First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Jeep TJ
Occupation
Retired
Just picked up my '23 Ranger a few days ago and noticed that I have a small hole at the front of my muffler that spews water and leaves a puddle on the ground, especially at start up. Am I correct in assuming that this is an intentionally placed weep hole? Thanks.
Sponsored

Surlyman

First Name
Cameron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Tremor
Occupation
Hitman
Yep, could call it an industry standard today. Just did downpipes/exhaust on a 2020 raptor yesterday and it’s muffler was nearly completely black.

OP
OP
AzureRanger

AzureRanger

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Jeep TJ
Occupation
Retired
Yep, could call it an industry standard today. Just did downpipes/exhaust on a 2020 raptor yesterday and it’s muffler was nearly completely black.
Thanks....I'm used to seeing condensation out the tailpipe, but haven't had a vehicle with the weep hole.

Fordup

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Lariat Crew , 1966 Chevrolet Biscayne
Occupation
Retired YouTube Creator
Give me a case of bud light and pack of body panel plugs, I'll plug every god **** hole in this beast.
Bud Light!!!! What's the matter you don't have money left for good beer after buying all the plugs :facepalm:.

Jason B

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XL STX SE 4x2
Occupation
machinist
They have been doing that for years, even on my 1995 F150. It's to keep condensation out of the muffler chambers. It was absolutely necessary back in the day when exhaust systems were just steel and would rot from the inside out. I don't think it's a big issue now as most exhaust systems are stainless steel, but still not good to have water sitting in the system, especially during freezing temps.

Chris M

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT Sport 4X4
Occupation
Security Supervisor
I'm really glad to see this thread.
I have a little black spot on the floor of the garage that is not where the end of the tailpipe is, but corresponds nicely to the muffler location and have wondered if I may have developed an exhaust leak. Since you all say it's normal, I'm gonna go with that for now...but if I ever decided to change out exhausts, would it become an issue in some fashion?
Or would a new exhaust have a similarly placed hole for "weepage"?

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
I'm really glad to see this thread.
I have a little black spot on the floor of the garage that is not where the end of the tailpipe is, but corresponds nicely to the muffler location and have wondered if I may have developed an exhaust leak. Since you all say it's normal, I'm gonna go with that for now...but if I ever decided to change out exhausts, would it become an issue in some fashion?
Or would a new exhaust have a similarly placed hole for "weepage"?
If its a stock exhaust it should have the same weep hole. Btw I have that same black spot on the garage floor too. :)

Chris M

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT Sport 4X4
Occupation
Security Supervisor