Extended Warranty (I know)

landiscarrier

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger Lariat, Focus ST
Occupation
Sales
Did anyone get the windshield/glass coverage through Ford? I couldn't find anywhere that had pricing.
I believe most insurances will cover windshield damage. I know my USAA insurance does. ??‍♂
Sponsored

Bob902

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT
Occupation
RETIRED!!!!
The issue now, especially in inflationary times, is the little stuff is 2,400 here 3,700 there. You just have to be wrong a couple of times. Also given inflation and part shortages who knows how much these costs will rise. Your brilliant engineering mind is shooting at a moving financial target. You analyze widgets, finance types like me look at dollars. It is all risk reward in the end.​
[/QUOTE]
the inflation issue is what got me. Price of everything, goods, materials, labor, etc is going up. What used to be a $600 or $700 repair is now going to be much more expensive.

OP
OP
apotocki

apotocki

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT
Occupation
Network Force Analyst
Vehicle Showcase
Just an FYI - it took 3 days but my extended warranty is now showing up in my FordPass.

Desert_5G

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Vehicle Showcase
Just an FYI - it took 3 days but my extended warranty is now showing up in my FordPass.
That's good to know. My CREDIT CARD hasn't even been charged yet and I bought it on the 4th.

Desert_5G

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Vehicle Showcase
I believe most insurances will cover windshield damage. I know my USAA insurance does. ??‍♂
It's an extra coverage and quite pricey through insurance. And most insurance won't replace it with OEM glass. I want the actual Ford windshield with the Bronco on it ?

Grumpaw

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat Sport Supercab
Occupation
Navy Vet., Retired Police Sgt.
It's an extra coverage and quite pricey through insurance. And most insurance won't replace it with OEM glass. I want the actual Ford windshield with the Bronco on it ?
I guess it depends on what company you have and where you live....
My Travelers added it to my policy for less than $100.00 per year, for both our vehicles, $50 deductible, factory parts/glass, and also covers re-adjusting any safety features. Glass replacement on the Ranger and wife's 2018 Subi Outback runs well over $1000.00, so adding it was a no-brainer.
I would also wonder if the add on to the Ford extended plan covers accidental damage. I would think it would only cover a defect, not some rock being thrown into your windshield.

Progeny2021

Banned
Banned
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat Super Crew Cab
Occupation
Retired
Same in NC and FL if one carries 'full coverage'. State Farm replaced the windshield on my 2006 Ranger several years back. The vendor phoned, asking if my windshield had 'Ranger' embossed in the bottom center - it did. They brought out the correct windshield - no deductible.

IMG_0322.JPG

NeptuneRanger

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT
Occupation
Insurance Agency Owner AZ, CA, CO and WA.
I guess it depends on what company you have and where you live....
My Travelers added it to my policy for less than $100.00 per year, for both our vehicles, $50 deductible, factory parts/glass, and also covers re-adjusting any safety features. Glass replacement on the Ranger and wife's 2018 Subi Outback runs well over $1000.00, so adding it was a no-brainer.
I would also wonder if the add on to the Ford extended plan covers accidental damage. I would think it would only cover a defect, not some rock being thrown into your windshield.
You are 100 percent correct !! The glass endorsement is only required to be offered in a handful of states, otherwise it falls under the comprehensive deductible. Some companies may offer it in non compulsory states for an extra fee. This forum reaches all 50 states, Canada and most of the world so it will be a different deal for each person. Simply call your insurance company and ask.

thewhiteranger

First Name
andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger fx2 and a 2019 Subaru Outback
Occupation
medical
That's good to know. My CREDIT CARD hasn't even been charged yet and I bought it on the 4th.
mine either -- bought it on the fourth as well. I got the confirmation of order by nothing further yet, I guess it not that big a deal since still under the 3/36 for another year and they still haven't charged my card yet or taken my points.

thewhiteranger

First Name
andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
medical
You are 100 percent correct !! The glass endorsement is only required to be offered in a handful of states, otherwise it falls under the comprehensive deductible. Some companies may offer it in non compulsory states for an extra fee. This forum reaches all 50 states, Canada and most of the world so it will be a different deal for each person. Simply call your insurance company and ask.
I wish my state (TX) required it or offered it, the windshield on these trucks is about 1k and my Subaru???? a whole lot more. It goes agains my comp. deductible if I have to get another one hopefully can catch it in the repairable stage. My wife is from the MA and it is required there fro all policies.

thewhiteranger

First Name
andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
medical
The issue now, especially in inflationary times, is the little stuff is 2,400 here 3,700 there. You just have to be wrong a couple of times. Also given inflation and part shortages who knows how much these costs will rise. Your brilliant engineering mind is shooting at a moving financial target. You analyze widgets, finance types like me look at dollars. It is all risk reward in the end.​
the inflation issue is what got me. Price of everything, goods, materials, labor, etc is going up. What used to be a $600 or $700 repair is now going to be much more expensive.
[/QUOTE]
its the electronics and all that stuff that scare me -- cars are just not repairable by owners anymore its all far to complicated and specialized for most of us beyond basic maintinance. I plan to keep this truck awhile so the 8/100 plan should work well for me and the price is pretty reasonable - glad ford lets all dealers sell the warranty regardless of where you bought it since most dealers are stupid greedy when it comes to "extras"

thewhiteranger

First Name
andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
medical
After reading this thread, I think over paid my 110K miles from the dealer. This is my first Ford so I added the extended warranty for $2,225, the dealer said if I wanted to cancel it after 36K miles I could and pro rated after that. Maybe I could use that money for the Bronco or another Ranger.
actually if youre under 3/36 you can cancel it and likely re buy with better for less the have to wait until 36k is a lie. if you do that you cannot buy the "new car extended warranty" so it will cost you a lot more. its a pro rated refund yes. look at flood ford its cheaper fwiw -- that term 110k miles isn't one thats listed on fords site so likely they sold you a third party one -- dealers have ZERO problems lying to people to sell stuff..... just sayin.
. you can probably still cancel it but read the contract it should say.

thewhiteranger

First Name
andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
medical
When I bought mine, it was a Friday night. It said it could take up to 5 business days, but I had the confirmation on Monday.
I bought mine on the 4th -- today (7th) I got a call from flood ford saying their webpage was messing up credit card numbers on some orders so either papal or call him back to correct the CC number, I corrected the card number and less than 5 minutes later, showed on "my ford" and had the emailed contract and receipt --- awesome service and now white ranger has a place to live for at least another 5 years or so. I went with 8/100k with the lighting option as well.

thewhiteranger

First Name
andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
medical
Look up Flood Ford ESP online. I even spoke with the salesman. I forget his name. Gardenier or something like that. It’ll tell you on the website. This is a Ford dealership.
that name::::: its Andrew Gardner --- internet sales extended warranty Dept -yes its a real place, my order showed up on "my ford" app within 5 minutes of speaking with him (had to correct the CC number scrambled by webpage) and I received the emailed documents as well ..... its legit ford lets any of their dealers sell their new warranties.

Tracy Bowman

First Name
Tracy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Hyundai Accent, 2001 Ford F-150, 2019 Ford Ranger FX4 Saber Lariat
that name::::: its Andrew Gardner --- internet sales extended warranty Dept -yes its a real place, my order showed up on "my ford" app within 5 minutes of speaking with him (had to correct the CC number scrambled by webpage) and I received the emailed documents as well ..... its legit ford lets any of their dealers sell their new warranties.
Yes, it was a very pleasant experience. :)
Sponsored