apply product / condition trim.

OP
OP

janitorjim

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger XLT 2021 302 pkg, FX2, Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Mine look like that. I expect exterior plastic / rubber trim to fade. It just becomes another part of my car care routine to periodically apply product / condition trim.
yeah but I don't expect it be that way after 20 days after it was built. I used some meguiar's on it and it seems to have brought it back

AdamHarris

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 Black Supercrew
Occupation
Collision Repair Instructor
Vehicle Showcase
I’m gonna pull mine off (actually really easy, don’t even have to remove door panel) and spray em w some SEM trim black.
Sponsored